2. Legrace

Headphone advice

Hard to go wrong with Sennheiser's IME
  3. Legrace

Amazing to me !

Welcome back to the fold.
  4. Legrace

Advice needed: stepping up from a basic turntable

I am Denon fan but in this case I'd give the nod to the Yammy.
  5. Legrace

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

Hmm, my DP80 platter has the 5 bolt spring design. edit: pic
  6. Legrace

Adding musical sub to 2 chan system

SVS for the win. High pass is a great feature to have for seamless sub integration.
  7. Legrace

Ultrasonic Cleaner? "get off the fence"

I have a vacuum rcm for many years, figured it was more then enough. I always thought it was doing a great job, my current US system has taught me otherwise.
  8. Legrace

Corner covers are not original, perhaps covering up some damage. Nevertheless, a lot of lumber for $100!
  9. Legrace

If NPSH (net positive suction head) is too low cavitation will occur within a pump. Over many hours it can lead to pitting or in extreme cases even failure. But as correctly noted, respective time scales are not comparable, nor are other factors such as size of bubble formation. Suffice to say...
  10. Legrace

My DP80 holds perfect speed both settings, the strobe is working perfectly, and there is zero noise that I can detect. If someone else encounters similar odd behavior I share my solution as potential remedy. I simply share my experience.
  11. Legrace

What, why? I have a couple cases of records that got flooded, water marks on some going half way up the jackets. After an US clean and new sleeves just like that Servpro ad, "like it never happened". Jackets not so much, but that's just cosmetic.
  12. Legrace

As per diagram is exactly what I initially attempted. But as soon as the DP80 motor ground approached the integrated amp ground lug a spark would leap across the air gap. I did initially consider maybe a one off static discharge, but it would happen repeatedly, indicating presence of a steady...
  13. Legrace

First time connecting the DP80 ground wire along with the tonearm ground wire to the ground lug of my integrated amp resulted in fireworks. A spark emitting from the end of the DP80 ground wire. Clearly not the correct approach! Leaving it dangling resulted in hum noise. When I investigated...
  14. Legrace

185$ holy crow that's impressive! Reason I say this is I built a DIY rig, the rotisserie drive was a donor from an old barbecue, tanks are drawers from a storage unit, and label protector/spacers I made from old CD's with metal backing rings glued on. All zero spend so far. To finish it off only...
  15. Legrace

What to look for in an affordable Ultrasonic Cleaner for vinyl?

Another thing, my digital library I now find sounds ho hum by comparison, to the point my listening habits have completely shifted. An US cleaned LP played back with a nice lomc, magical.
  16. Legrace

As long as you follow up with a distilled rinse no worries. I use tap water in my tanks followed by a spritz of distilled from a spray bottle.
  17. Legrace

:rflmao:I am suffering from exact same syndrome!
  18. Legrace

Hi Lou, tank #1 I fill with alkaline solution to deal with finger oils, cigarette smoke, etc. Here I use a detergent solution with higher ph. Tank #2 is for dissolved salts, where an acidic solution is preferable. Check the jacket below, it got soaked while stored on the floor in a garage and...
  19. Legrace

Recommendations I've seen on the subject, also giving good results in my setup, are in range 1-2 rpm. Technically an excellent approach, I simlarly employ a twin tank system. Store bought distilled is normally acidic (5.5-5.9 ph) in nature and a secondary acid treatment can further enhance...
  20. Legrace

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

So far any parts I have needed for my vintage R2R I have been able to locate on the big auction site. Really depends on overall condition, parts availability comes and goes.
  21. Legrace

My System has Morphed into a Tube/SS Bi-amp Setup

First change was a key improvement. Nice setup.
  22. Legrace

Acids are better at removing mineral deposits. I use a dual tank US, first tank detergent, second tank acid.
  23. Legrace

Yes I saw the kit included replacement transistors and the one included in the kit is a common replacement. For problem you report this is simply where I would look first for installation fault.
  24. Legrace

I recall a post by member Fiddlefye mentioning he sent his to Peter to restore. If you send him a PM I'm sure he'd be happy to provide guidance as what to expect. The transistors are likely implicated.
  25. Legrace

https://pbnaudio.com/peter-noerbaek/
Back
Top Bottom