Search results

1. J

Cerwin Vega 380SE, What makes them tick??

If you guys want a pic of the 380SE crossovers here's some I took yesterday, looking at upgrading the caps.
  2. J

Energy 22 tweeter replacements

KLH 900B is a 3 way speaker, what you installed was the midrange from that speaker, I'm not seeing a tweeter in that setup, what about the crossover points? 2way vs 3 way?
  3. J

Just purchased a Marantz 2100 Tuner Want to upgrade it :)

I also would like to know that answer also :). I really like the sound of that tuner, The only issue I find is that sometimes the station fades away, like it doesn't stay locked into position.
  4. J

Hi thanks for the insight but your right and wrong, Fm can and is broadcast down to 20Hz not 30 and yes 15kHz is the cutoff, Tuners like Carver, Techniques and a couple others go down to 20Hz, Actually I think Marantz makes one also. I like the idea of different crystal filters, my Pioneer...
  5. J

Yes it looked nice so I went for it :) Always wanted one and this one already has the LED's and he cleaned up the box and added some feet from another Marantz receiver.
  6. J

Hi I always liked the looks of Marantz and finally purchased my first one, Yes I'll be removing that tape residue. I'm pretty good with a soldering gun and this tuner looks great but being 30'ish yrs old it should be recapped, Also I would like to improve the frequency response for 30hz and...
  7. J

I got to say I keep looking at them :), They really came out nice.
  8. J

Ok they came in, I had to buy some small blue female disconnects 16-awg crimps for the wires to clip onto the new tweeters, cost like $2 at home hardware. All six holes lined up 100%, OMG does this ever sound Crazy nice. 100% perfect machining, 100% tweeter/woofer/cross over match. I'm very...
  9. J

Product Specifications Tweeter TypeSoft Dome Cone / Dome Diameter1" Impedance4 ohms Power Handling (RMS)110 Watts Frequency Response1,300 to 20,000 Hz Sensitivity91 dB 1W/1m The only thing I see out of place is the ohms, 8 vs 4, I've seen others use 4ohm in the 22's without any modifications...
  10. J

I sent the machinist both tweeter plates, he's also returning them with two new ones, Once I get them sometime this week, I'm going to do a layer of duct tape on the backs that mount against the magnet that way it will an insulator against the wires and terminals.
  11. J

would need the full model number they made a lot of different Vifa XT 25 versions
  12. J

Will do, they are still in mail, I'm in Canada and the machinist is in the USA, This is the Aluminum I had him order.(free shipping in the USA) http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pieces-1-4-X-6-ALUMINUM-6061-FLAT-BAR-6-long-250-T6511-Plate-Mill-Stock-/350917093398?hash=item51b449e816 and this was the Guy...
  13. J

Tweeter Plates by jeffdewe posted Aug 10, 2017 at 7:26 AM I had these machined from 1/4" aluminum 6"x6" they are made for Silk Dome Vifa / Pearless D27TG-35-06 They go low enough to match the Energy 22, Same db/m also, perfect match other than the faceplates I figure I came up with one of the...
  14. Tweeter Plates

Tweeter Plates

Back
Top Bottom