Search results

1. J

HH Scott 222A - need help!

Hi I was wondering of anyone has heard whether or not there is an effort by anyone to bring the HH Scott forums back? I see, like everyone else the "This domain may be for sale" message. I haven't found anything in searches, don't see a yahoo group etc. There is a lot of support...
  2. J

What are Klipsch Shorthorns? Not Klipschorns.

He just contacted me, with these as his last resort to offer for my La Scalas I have listed on craigslist. It was interesting to read the post about his ad, which was pretty close to what he said on the phone. After searching and seeing the pictures online, I realized I have moved one of...
  3. J

HD Denon TU-604CI anyone?

Thanks Knight, even in analog with the RDS card it should be a decent tuner. I will be interested to see if it can compete with my analog tuners. It will have the RDS info scrolling on screen I suppose. It appears I will be paying $299 for an HD card, a couple places are in stock, or at least...
  4. J

HD Denon TU-604CI anyone?

May I ask where you bought your card? I just bought one, they are now $109 shipped. It comes with 2 cards, I am hoping 1 is HD. And did you write yours came with 2 HD cards? Thanks Jeff
  5. J

Idler & Belt replacement pictorial for Nakamichi RX-303/505

NM, I see now the idle is just forward of the circuit board, aft of the full faceplate. Looks like some close work coming up. Thanks Jeff
  6. J

Idler & Belt replacement pictorial for Nakamichi RX-303/505

Idler retread I saved your pics. I am getting ready to go after my idler, just did the belts. Thanks for doing all that. I still have to do it here on a Kenwood deck I set aside. Since I purchased from one guy before noting another guy selling just the rubber for the idler, and tips, I...
  7. J

Sherwood S-3000 II

A Correction; the Green bodied component Orange White Silver striped between the xfmr and L8 is an inductor, not a cap. Jeff
  8. J

Sherwood S-3000 II

Sherwood 3000S II Dave, The brown hollow cylinders are inductors, not to be touched. The Brown caps are the ones to be replaced, in the audio circuit anyway. I have not touched the brown caps not in the audio output. Modding the Sherwood 3000S MK II for audio output involves 3 caps. If you...
  9. J

Kenwood KX-1030 Belt Replacement

dragging now I rebuilt the power supply in about an hour, changed the one blulged cap. Lots of dragging issues, I did not remove the thrust washer nylon screw. I am now wondering if I disturbed it somehow, or if this is going to be pinch roller issue. I have the Service manual, I will...
  10. J

40 minute job Not bad. I opted to remove both metal screws for more flex, and an easier installation. I found that lacquer thinner takes the melted rubber right off the metal parts and the nylon wheels. Lacquer thinner has no effect on nylon, that I am aware of. Having written that, melt...
  11. J

Now it will be a Saga This deck is chock full of Nippon Chemicon caps. :yuck: Belt replacement looks to be a cinch, capacitor replacement, not such a cinch. 40or 50 caps, C307 looks bulged, and has a red mark on it already. Yep, bulged cap, Nippon Chemicon, what a surpise. :thumbsdn...
  12. J

KX 1030 going in now Alright guys, I have been busy since, well my last post. I have put all of your comments together in a word file as a guide. I picked up a briefcase ful of Country cassettes at an estate sale. I have a cassette in the truck, and the wife likes country. She said she...
  13. J

Excellent thread, at aglance Ithought I wa doing a complete disassembly. Now it will be a couple hour job + counter belts. Thanks Jeff
  14. J

Any Sherwood Collectors Out There?

An S 1000 just popped up on ebay. Item 380098063436. I have no affiliation with the seller,. I just poppped in here on a Google search as he put 200 watts in the heading. I got an S1000 hit here. Based on a metal tab, stamped 200W I suppose, on the back, he must have come to that conclusion...
  15. J

Scary Good: The Mitsubishi DA-P10

One is listed on the Bay right now. Jeff
  16. J

McIntosh - Hints and Kinks

Scottsmrnyc, I had an idea this am as the wife would like to have Christmas music on during a family gathering this evening. I looked up the input voltage on my C32 inputs, and thought to use my multimeter to read what I was putting out at what setting on my PC volume control. Unfortunately I...
  17. J

Scott, I am not at all qualified to advise on which Mac preamp to buy. I would email Mr DeWick about that, or other members. Did lowering the volume output help the noise? Jeff
  18. J

I would wonder about the volume setting on the laptop headphone output, if that is what you are using. I bought a set of those Bose powered laptop speakers. The Bose manual states to be 60% or lower on the headset volume setting. I blew the first set of Bose up forgetting and having it too...
  19. J

MC 2100 hisses in the right channel Ok, it is an MC 2100 that I have been helped with by Terry already as to cap replacement. Thanks Terry, the Nichikon caps worked out great. I am ready to begin looking for the source of a right channel hiss. So to understand, I need to disconnect my...
  20. J

Hey, what are you doing lurking around here on the forums? How's my Marantz 250 doing?? lol I...

Hey, what are you doing lurking around here on the forums? How's my Marantz 250 doing?? lol I am getting the tube bug now. I have been reading the Dynaco ST-70 threads, considering that Bob Latino kit or an ST 120. tube4hifi has nice kits for both a preamp and amp. Or nice looking to someone...
  21. J

Nice Saturday find: Technics SU-V98 for $5.00

I realise this is a 3 year late reply to the original post, but I just picked one of these up for $5. I am going to have to replace the fan as the protection ( I suppose) kicks in and shuts off the sound as the fan doesn't start. It sounds very nice thru my little JBL 4408's for the time it does...
  22. J

A Big Thank You To Terry DeWick (somewhat long)

I have also had the pleasure of being assited by Mr DeWick. He is repairing my Marantz 250, and has been a fountain of information while I work on my MC 2100. I appreciate finding this post just so I could chime in, and add my thanks to Terry in a public forum.:thmbsp: Jeff
  23. J

Boy, do I need help!

For repairs, you might consider contacting this gentleman; http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/dewick_repairs.htm Ihave no affiliation with Mr. DeWick, I just know he is very highly thought of. Yes, you must have a preamp to control this amplifier. I see a 3300 as the matching preamp. You can...
  24. J

Speaker Choice for 2270

My orignal set up over 30 years ago; Marantz 2270, Dual 1229Q, JBL L 65 Jubals. I really loved those Jubals. Jeff
Back
Top Bottom