Search results

1. mrbook

Looking for a phono stage

I am a big fan of the Vincent PHO-701. Quite nice for the money
  2. mrbook

Help me decide.

I am currently using a Marantz 1070 as a preamp and using the built in phono pre so I imagine I can’t go wrong either way
  3. mrbook

Help me decide.

So I have listened to quite a few phono preamps over the past month or so and think I have narrowed it down to the Vincent PHO 701 or the Moon 110LP. Both sounds fantastic but I am having a hard him deciding which one. The carts I am primarily running are the Nagaoka MP150 and Ortofon 2m blue...
  4. mrbook

First tube amplifier

Well I was able to borrow a Primaluna Prologue 5 from some one locally that had some Tung-Sol KT-120s and it sounded fantastic with my setup, I really liked it with my Marantz 1070 over the 3200 as a pre. Not sure what the difference is there but to my ears there was one. I really like the idea...
  5. mrbook

First tube amplifier

Thanks everyone for the feedback I am still investigating hopefully I will make a decision shortly
  6. mrbook

First tube amplifier

I am not sure. I need to research a few other shops. I know the bigger shop that I looked at only allowed it if you spent over 5k which is a bit above my budget unfortunately
  7. mrbook

First tube amplifier

I wish I had friends that had amps let alone tube amps that I could borrow from. Most of my friends idea of audio is listening on their iPhone or playing something from their $50 Bluetooth speakers ☹️
  8. mrbook

First tube amplifier

That’s good to hear. I would love to build a tube amp but like I said time is scarce these days but one day building a tube amp from scratch is on my bucket list. Just want to get something good from the start that I don’t have to fiddle with much, I can roll some tubes and hopefully get my kids...
  9. mrbook

First tube amplifier

For sure you can’t beat the ease of replacement of tubes, resistors, capacitors, inductors though transformers could be a pain but think the need to replace those would be rare. But that is a good thing to think about.
  10. mrbook

First tube amplifier

Hi primosounds, I was meaning my increased interest as "rage" but I see that I did not convey that very well and was not trying to offend, so if I did I apologize. I do agree with your statements and I like the elegance of tube amplifiers and they have really sparked a renewed interesting in...
  11. mrbook

First tube amplifier

Interesting I have always liked the 3200 but I do have a 1070 that could try as well but not sure how close that is to the 1060. I think I have some okay gear but I am just curious what all the rage was about when it comes to tubes. From what I have heard most sound fantastic but is what I am...
  12. mrbook

First tube amplifier

For sure not my endgame though I have been powering them with my Marantz 140 which is only 70 wpc though some say it is actually ~90 wpc and they sounds pretty damn good to my ears but I am curious to try something with some more oomph.
  13. mrbook

First tube amplifier

Thanks 6DZ7 I have been researching for quite a while and while I know there are a lot of great vintage options out there I think I would prefer something new in the case. I am definitely not in any rush I just wanted to get some opinions and feedback from this great community. Thanks for your...
  14. mrbook

First tube amplifier

Hello everyone, I am looking to get into the world of tube audio but I really am just starting to learn. My current setup is a Marantz 3200 pre, with a Marantz 140 power amp and a mix of speakers from Vandersteen 2ce, Vandersteen 1b, Klipsch KG4s, turntable is a Kenwood kd-650 w/ a Nagaoka...
Back
Top Bottom