Search results

1. Gents

It's Just A Power Cord...

But it sounds so very good. I switched an old Straightwire power cord from my preamp to a new Zu Birth power cable. It's literally a whole new sound. Like a component change- and it ain't even started to 'burn in'. More air, more 3D, more liquid vocals...jury is still out on bass. We can talk...
  2. Gents

Did You Ever Just F-up?

I did. Sold my CJ MF2250 last week (out of audio boredom) and blindly went with an Audio Research D200. While they're pretty much the same in terms of power, the CJ was, among other things, a more assertive amp. Good for cranking. It tightly took control of my Vandy 2 Signatures bottom...
  3. Gents

Does Anyone Recall McClaren- Not Tag McClaren...

This has to be about 25, maybe more, years ago. I came across the most magnificent, open, transparent McLaren (or McClaren) solid state preamp as a loaner from my friends at my favorite hi-fi spot. I've been looking online for years- I have no details to offer. I only have a guesstimate that...
  4. Gents

First time, longtime...

Hey, I'm Chris. Thirty years into the hobby, on & off. Been reading here for years and for whatever reason, feel compelled to actually participate. The rig, like the Trump Administration, is always in flux. Currently it's... Conrad Johnson MF2250 Adcom GFP750 (just replaced a PV10B) Vandersteen...
Back
Top Bottom