Search results

1. L

Cornwall Problems: Is It the Gear, the Room, or Synergy

I know nothing about larger Klipsch. I have Klipsch smalls for my H/T. What I am impressed w/ is your ability to change out pre amps, amplifiers at a moments notice. Also as some said and is well know Klipsch can be very clear,clean and fatiguing for long term listening. Let me know if you ever...
  2. L

Mcintosh mc 2500

Not ever owning a Mc piece, i do/did read the Rodger Russell pages and clearly there are amps built in the 50's for the Navy and military in general. Could you guys inform me if this is what your talking about. I was an alarm installer back in the day and worked in some very nice houses. The...
  3. L

What do I have here JBL L100 Century

guys never owned larger JBLs only G-200 and the awful 2060 bookies I have no idea whether if you mixed and matched any of the 3 models any sound difference would be heard from me not a golden ear ?.....Lew
  4. L

Dangerous to "hot" switch between 4 ohm and 8 ohm speakers?

I don't know if this applies. I do have an Adcom gfs-6 speaker selector and do switch speakers form time to time while amps is on and nothing happens. I do in fact lower the volume because I had all different sizes and styles of speakers long time ago. Now only 2 working sets.....Lew
  5. L

1981 Frazier Concertos

Could you guys answer this. A very old friend of mine had a model of Fraziers. He never called them by a model name only Frazier Black Boxes. Was this a generic term or did Frazier actually name a set that name ? BTW he traded them in for Dalhquist D-10s at the time. He powered them through a...
  6. L

Adding batting to speakers

if you want to go a tad more expensive and deaden the hollowness out of a cabinet Black Hole-5 does that perfectly. It was recommended as a mod to do when I redid my Polk SDA 2Bs.
  7. L

What to do about loose bananas?

I had the same problem w/ the bananas I was using to plug into my Adcom. Very loose until I went w/ Nakamichi balloon type bananas (double set screw) which worked much better and not very expensive. Also if lazy or out of cash just take some electrical tape and tape up the ends before running...
  8. L

speakers w/ fiber fill or not

Like you know I just finished off re foaming my Advent Maestros and noticed that there was a very thin layer of fiberglass and it did not cover the entire rear wall maybe 3/4 of it. Some speakers are jammed packed w/ the stuff enough to insulate your house. What /who determines the amount of...
  9. L

EPI 100V

I had a set of Gold Ringed 100v bookies and loved them. They are a perfect for a den , library, dorm room size places. Bigger rooms maybe not so much. Mine also were freshly re foamed but not by me. About the values and re capping , you bought woofers from Human Spkrs and Hu is the source and...
  10. L

Ohm Walsh 300 mk 2, a question of power

i like this idea of the thermometer. My heat sinks at the rear of my Adcom GFA-555 rarely get warm to the touch even when running multiple sets at the same time. I will admit I do not do this any more and only have 3 working sets and they are on one at a time. The idea of how hot and hard an amp...
  11. L

Mystery speakers at a glance Goodwill..

Listen to this. I have 2 GW stores close to me and one had gobs of electronics and LPs and well the other did not. I ask the manager because this item I think a Vector Research receiver was on sale but was in very rough shape and the price seemed so out of wack for this. I go into the manager's...
  12. L

Took advice and re foamed both Maestros

I think there on another thread but here goes.As I said in the other post I slipped w/ a screw driver and holed the surround. I then glued some papaer towel to make a patch. from the front you could not tell but it was hard to the touch. Most here said just re foam the thing and I did both...
  13. L

OHM Model I score.....

I will say 1st I want a set but alas they do not come up very often and when they do they are not cheap unless you find a desperate house wife whose husband has passed and has no idea what his gear is worth. Now the Ohm I are what I would call competitors to the Bose 601s and the EPI M-201s...
  14. L

Ok glue up done

You guys must think I'm a royal pita for all these questions but I try. I just put on the re foamed Advent Maestros on low volume as suggested sound great. I think I have the re foaming thing down but there is another question. Those who know Maestros know that the mid thing is a plastic...
  15. L

Took advice and re foamed both Maestros

I early in the morning asked what would be optimum drying time Rick Cobbs glue. A few said leave it for 24 hrs before playing. Now I have many hours and still not going to play them until tomorrow.I found using acetone to break up the old glue a bit of scraping and viola a clean basket rim. Now...
  16. L

glue drying time

Very good, 24 hrs it will be. Another reason for having multiple sets of speakers. Thanks Lew
  17. L

glue drying time

Hi guys if you remember I told you I had a blow out one one of my surrounds w/ my Advent Maestros. To a man you all said ditch the patch and re foam for real. Now I did do one because I didn't know how old it was and it just blew away. That job came out great even though I'm not known for...
  18. L

cheating foam repair, Seller, admit u did it.

I don’t you guys know what happened. My screwdriver slipped and tore right into the surround. While it was a smaller screw driver I did a McGiver on it. I got the set from Rick Cobb and they are perfect. Now I have to find that spare and will reform for either resale or for myself.
  19. L

Lifer, This is a distinct possibility. Thanks for the coherent response.
  20. L

So what manual is this ? How to jury rig a speaker foam smart ass.
  21. L

I'm back, I have a set of Advent Maestros play great and you guys know they love a lot of power. That's covered. Now I did get them on the cheap maybe $50 w/ one foam surround shot and the other in very good shape so I thought. The other so called good I noticed had a blow out repair using...
  22. L

Help needed for Bose 901 Series VI

More or less that’s what I said all along. Did you buy them new ? Are you sure they are truly left and right spkrs and the eq which you admit to have is the correct one for your series. If if semi blocked it would not obscure the sound to the point your hearing it. As JD said do not use an A/B...
  23. L

More or less that’s what I said all along. Did you buy them new ? Are you sure they are truly left and right spkrs and the EQ which you admit to have is the correct one for your series. If the speaker was semi blocked it would not obscure the sound to the point your not hearing it as well the...
  24. L

Not an expert on the 901s but I do not think there are any electronics in the speaker cabinets themselves except the terminal knurled nuts and however the speakers are wired. If your running them w/o the appropriate series EQ that might be failing because of age gets to the caps and resistors...
  25. L

to use outlets on pre amps

J.J. that would be Terry DeWICK I'm guessing. That dude sure knows his Macs. Saying that I think they are a totally in a better class than what I have. Actually I'm jealous and always wanted a 2105>C-28>Dual 1229> Ar3a the professional man's gear for a den or living room .Maybe bigger...
Back
Top Bottom