Search results

1. moromete

CR 800 lamp to LED repalcement

Hello again, On the CR 800 3 out of 4 lamps where out . Decided to replace them with LED 's and noticed that the time from power switch flip till relay kicking in increased to 7 sec. Al led's are 12V 20 mA . Also calculated the value of a resistor to compensate the power dissipated by the...
  2. moromete

CR 800 power switch

Just because my soldering iron don't get hot enough to take switch out, I went over the moon to fix the switch. I used a small cylindrical lapping stone for watch makers to polish contacts. My father advice in restoring relay an power contacts was after polish to use dental silver mercury alloy...
  3. moromete

CR 800 power switch

Just to ease my curiosity checked all vintage amps /receivers today. CR 800 and CR 600 European version with DIN connectors has no snubber cap+resistor . Same thing is shown in power supply schematic. Sansui G8000 and Kenwood KR 9600 have this package . In Kenwood case , looks like an...
  4. moromete

CR 800 power switch

Thanks for reply! The European version has no snubber cap+resistor in series. Strange... I meant a modern replacement because I see in my other Yamaha CR 600 that has a nicer switch , from Noble. Daniel
  5. moromete

CR 800 power switch

Hello, This is my first post in Yamaha section. I got as student, from my father ,his old receiver CR 800. I still have it and my intention is to use it daily and use the 7.1 system just for movies. The problem is the power switch is arching. Can you please tell me where to find a...
  6. moromete

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

G 8000 818060896
  7. moromete

Sansui is something new to me...

By the way... the bias problem in the right channel was a false assumption. The measuring posts had some white crust over the solder preventing a good connection. Now both channels are at 16 mV +/_ 0.1 mV. The lack of working tuner is still bugging me...
  8. moromete

Sadly i had to put the all thing together without restringing the tuner. I intended to use a braided fishing line of 0.45 mm but no such thing in my fishing tackle box. Please tell me if there is a procedure for setting correctly the string : 1.What to dismantle to get better access to the fly...
  9. moromete

Hi Hipocrates, Pictures coming soon. The unit works, in fact sounds great. The seller told me that has a scratchy volume pot and the tuner string is missing. Was out over the weekend and the time to return the sick beast expired. Purchased over internet "as it is". Looked inside and found out...
  10. moromete

Hi all, just starting out and trying to learn. I'm looking to restore a G 8000 which i got for a secondary setup, for the weekend house. The exterior is fine for its age ,with scratches on the aluminium frame and side rails.Face and knobs OK But the interior is a mess: all the frame is pitted...
Back
Top Bottom