Search results

1. A

au-505 rectifier substitute

The thread that keeps on giving. I just replaced a 10dc1 with 2x 1n4007. It seems to be holding up well
  2. A

Sansui AU-777A vs all contenders

That is a thing of beauty! Really enjoying this thread - keep up the good work
  3. A

Sansui 7000 return to glory!

I've done an assessment of F-1317 and there are a number of resistors that have completely shorted. The capacitors and transistors seem ok. So I will replace the faulty resistors, and might as well replace the capacitors while I am at it. -AP
  4. A

Thanks Pete, I have some Servisol Electronic Cleaning Solvent which might be good for the function switch (unless this is frowned upon?). I think you might be right about F-1317 being the issue. I get the feeling that the switch is ok seeing as though the tuner meter lamps turn on correctly...
  5. A

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's more appropriate to seperate this out as it's a maintenance issue. Today I was lucky enough to score a beautiful Sansui 7000 receiver. I gave it a good clean, polished the timber cover to a brilliant lustre. I check the pots for crackling, but...
  6. A

Sansui 7000

I am now the proud owner of one of these beauties. And wow does it pack a punch - so effortless. The issue with it is that the tuner doesn't seem to work - it just doesnt seem to pick up a signal or output to speakers. Any ideas? The serial # is 221060398. So I'm guessing that is the 398th unit...
  7. A

Pioneer SA-720 amp

Hi all, I've tried scouring the forum for info on this amp, but very little has shown up other than repair advice. It seems to have been a decent buy back around 1981-82. Ratings are 65 wpc into 8Ω. I've recently been offered one of these along with a SG-300 EQ. What are peoples experiences...
  8. A

Akai Aa-5210 Amp - Photos

Thanks for the advice - I'll make sure to hook it up before buying and check for warranty/guarantee. The last thing I want is a lemon. It is good to hear though that Akai made quality gear back in the day. It inspires me to find out more about the company.
  9. A

Also, as far as sound goes, I am a bit of a newbie. I have been using a Denon PMA-501 for a while now. Any idea how it would compare to that?
  10. A

I'm going to go and have another look at it next Saturday when I don't have the kids at my heels trying to break everything in the store... I'll give it a good inspection, and take note of the rubber elements as you say. Thank you for the advice. I'm unsure if I'll be able to give it a listen in...
  11. A

Bump I've seen one of these hanging around a local shop - It's a lovely looking amp to my eye. Does anyone have any experience with these? I've never considered Akai a worthwhile brand, but after reading some feedback around here it seems like it might be worth pursuing.
  12. A

Nivico (JVC) 5007

Thanks for the feedback redk9258 - I'll look into it.
  13. A

Nivico (JVC) 5007

Update for anyone interested. So last night I changed out the cut power cord (and earthed), gave her a good inspection and clean, gave the pots some love in the form of deoxit and wd40. Powered her up and man does it sound good for a little old discarded amp. Not overly loud, but so much more...
  14. A

Nivico (JVC) 5007

15. A

Nivico (JVC) 5007

Hi all, long time reader but first time poster. I've been into vintage audio gear since I was in my teens messing about with my dads Denon pma-501. Now many years later my passion has been reignited. Anyway, enough with the intro - I was lucky enough today to stumble upon a very cute looking...
Back
Top Bottom