Search results

1. Condorsat

Death of CDs and Small Music Groups

Don't most people have the ability to rip CD to a file? I would assume most folks own a Laptop or Desktop PC .. but maybe they don't anymore. :dunno:
  2. Condorsat

Toby Keith dies at 62; RIP

Really sorry to hear this .. my Dad really liked the song .. "Should have been a Cowboy" .. he was a lifelong fan of Gunsmoke TV series. RIP Toby
  3. Condorsat

Hobbyist Vs someone who owns a decent stereo?

If memory serves me well :cool: .. Back in the day .. late 70's for me .. don't remember folks thinking of their stereo system as a hobby. At some point .. that all changed IMHO. By the time I got back into Vinyl after a long hiatus (2000) .. I know I started to think of my stereo rig as a hobby.
  4. Condorsat

R.I.P. David Soul

Something that most people don't know is that David Soul injured his spine during the making of the pilot episode of Starky & Hutch. It's the scene where he jumps on the hood of a car. He suffered from that injury for the rest of his life.
  5. Condorsat

Name a movie that affected you deeply

Movies usually run about 90 - 120 minutes ... which is usually not enough time to have "long term" affect on me. TV series or mini-series in another story. They run long enough (time & content wise) to have a lasting affect on me. Kung Fu TV series (1972-1975) had a long term affect on me ...
  6. Condorsat

R.I.P. David Soul

David Soul the actor best known for his role as "Hutch" in Starsky & Hutch TV series 1975 - 1979 and for his lead role in Salem's Lot TV mini-series (1979) based on Stephen King's novel.. has passed at 80 on Jan 4, 2024. I really liked Salem's Lot.
  7. Condorsat

Favorite tv character!

Matt Dillon & Zeb Macahan (James Arness) Tony Baretta (Robert Blake) Kwai Chang Caine (David Carradine) James "Sonny" Crockett (Don Johnson) ... in the early seasons (1-4)
  8. Condorsat

Component with the Biggest Impact on the Sound

IME & IMHO .. it's all about the system. Nothing is more important than anything else .. the biggest impact on sound can be found in the weakest link in the chain .. "at the time" .. usually discovered in hind-site.
  9. Condorsat

Show us your first turntable. Mine is a Dual 1010S

GE Wildcat record player. Still own it .. was part of my Mom's estate .. she never threw it away.
  10. Condorsat

I'm listening.

Detailed listening is solo for me on my audio rigs. I play music alone .. all by myself .. and when I play tunes alone .. I prefer to be by myself. :cool: Wife likes music in her work car and when she's in "her" kitchen .. she let's me use it sometimes. ;) If one of her favorite artists...
  11. Condorsat

Why Do People Lose the Love of Music?

If most people planned a road trip in the same way they plan their lives .. they would have ended up on an episode of "Unsolved Mysteries".
  12. Condorsat

Speed control on a belt drive turntable with no speed adjustment?

If you put your cursor over catman avatar .. was last seen back in Oct 2013. That's the problem w/ old threads.
  13. Condorsat

Have you ever felt the loss of intrest in the constant upgrade path?

For a good many years now .. I upgrade my audio system(s) around the Holidays. Having reached most of my pre-set goals that I established years ago .. it's getting increasingly harder to identify the "what's on tap for next year". So? :idea: .. not loosing interest just yet but I'm seeing the...
  14. Condorsat

RCA Audio Cable Recommendations

Morrow Audio RCA's are custom made to order .. you could opt for MA1's .. 50% off series 1-4 ( sale until January 3rd). Morrow usually has numerous sales throughout the year .. 50% off around the Holidays is usually best sale of the year. I own 7 pairs. Another option is Pine Tree Audio in...
  15. Condorsat

What was the last movie you watched?

Yes .. Max von Sydow portraying the character "Joubert" .. free lance Intelligence Operative
  16. Condorsat

What was the last movie you watched?

Plane (2023) .. last movie I watched in 2023. Really good action movie :trebon:
  17. Condorsat

What CD players do you folks have? (or DVD/BR)

I have three disc spinners in my system(s). Oldest CD player is my Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 .. that used to be in my mains but is now part of my media room headphone rig. Yamaha Adventage BD-A 1060BL Universal Blu Ray which is part of my mains rig. Rotel CD11 Tribute .. added over the Holidays to...
  18. Condorsat

Discovering Steve Miller

"Fly Like an Eagle" 1976 and "Book of Dreams" 1977 is what I remember from my High School days. What amazed me some years latter was discovering that Steve Miller had released 7 albums prior to "The Joker" 1973 which was thought of as an "oldie but goodie" album at the time .. back in 1977.
  19. Condorsat

What does your gear say about your personality?

I'm pragmatic and follow my own path. I've never followed the consensus approach personally in life and my audio system reflects that.
  20. Condorsat

Schiit Modi 2vs 3 vs MB

Schiit BF2OG? I've been out of the loop as far as Bifrost goes for a while .. Is this the original Bifrost 2? .. The Biforst 2/64 is what came after? So I assume that Bifrost 2/64 is the current one? How does that differ from BF2OG sound wise?
  21. Condorsat

Any cool audio related Christmas gifts?

Yamaha A-S701, Pine Tree Audio ISO Twist & Blue Prism Interconnects and Monolith 28 inch Speaker Stands
  22. Condorsat

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Yamaha A-S701 Integrated Amp .. open box -$233 off retail .. replaces my 10 year old Yamaha A-S500 on my mains.
  23. Condorsat

Disappointed with Geshelli J2 4499EX

Geshelli has bare boned versions as well .. Wood case, Sparkos OP Amps, Amanero USB are just "options". For example one can order a JNOG2 (J2) .. no USB .. AK4493 DAC Chip .. Aluminum case .. for $249. This would give you 2 toslink and 2 coax ports front and rear. Amanero USB is + $50 option for...
Back
Top Bottom