Search results

1. ArDrakho

Anyone Using Lightroom 6 in 2020 - Updates Available???

I left Adobe...like you I had LR6 and refuse to do the subscription model of any kind. I am using darktable and RawTherapee where I am trying to decide which I like best or use both depending on what I want to do. For a Photoshop replacement, I use GIMP 2.10. I will also be trying out Corel's...
  2. ArDrakho

Vintage film cameras

I recently acquired a new "used" classic camera kit...the fully manual Kodak Retina IIIc (Type 21). For a 67-year old camera, it performs, sounds and looks great. The real test will be when I run some film through it soon. I cleaned the 35mm, 50mm, and 80mm lenses--amazingly, they look great for...
  3. ArDrakho

What camera(s) do you own?

I have the following cameras: Canon FTb (2 ea.), Canon A-1 (2 ea.), Canon T-90, Canon EOS Gii, Canon EOS 1 (2 ea.), and Canon 6D. I found this article interesting since it listed one my cameras as a top pick for 2020. :) [https://digitalcamera-hq.com/cameras/film/35mm/] I still prefer shooting...
  4. ArDrakho

What was your first "good" camera?

My first camera was the Canon T50 with FD 50 mm f/1.8 lens and the Speedlite 244T back in 1983. Once my photography skills improved, I upgraded to the Canon A-1 with 1) FD 50 mm f/1.4 lens, 2) Canon Power Winder A1, 3) Canon Databack A, and 4) Canon Speedlight 199A during 1985. IMO, the Canon...
  5. ArDrakho

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Feeling better with April Wine - The Nature Of The Beast
  6. ArDrakho

Scorpions - Fly To The Rainbow
  7. ArDrakho

Project: Fisher RS-2010

I love my Fisher RS-2010!! It pairs well with my AR3a's and Dual turntables. When I have some downtime, I will upgrade my lamps to LEDs too!
  8. ArDrakho

Dual 1229 in my house eventually.

Awesome!! Enjoy!!
  9. ArDrakho

Just brought home a dual 622 dd and a dual 1228.

I have read and heard good things about the Empire carts--never had the pleasure to hear one. One day I will!
  10. ArDrakho

On my 1019, I run with a Stanton L747S with D74S stylus--for me, that's a great match for the turntable. On my 1009, I have a Pickering TL-2S with DTL-2S stylus and that's another great pairing for the turntable. Once, I finish restoring my 1229Qs, I plan to run them with Audio-Technica AT-155LC...
  11. ArDrakho

I wish I was that lucky!! I have four myself--two are being restored and are at different stages. What is your favorite?
  12. ArDrakho

The P-Mount owners club

Congrats on scoring a Technics SL-MA1!! (One day I hope to have one too!) For me, I would run either an Audio-Technica AT-152LP or Audio-Technica AT-152MLP since you would have many options to use different compatible styli that can still be easily obtained. That's if you prefer the A-T sound...
  13. ArDrakho

Idler Drive Turntables

My active tables are Duals (idler drive)--my direct drive is in storage. Never owned a belt drive...and I do not want one. Quite satisfied with what I am running now.
  14. ArDrakho

Repairing the Dual 1229 Power Switch

I have done that. Others have stated that soldering is possible--my skills are not up to par for that. So, I usually find my parts from https://organdonorparts.com/Dual-1229-Turntables_c212.htm (if they have it).
  15. ArDrakho

Grand Funk Railroad / We're An American Band
  16. ArDrakho

Toto / IV
  17. ArDrakho

Blue Öyster Cult / Some Enchanted Evening
  18. ArDrakho

Bon Jovi
  19. ArDrakho

Going to pick up a dual 1009sk the day after xmas

That's a great find! I love my 1009 that was recovered from an old Fisher console...I run Pickering or Stanton carts and styli on it. It sounds great. I have heard Grado carts sound great on Duals too! Enjoy!!
  20. ArDrakho

On my Dual 1009, I have a Pickering TL-4 cartridge with a DTL-3S stylus (with low usage). And on my Dual 1019, I have a Stanton L747S cartridge with a D74S stylus (that is just breaking in...). These make the 10x9 Duals sound great! You cannot go wrong with an ADC PSX-30 with RPSX-30 or...
  21. ArDrakho

Going with Dual 1009sk is a good choice. I switched to Dual and have not regretted it. Love the Dual performance and its sound. [Not mention they are easy to work on...]
  22. ArDrakho

MicroLine Or Shibata Which Is ‘Better’?

That was true as well for brightness by my Audio-Technica ATN-140ML; once it played for about 50 hours and still playing, it sounds great and seems to be getting broken in since it was NOS. Same for my ATN-152LP and ATN-155LC styli.
  23. ArDrakho

MicroLine Or Shibata Which Is ‘Better’?

My favorite cartridge for the "best" soundscape is the Stanton D74S [Stereohedron .3x2.8 (8x71)]--I do enjoy the Pickering/Stanton family cartridges. On my P-mount rig, I use the Audio-Technica ATN-140ML [MicroLine Nude Square Shank], which I alternate on occasion with the Audio-Technica...
  24. ArDrakho

CD vs. Vinyl and other formats active graphic display of percentages.

As for me, I never buy music from iTunes or other online services--a waste of money for what I actually receive. I prefer to buy new or secondhand CDs, which in turn are ripped and encoded as mp3 files and placed into very my large multimedia library. When I am using my computer and I want to...
  25. ArDrakho

the dual 12XX series...anyone else love them?

For me, it all started with @braunluver offering a free-to-anyone Dual 1009 that was recovered from an old Fisher console...where I reconditioned and rebuilt it. The 1009 plays great now! Afterwards, I realized that I was bit by the "Dual" bug! I have reconditioned and rebuilt the 1009, 1019...
Back
Top Bottom