Search results

1. HappyT_Harry

Formula 1 2023 - racing, tech AND driver discussions welcome here

I was impressed by Piastri making Q3. I think the future is bright there, hopefully McLaren can give he and Lando a car that is more solidly mid pack at least. Also, I am a Stroll hater but he had a heckuva overtake against Carlos early on in the race that the commentators didn’t mention and we...
  2. HappyT_Harry

Checo better be careful and at least make sure he has something lined up before he makes any waves. RB could drop him tomorrow and just put Daniel back in there if they wanted to.
  3. HappyT_Harry

5000 Receiver worth getting repaired?

I love my 5000a. Not sure what else you have so can’t say it will be better/worse than your other options but I find its tone very pleasing. I can tell you that when mine acts up I’ll get it fixed for sure.
  4. HappyT_Harry

Thanks for putting all this information together and having it in one spot. Been a whirlwind of an off-season.
  5. HappyT_Harry

Kyocera A-910 Restoration & Information Thread

Awesome work, Connor!
  6. HappyT_Harry

How good are Rectilinear III Highboys ...REALLY?

Love my Rectilinear III Highboys. They are playing quite nicely with Sansui 5000a for a simple vintage rig in the living room. Would love to try them out with my 8080 but it won’t fit in the spot in the credenza where we have the 5000a placed. @kirk57 helped me sort out my pair many years ago...
  7. HappyT_Harry

Formula1 2022--2025 ; Teams, Tech, and Racing discussion.

I have not enjoyed this season as much as last. We’ve traded the dominant Mercs for the dominant Red Bulls. Also as a McLaren fan I haven’t been having much fun haha. Looking forward to next year.
  8. HappyT_Harry

IndyCar 2022

Ugh, YouTube TV didn't record the race correctly. For some reason it cut off the broadcast at 40 minutes. Was hoping to watch this one since it's one of the races that is relatively close to where I live.
  9. HappyT_Harry

I really like Ricciardo but I think it's best for both parties they settle on his contract buyout and go their separate ways. It just hasn't worked. Lando has thoroughly dominated him. I don't think Piastri will come in and do any better immediately but hopefully he can grow into an exciting...
  10. HappyT_Harry

Oh boy, Ferrari is messing up so much this year that the fight has become for 2nd place with Mercedes. Really didn’t see that coming at the start of the year.
  11. HappyT_Harry

GR-Research NX-Studio DIY Kit

I'm looking forward to your listening impressions. I have an older pair of GR research speakers - the N2X. Mine use the older BG Neo 3 tweeter...not sure there is much difference between the two but I flat out love that tweeter. I imagine it only gets better mounted as a dipole in that open...
  12. HappyT_Harry

It's a shame Charles wrecked today. I think it robbed us of a very compelling 1-2 battle. It's interesting after Leclerc's outburst on the radio he had already done a full 180 by the time he was interviewed and took the blame for his mistake. I do think Leclerc has what it takes to be champion...
  13. HappyT_Harry

I never know how they calculate those graphics. Merc definitely is still lagging behind Ferrari and Red Bull in quali but have shown really good race pace a few times now.
  14. HappyT_Harry

Those last laps and the battle between Charles, Checo, and Lewis had me at the edge of my seat, just outstanding racing. Seems like the new cars are delivering on their goal for closer racing. I’m a big Carlos fan but Ferrari really needed to do everything in their power to get Charles that win...
  15. HappyT_Harry

Ha, Latifi into Q3. What a world we are living in.
  16. HappyT_Harry

Think rain was the only way to make Monaco interesting, I did find it entertaining this year. Poor Leclerc is cursed at his hometown…I was really pulling for him. I’m glad to see Checo having some success though. Putting my McLaren fan hat on for a second - I’m starting to get concerned that...
  17. HappyT_Harry

Red Bull has come back strong after their reliability issues from earlier races. Pace advantage seems to vary from race to race between the Ferrari and the RB. This looks like it is going to be another fun season.
  18. HappyT_Harry

Heck of a lap by Checo to snag the pole at the last second. Max normally schools him in quali so it was good to see Perez take one. Glad Mick is ok, always makes you nervous when they don’t immediately show the replays of the wreck and the driver getting out. I’m not much of a fan of this track...
  19. HappyT_Harry

McLaren fan here. Super disappointed today. I’ll enjoy the race tomorrow because it’s F1 and it’s back but I’m hoping they figure it out with more time with the car.
  20. HappyT_Harry

Looking forward to first race weekend under these new regs. Hoping the FIA got it right and we’ll have consistently close racing. I wrapped up Drive to Survive yesterday and now ready for some real live action. Hoping McLaren can take a step forward but so far in testing it looks like Ferrari is...
  21. HappyT_Harry

IndyCar 2022

I have been trying to get into IndyCar more. Maybe this will be the year it grabs me. I’ve been pretty focused on F1 the past few years and am a McLaren fan so at least that makes it kinda easy to pick a rooting interest in the IndyCar series. Thanks for the schedule, gotta make sure my DVR is set!
  22. HappyT_Harry

Formula 1 2021

I am really loving the variety of the cars revealed so far. I was worried the new regs would have everything pretty locked down but so far the cars are all looking very unique.
  23. HappyT_Harry

Post your Sunset & Sunrise pictures

Sun setting behind clouds in the MS Delta September 2019
Back
Top Bottom