Search results

1. Bosphrous

Upgrade Recommendations on Home Theatre Headphones?

I would like to buy an upgrade for my Stanton DJ Pro headphones. They are not bad, but I can do better. Mostly what I am using them for is watching movies, and would like a set that has something of a sound-stage. I use an 80W Denon receiver, and would like to go with wired headphones, either...
  2. Bosphrous

Extra Video Jacks on Denon?

I have been using this receiver since 1995, but never did find out what these video jacks (yellow arrows) are for. I might as well ask now. I have my cassette deck plugged into Tape 1, below, and my VCR into Tape 2, right next to it, and my C.D. and D.V.D player plugged into the respective jacks...
  3. Bosphrous

Grounding Issue

I have a Technics M33 cassette deck, and barely audibly, there is a slight hum, when, if I touch the outside of the deck, gets louder. Is this a grounding issue, and how do I resolve it? (The hum is there, in all modes).
  4. Bosphrous

Cleaning Piano Keys on Technics

I have a Technics M33 cassette deck, and the keys are sticking. To tell the truth, I'd rather pay someone who really knows how to clean, lubricate, inspect and maintain a deck, but do you have any tips on getting these function keys to loosen up? It looks like I'm going to have to pull the deck...
  5. Bosphrous

Piano-Keys not Dis-Engaging

I have a Technics M33 cassette deck, and the PLAY, FF and REW keys stay in a down position when the tape side reaches its end. It is not shutting off. Access seems pretty involved from inside the unit. I think this may be a matter of lubrication. What is involved, here, to access the...
  6. Bosphrous

Bohemian Rhapsody

Has anyone seen this movie, yet? It is getting good ratings and reviews at IMDB, and some critics are, well, critical, per usual. I was supposed to see Queen headlining for Mott the Hoople in 1974, but Brian May was ill. I saw them in 1975 on their tour for the album Sheer Heart Attack, and was...
  7. Bosphrous

Under $300.00 Upgrade

I see that this subject has been covered in other posts. Excuse me.
  8. Bosphrous

External Illumination

My back-up cassette deck does not have a backlight or a light above the tape, so i am searching for a gooseneck, mini, corded lamp that I can clip to the outside "lip' of the deck (about 3" away from the well center) and illuminate the tape well and cartridge while it is playing. I would like...
  9. Bosphrous

Movie: Vivaldi The Red Priest

I am searching for a copy of this movie https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1925535/ and if anyone knows where I might be able to find one, I would be thankful.
  10. Bosphrous

CD Player to EQ connection

I am finally asking a question that I have had for years, but never really had a good reason to ask (still don't): Why is my CD player output unaffected by my equalizer? My cassette deck has full access to the functions of the equalizer, but my CD player ignores it. Is it a analog/digital...
  11. Bosphrous

Pilot Lamp for Technics M33?

My pilot lamp blew, and I'm looking for a replacement if anybody has a lead, or the specs on a suitable L.E.D. replacement. The part number I am looking for is: XAMQ34S600W.
  12. Bosphrous

NAD 5325 Drawer Springs

I just bought a NAD 5325 CD Player, and I noticed that the drawer is supposed to have two (approximately 1" long) coil springs (one on each side of the drawer), apparently to open and close it. Only the right spring is there, and I can't seem to find the other one. Is that an issue? The deck...
  13. Bosphrous

Technics M33

I just bought a Technics M33 in nice condition, and it has started to do something: The left side has been cutting out (both A&B channels). What is weird is that if I turn the deck off and turn it back on, it is working fine, at least for a little while. I've had my desk fan pointed at it, so I...
Back
Top Bottom