Search results

1. Condorsat

R.I.P. David Soul

David Soul the actor best known for his role as "Hutch" in Starsky & Hutch TV series 1975 - 1979 and for his lead role in Salem's Lot TV mini-series (1979) based on Stephen King's novel.. has passed at 80 on Jan 4, 2024. I really liked Salem's Lot.
  2. Condorsat

American Motors Corporation

Anybody ever owned a AMC car in their lifetime? Owned one back in 1981 for a short period of time. It was a Matador that I used as a work car for about 18 months. Paid $650 cash for it from private owner .. somebody rear ended me .. long story short the other guys insurance company gave me...
  3. Condorsat

Easily measure headphone listening volume

Tried this with my SPL meter after watching the video below. Was surprised that I was actually listening to headphones at a louder volume than I thought.
  4. Condorsat

RIP Jerry Weber (Jerry's Records Pittsburgh)

Certainly one of the last of the old school record shop owners. He had a passion for Vinyl and never gave up on the format. It's comforting to know that he lived long enough to see the Vinyl revival. I kept all the price stickers on the numerous legacy Vinyl I bought from that store .. glad I...
  5. Condorsat

Music in Car

How are you playing music in your car today? (most of the time). Been using an iPod Classic since 2012 .. but it finally gave up the ghost (port no longer works/failed diagnostic test). So I've started using a USB 2.0 Flashdrive (32 GB). Thought about getting an iPod touch but decided against...
  6. Condorsat

What's your Wallet

I've always carried a Bifold .. for no other reason than that's what my Dad used as well. What's your preference? Other? .. post in comments.
  7. Condorsat

Grind your own Coffee

Anybody grind your own Coffee? Some years ago I did with an electric blade grinder .. then just recently I decided to get back into it .. this time I choose a manual grinder .. the Paracity manual model that is similar to the Hario. It was less expensive way to see if I'll like grinding coffee...
  8. Condorsat

Propane: Exchange or Refill?

I use 20lb propane tanks for outdoor cooking during the Summer. Usually I exchange the tanks but this time I refilled after watching the video below. Saved about 10 dollars and ended up with 25% more propane. What say you?
  9. Condorsat

New Car Inventory below 30 days on lots

New car inventory on Dealer lots continues to decline to below 30 days. Used cars continue to increase in price.
  10. Condorsat

Streamer Question

Background: I've got Wi-Fi in addition to in-house ethernet cable in my home. For many years I've been using a Laptop (connected to ethernet) > usb cable > DAC > 2.1 ch stereo for streaming Tidal. In the future .. if I buy a streamer (something like Bluesound Node 2i for example) ... can I hook...
  11. Condorsat

Specific Headphones for different tasks

I own numerous headphones. Some cans do some types of functions better than others. For example .. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro for YouTube and other live concert recordings. For some reason .. that can is the best option for that task on my PC Headphone rig. Sennheiser HD 598 for Vinyl on my...
  12. Condorsat

Still buy hard movies on hard media?

I'm still occasionally buying used/some new movies on DVD. Rarely buy Blu Ray .. I do have a player. DVD is usually less expensive .. especially used. A local media store chain has a good selection of movies (used) ... the best deals are on DVD's which people trade in. If the Blu Ray copy is...
  13. Condorsat

Most memorable Bar or Pub

For me ... it was The Bird in Hand .. just outside RAF Mildehall UK. My first exposure (young 20's in the 80's) to what became known as "craft beers" in the US. Led to a life long love of Lager, Bitter (dark beer), Guinness and Ale. What was your most memorable bar or pub in your life?
  14. Condorsat

Ever turned 100,000 miles over on a Car

Have you ever turned the odometer over 100,000 miles on car? I never have. Came close once. Owned a Suzuki Esteem (Better Call Saul car) and traded in at 98,000. The car was purchased new back in 1998. It wasn't the approaching 100,000 miles that made my decision to sell. It was just time to...
  15. Condorsat

YouTube Recipes

Been trying some YouTube inspired recipes lately. Anybody else have recipes you've tried? Yesterday for Sunday's meal .. :thumbsup: .. most excellent. The only deviation we made from the recipe was to use Amish French Onion Soup vice Beef broth. We're adding this recipe to our menu book and...
  16. Condorsat

Did you replace your original record collection with CD's

CD's came out in the early to mid 80's. Originally, I planed to replace my record collection. The prices per CD at the time made me rethink my original inclination. Some years earlier, I had started replacing my High School 8 Track collection with LP's and then I was suppose to start over...
  17. Condorsat

Michael Fremer 2019 RMAF interview

Really nice set of interviews with Fremer . They capture his perspective (high end audiophile) on Vinyl, and to lesser extent on CD's, SACD's and Streaming. She (Audio Belle) did a really nice job of these IMHO. Very entertaining & informative. Part 1 Part 2
  18. Condorsat

Amazon shipping

Lately I've been noticing Amazon vans around my neighborhood (we live in small town) .. I'm assuming Prime customers? :dunno: Anyway, about a week ago I ordered two items .. free shipping per total (I'm not a Prime member). Today I looked at Tracking (on Amazon) and :wtf: .. graphic map .. red...
  19. Condorsat

The Real Format War

The forgotten 1949 Format War
  20. Condorsat

Roxette's Marie Fredriksson has passed

Have been a fan of the work of Roxette .. Marie Fredriksson & Per Gessle (songwriter) since the 90's. She had beautiful singing voice .. like a Swedish Angel. Gone far too soon at 61. Every artist work often brings back memories of a certain time your life. I use to listen to Roxette CD's on...
  21. Condorsat

This Streaming thing is getting real

Last night I noticed that Peter Gabriel albums are on Tidal. :yikes: Never thought I'd see the day that would happen.
  22. Condorsat

Paramotoring videos

Inadvertently came upon some Paramotoring video's on YouTube. Essentially a sport where folks fly motorized parachutes. Cool videos .. no way I could ever have done something like this .. even in my younger (more daring) days. Use to work with some young ladies in my youth who use to sky dive...
  23. Condorsat

Oldest Restaurant in your Town

What is the oldest Restaurant at or near your Town? Mine is Boyd & Wurthmann's in Berlin Ohio .. just had breakfast there this morning. Small place .. I usually have to eat at the old lunch counter to find an open seat. The restaurant began as a grocery market in 1938. In the 40's, they put a...
  24. Condorsat

Use to be 5 for $1

Vinyl hunting yesterday at some local music stores. Scored a couple of 70 & 80's Classic Rock Vg++ titles for $5 per lP (type of record use to be priced $1 or $2) .. which is the market rate in my neck of the woods these days. One of the records I looked at had an old price sticker (assuming...
Back
Top Bottom