Search results

1. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Hi Friends, hope you are well! Long time no posting, long time no interest in AK and my audio stuff as our Dobey friend Basil suddenly became ill in february 2018 and passed away within 3 three days after diagnosed with kidney cancer only 6 y/o. But now, re-homed a 3 y/o Dobermann guy and also...
  2. Tally Ho

Albums where EVERY song is good

Tears for Fears (Orzabal) - Raoul and the Kings of Spain .... w/o a doubt!
  3. Tally Ho

Recap Your Speakers Like a Boss, Part 1

Super thread WWJones! Thanks a lot for sharing. Will start a recap soon, still I've got a "first timer" question.. Q: what about the red thingies (resistors??) which also look a bit old, do I need to replace them as well? Filter comes from one of my Wharfedale E-30 cabinets. Thank you all in...
  4. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Test one two :)
  5. Tally Ho

What are you drinking now?

Malbec from the Zuccardi Brazos House (Classy red wine from Argentina)
  6. Tally Ho

Walter Becker has died

Donald hits Big Time on the net (positive and negative) by announcing this week some new Tour dates.
  7. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Haha recognise that 45 degree sign! And yes they DO understand when talking to them. I am always cautious to enter a car which got any dog in it... but will approach any Dobie out on the street :)
  8. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Meet our current "Guardian" Dobie named Basil (7 y/o Shelter dog, owned for one year now, former name was Diesel which stinks in our opinion so renamed him Basil)
  9. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Spot on! Current Dobie Basil is Dobie #8 we own... 5 out of 8 Shelter/Resque dogs we had.... so much joy:hug: Damn those days you'll have to part with your best friend.
  10. Tally Ho

Walter Becker has died

Been a long time fan since Ricki! Seen them in 2000 in Rotterdam, some years later in Amsterdam and this year it is 10 years ago we went to Brussels Belgium to see them.... that now appears to be their last European Tour I guess. Just last weekend I watched a May 2017 concert on YT of the Dan...
  11. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Hellooow, sorry didn't had time to look at the Pio... but I did had time to collect this little gem! For sure it is a common Brand in the US, a tiny Realistic SA-102 mini receiver in a woodcase, gonna be used as a desktop headphone amp. The guy who sold it also owns a related equalizer but I'm...
  12. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Re-reading and overthinking previous posts, Tape monitors are overruling, innit?
  13. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Update for the above unit: Finally got it connected today for the first time. When I collected this last week the owner presented a demo with only the FM Tuner on, no other aux. He kept the Pioneer in his garage so there were only a pair of small computer speakers connected to it. Anyway I...
  14. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Okay.. struggling a bit with the pics but we'll get there...
  15. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Me so old and still learning some lessons in life ;) Installed a pair of Magnat wall mounted speakers few weeks ago. Wires from previous speakers were too short so I extended them with a proper layer of solder. Also I solderd a kind of loop to fit the speaker terminals.... Last few days I...
  16. Tally Ho

How to add pictures to post not using URL?

One two... test... one two.
  17. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Also Scotch :beerchug:
  18. Tally Ho

Hi from the Netherlands

Hi All, I am Peter (nick Tally Ho) living with wife and Doberman dogs near Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Sort of common for a Rotterdam resident.. I do work in the shipping industry (ships spares). Sixty y/o by the time of writing, so with a four kids family my parents just could afford the...
Back
Top Bottom