Search results

1. I

Help please,Refinish my JBL

hello I have JBL L36 speakers that look like they just came out the box but I notice the wood veneer is dry and when I rub my hand across it I can feel like these fine cracks or something. They really need refinishing, but I know nothing about this and could use a bit of help please. there are...
  2. I

JBL tweeter question

Thanks so much for the reply, I found a vender. I was starting to think people grinded down the metal rings lol.
  3. I

JBL tweeter question

hello I have a set of JBL L36 speakers and I was looking into replacing the foam that goes around the tweeter. I looked online and so far all the photos of the new foam installed is a different tweeter then my L36s. My L36s tweeter has a steel ring that the foam inserts into and I was...
  4. I

jbl-l36 decade

I know this is an old post, but I have a question regarding the same topic. What do you guys think of the marantz 2238? Would it be enough for JBL L36s? I’m thinking it should be fine because I’m betting marantz was modest with the 38watts rating and I’m betting it’s really around 40watts. I...
  5. I

Marance shock?

Thanks for the replies, I have started touching the kitchen tap to get rid of the static and seems to help. I was worried I was damaging the stereo or speakers because I would hear the static pop sound through the speakers as well. Thanks again and thanks for the link.
  6. I

Marance shock?

hello I just bought a marantz 2238 and I seem to get a static shock a lot of times when I first touch it, I could be turning it off or adjusting the volume it doesn’t matter. After the first static shock it doesn’t do it anymorethough, Should I be worried? Could this cause damage? I’m thinking...
  7. I

Help with JBL 125A woofer/ l26,L36s please.

Hello and thanks for the reply’s. I did infact have them reconed, one of the woofers had a really bad spider with a way off resting spot and it would make this rattle like sound when the bass would hit. I figured since I had to do one I may as well do both. what is the point of connect them to a...
  8. I

Help with JBL 125A woofer/ l26,L36s please.

hello I bought a pair of JBL L36s speakers that where in next to new condition except for foam rot and I decided to have them reckoned at a local audio speaker repair shop. The woofer looks good and seems to sound ok but to me there’s a bit lacking in the bass, I expected more from JBL, but that...
  9. I

JBL L36 crossover

I’m going to hold on redoing the caps on the jbls for the time, thanks. i think the spiders were damaged because the foam was removed when it started to rot and the owner let them Sit for over 15 years with no foams or could he have been really rough cleaning the foam from the speakers...anyway...
  10. I

JBL L36 crossover

I did find the 3uF thanks. Im thinking of recapping the crossover because when I adjust the tone or treble on my receiver it makes scratching sounds on the JBLs and effects the sound depending on the setting i have it on. I notice the tweeter and mid will make a scratch like sound when the bass...
  11. I

JBL L36 crossover

hello i would like to change the caps on my l36 crossovers but I have no experience on any of this and could really use some help. I know I need 3uF, 6uF, and 16.5uF and I was thinking of going with with Dayton’s since it’s not as expensive as Sonicap(is Dayton a good choice?). Anyway I can’t...
  12. I

Help cleaning JBL

No not the fabric, the flat black paint where the speakers are. There are some ares that look more shiny then others, I want the black to be all one nice shade without and imperfections.
  13. I

Help cleaning JBL

hello I have a set of JBL L36 speaker and I can’t seem to get that front black panel clean, in fact I made things worse lol. There is streaks and some spot more shiny, it’s driving me nuts. What do you guys suggest I use? Is there a trick to cleaning these things. Please any help would be...
  14. I

JBL L50 on 22Watt?

Hello I’m thinking of buying a pair of JBL L50 speakers but I’m worried my Marantz 2220B won’t be enough. Does anyone know if my Marantz would go ok with these jbl l50speakers? Thanks so much d
  15. I

prevent magnet shift?

Hello I have a set of Yamaha ns690 speakers and I was wondering if there is a way I can prevent the magnet from shifting? Maybe put epoxy around the edges of the magnet or something? One of the woofers already has this problem and I want to make sure the other one does not do the same thing...
  16. I

Possible to double my watts?

Thanks for the replys, I understand now. As for getting more efficient speakers, do efficient speakers mean they go louder with less volume? My speakers are 90db, what number is considered efficient speakers? I do have a set of Yamaha NS 690 speaker that are 96db, are they efficient enough...
  17. I

Help with restoring crossover pleaser saA

Thanks I thought mabe It was a possibility since they have been refoamed and you can tell whoever had these speakers before took great care of them. Thanks again for helping me.
  18. I

Speaker refoam done right?

Thanks for the replies, since it doesn't effect the performance of the speaker I think I'm just going to let it be. I'm very happy with these speakers and the last thing I want is to mess them up.
  19. I

Speaker refoam done right?

Hello I bought vintage speakers that had both subs refoamd but I notice on one of them it looks like who ever did the repair used to much glue because there is a good amount of excess glue on it. Other then looks does this effect the speaker performance? And is there a way I can remove the...
  20. I

Thank you for replying and willing to help me out, are these pics ok?
  21. I

hello I would like to replace the capacitors in my vintage sansui SP-L100 speakers, Im assuming these old capacitors can't be working to good after all this time. I have never replaced a capacitor before plus I can't seem to find a replacement kit on eBay since these speakers seem to be really...
  22. I

Help with my new marantz

Thanks I'm going to look into that.
  23. I

Help with my new marantz

I have been doing some reading and I think I know what the problems is, people love marantz for that warm sound. I didn't really know what that meant to be honest but now after reading into it I understand. Warm sound means the highs are not as high/bright and has more emphasis on the lows and...
  24. I

Help with my new marantz

first I just want to so thanks for all the worm welcomes and help you guys have been giving me, your great, this site is such a big help to me, im learning so much. Anyway on to my question, I just got a Marantz 2220B, northing has been replaced on it except the bulbs a I did a full cleaning...
  25. I

Help on upgrading, is there a difference in watt/quality

Thanks for all the replys! so I decided not to buy the str7045. Honestly my sony str7015 sound great to me and goes plenty loud in my little condo. I just kept thinking that it's the bottom of the line receiver and the higher end model with more watts must sound way better. But from what you...
Back
Top Bottom