Search results

1. vishalk

HH Scott LK-72 Restoration

Well it happened, i have been searching for one of these for years and i finally managed to score one. Being based in the UK SCOTT gear especially the LK-72 seldom comes up for sale. I have no idea about the history of the amp or how it got to the UK, i've taken pictures for all to see. It has...
  2. vishalk

Another Pioneer SA-9100 in need of a complete rebuild

There she is, this amplifier has been sitting in a cupboard for decades. It was given to me by a friend as it's faulty, apparently his father put it away when smoke came from the left side of the amp. I used a DBT to initially switch it on, it came out of protection mode but the DBT was dim...
  3. vishalk

Wharfedale Dovedale 3 rebuild!

Did a complete rebuild of my Dovedale 3's Before, wood work needed some love Lets strip them down Start stripping and Sanding the woodwork Parts laid out Paint the Front baffle and rear of speaker
  4. vishalk

Pioneer Pax 25b speakers

So these were handed down to me by my old teacher, they used to belong to her father who was a keen audiophile. She messaged me saying she has some old speakers "unknown brand" and if I would like them. I was intrigued as she told me her father bought these in Japan and had them imported back...
  5. vishalk

AR-2x rebuild advice.

Hi All So i got a pair of these from a family member who was going to throw them away, so had to say nooooo i will take them! They are in a bit of a state so i have proceeded to rebuild them. First thing was do the surrounds: this was a fairly easy job Crossover is a pain as...
  6. vishalk

Trusonic 120cx speakers (concentric tweeter) advice on speaker cabinet?

Look at these fine beautiful speakers! Now i am having a difficult time finding any information about them especially with regards to a suitable enclosure design. Cant source any recommended designs or speaker parameters, is there anyone on here with experience or more knowledge about these...
  7. vishalk

kef kube 103.3 power supply and board upgrade

Hi All So i received a pair of lovely 103.3 with the kef kube. As you can imagine they need some servicing. Unfortunately the PSU has seen better days and would like to upgrade it, perhaps use a torodial or rcore transformer instead. The output voltage is 19.1vac at 230vac. This drops down to...
  8. vishalk

Armstrong 621 and 625

Like many others on here i have some armstrong audio love to rekindle, i remember as a child my uncle playing his 625 receiver through some kef speakers, at that time it was so lovely to hear and look at, this was my first introduction to hifi. Even today the looks of these amplifiers are...
  9. vishalk

Wharfedale super 5's, decca tweeters, goodmans axiom 301s

Anyone got experience with these wonderful speakers? Picked them up in almost new condition, looking to perhaps use them in a three way design. These were used as midranges right maybe even tweeters or was that the super 3s?
  10. vishalk

Goodmans Axiom 301 - Enclosure design.

So I picked up a pair of these wonderful speakers, always wanted to try a pair but now need ideas on making a suitable enclosure. Whether to use them as full rangers or as part of a 2 way system. Goodmans used to make really high quality speakers back in the day!
  11. vishalk

Krell PMA 5 Recap.

Just picked this up to match my krell ksa 100, any tips on recapping this beauty? Should i just replace every capacitor in the preamp or just the ROE ones?
  12. vishalk

KRELL KSA 100 - Bought but has modifications.

So i managed to buy one of my dream amps which i got a really good price. I bought it without seeing it and when it arrived i noticed that it had been modified. Please see pics. XLR and extra speaker posts wwwwhhhyyyyyy!
  13. vishalk

Goodmans Dimension 8 Speakers

It's not often something catches my eye and makes me think "what are those?" These vintage speakers did just that, and i had to have them to try out. Can you imagine 1971 they put 4 bass drivers, 2 mids, 2 tweeters and a 12inch Passive bass radiator. These need a little TLC but this...
  14. vishalk

Yamaha CA-600 rebuild - Complete rebuild or fix as i go along?

So this little beauty arrived today :banana: first initial tests showed the 1. Power light indicator to be faulty 2. Various control switches and knobs crackle and make noise when used 3. Headphone output pops and cracks, generally noisy, but when it warms up seems to be better. 4. Right...
  15. vishalk

3D Printed Tweeter Horns - Wave Guards.

So i was bored and had a Eureka moment, why dont you 3D print some horns? I mean i love the look of them and always envy when i see them, they just look awesome. I had some super tweeters and decided to mock something up as a test. This took 5 hours to print, amazing what you can...
  16. vishalk

MK2 Tannoy Berkeleys, dissapointed with how they sound. New crossovers?

I was very excited when i picked these up, i have always wanted a pair! They look awesome and belonged to one owner, who 3 years ago had them reconed (lockwood). They are made in 1979 and in mint condition. So i was expecting to hear some beautiful breathtaking sounds coming from...
  17. vishalk

Repainting some vintage Leak TL12 + amplifiers, matching and blending to be like new!

So i wanted to share with you my successful attempt at refurbishing my lovely Leaks, they needed some TLC and i wanted to get them back to looking good again. I bought these in this condition, the paint work was flaking and missing in some places, there were scratches and marks all over the...
  18. vishalk

A pair of Lenco GL75 complete rebuild and mods

So i'm at it again, after building a wonderful AR XA TT i got another itch to build another turntable. These came to me at a silly price so couldn't say no. You can do some amazing work and mods with these TT's and thats exactly what i plan to do! One turntable i am going to keep as original...
  19. vishalk

Leak Stereo 20 rebuild

Yup I got bitten by the valve bug, couldn't help myself bought a leak stereo 20 and had to rebuild it. Before Pics. IMG_20171202_142936 by vishalk posted Jan 12, 2018 at 10:32 PM IMG_20171202_142953 by vishalk posted Jan 12, 2018 at 10:32 PM IMG_20171202_143005 by vishalk posted Jan 12...
  20. vishalk

leak tl12 plus rebuilt.

1515260154363 by vishalk posted Jan 10, 2018 at 11:24 PM Look at these beauties all working and ready! 1515259287781 by vishalk posted Jan 10, 2018 at 11:24 PM As you can see each amp has been built with different components, but still trying to keep things neat and tidy as it should be...
  21. vishalk

Another AR XA turntable rebuild, my first and need advice!

Hi All So i finally managed to source this beauty and buy it, please see the pictures: What do you reckon, looks like its in really good condition, just needs a service and setting up really. I am tempted to pull it all apart and do some modification though. One...
Back
Top Bottom