Search results

1. PartyPooper

When It Rains, It Pours?

I've been watching a lot of woodworking on YouTube and I found one I like called John's Furniture Repair. There are a lot of good suggestions and techniques. She doesn't repair speakers, but wood is wood and she repairs a lot of veneer. I'm going to be trying out some new mesh sandpaper...
  2. PartyPooper

Old homebuilts

I wish I did the design work, but they were one of the stock plans in the book. Still, I learned a lot building them. And I got to spend some time working on something with my grandfather.
  3. PartyPooper

Old homebuilts

I've finally been working in my garage, building a proper man cave. I'd been planning to do so for a while, and have been collecting things. The main part of it though was this pair of speakers. I know, they aren't anything really special. But these were the first pair I ever built, and the...
  4. PartyPooper

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Those look pretty good, cosmetically anyway. It would be a shame not to fix them up.
  5. PartyPooper

Interesting speakers

There were several of them around the club. I took the family out to BB King’s for dinner and some live music.
  6. PartyPooper

Interesting speakers

Just sat down to dinner in Memphis and came across these babies. They sound really good.
  7. PartyPooper

Baby Advent ii woofer replacement question...

I hope you saved your original drivers. Refoam them and put them up for sale on Ebay (or better yet, get a membership here and sell them). I refoamed mine, and it's a pretty easy process. And I love how they sound.
  8. PartyPooper

Building new speaker cabinets, need specifications

The easiest place to start is advise you to buy a book. That's how I started out. Radio Shack Catalog number 62-2309. Building Speaker Enclosures by David Weems. Get the second edition with the red cover. Later editions removed a lot of the calculations, graphs and theory. ISBN 0-8306-0964-4
  9. PartyPooper

Found something that cleans the sticky age residue off of woodgrain vinyl

That is cool, it will be my new pride and joy. Thanks!
  10. PartyPooper

Polk center channel

So my wife drug me over to Goodwill yesterday. Digging around in their pile of crap computer speakers I came across a Polk CS-1 in cherry for $25. Damn near mint, not a scratch on it. I didn't really need another center, but I couldn't leave it sit. So now my computer has a center channel...
  11. PartyPooper

KLH 630 speakers

I just bought a pair and I'm missing one of the ports. I know it's been a while but if you still have them I'll let you know when I find a suitable replacement.
  12. PartyPooper

Picked up at Goodwill

I cleaned them up a bit. Not too shabby. I should get a better camera though.
  13. PartyPooper

Picked up at Goodwill

I didn't buy it, I have no where to put it. I bought the Onkyo receiver. And then I went to the other Goodwill by my house today. That was not a good idea. I picked up a nice Yamaha receiver for $4 and a pair of KLH 630's that were on sale for $2. One of the KLH's is missing the port tube...
  14. PartyPooper

Picked up at Goodwill

Sometimes I buy the other one just to piss him off. Then I donate it at a different store later.
  15. PartyPooper

QLS Refinish

Very nice! Those turned out very well. It always bothers me when someone paints perfectly good wood.
  16. PartyPooper

Classic Speaker Pages website down

I hate forum moves. I worked on a couple of PHPBB forums back in the day. It's especially crappy if you don't have shell access. Make sure you have the right version of PHP and the backend DB, upgrade the forum, upgrade the plugins if possible. Ug.
  17. PartyPooper

Picked up at Goodwill

I know what you mean. It was probably a good thing they didn't have a good set of speakers. There is also some prick running around that goes there and buys one speaker in a pair and then buys the other on 50% off day.
  18. PartyPooper

Building a system.

If you aren't adverse to trying something new without hearing it first, try goodwill. You can shop online now and pick up a few bargains. Or any other thrift store works too. What I usually do before buying anything is search on this forum and see what the guys say about that model. I also...
  19. PartyPooper

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

This is my new favorite thread. Dear God.
  20. PartyPooper

Building a system.

You can read all the threads on this forum, but really the only way you will find a pair of good speakers is to go listen to a few. Everyone's tastes differ and what I like you might hate.
  21. PartyPooper

Fiberglass as dampening material

Yet another reason not to live in the Peoples Republic of NY. Sheesh.
  22. PartyPooper

Home brew or do you recognize it?

Congrats, that is the oddest looking speaker I have ever seen.
  23. PartyPooper

Picked up at Goodwill

So my POS flaky Pioneer VSX-821 finally bit the dust. Funny it would do that during quarantine. So Goodwill reopened this week so I decided to make the trek out and see what they had. Man did I luck out. I found a nice Onkyo TX-NR609. The sound out of it with the same speakers blew the...
  24. PartyPooper

Console speakers w/ Sony Receiver

An RCA Ann Arbor would look nice. If you could find one, I'd yank the electronics (probably already a lost cause anyway) and the speakers and put a newer pair of speakers behind the grills. Try garage sales or estate auctions, those are usually good places to find things like that. My...
Back
Top Bottom