Search results

1. T

A possible favor from a Swedish member

Thanks, I'll correct that!
  2. T

Is retipping an ADC ZLM possible or a bad, crazy idea?

Check out Groovetickler on Ebay. He is actually Joseph Long in Connecticut. He does great work at reasonable prices. He can just replace the diamond on the existing cantilever.
  3. T

A possible favor from a Swedish member

Hi, there is an audio company in Sweden called Snyggt Ljud that has nos AT130e styli in stock for about $133 US. I'd like to get one, but they don't presently ship to the states. Would anyone over there be willing to purchase one and ship it to me, or know of another option to get it? Thanks in...
  4. T

PSA: ADC XLM MK II Improved NOS stylus on the bay

Well, I compared the ones I just got with ones I bought several years ago from a Chinese seller and with one that came with my slq2, and they are exactly the same, including the embossed Technics on the front. I haven't weighed them, but I can't imagine there's that much of a difference. I'm...
  5. T

PSA: ADC XLM MK II Improved NOS stylus on the bay

I just received two of these. They look pretty good to me. Really good packing and in a box with Technics printed on it. I'll compare to my other Technics headshells.
  6. T

Yep, more ADC cartridge identification.

Dacapo Audio in Holland has many n.o.s. ADC styli at reasonable prices. I've bought four from them for my xlmII. Also, there was a seller on Ebay selling xlmII styli for around $49. I bought one, and it's great.
  7. T

Marantz cdr 633

I have the above cd recorder which I recently bought used. It seems to work well except for one problem. Like most cd recorders, such as my Tascam, it has an auto track feature, which begins a new track when recording from an analog source, if the volume level drops below a specified db level...
  8. T

Anyone Seen this June 2022 Article About Joseph Long (Needlestein)?

I've been using his services for several years. He's retpped and repaired numerous styli for me. I think his prices are reasonable, and he always does a great job! Kudos to Joseph.
  9. T

SAE 1000lt into HK PM655 mc input

Thanks, lini, that's exactly what I experienced. I have a NAD 1020 preamp which I use as a phono pre, and both the mm and mc inputs are rated at 47,000 ohms. Isn't that awfully high for a low output mc cart?
  10. T

SAE 1000lt into HK PM655 mc input

I tried the above high output mc cart into the mc input of the amp to see if there was a change in sound. The only difference was that it was much louder. Seeing that the mc input is rated at 56 ohms, vs. the standard 47kOhms for the mm input, shouldn't the sound have been muffled with an...
  11. T

V15V-MR Replacement Stylus

Nope. But as I said, there are proven treatments for hardened suspensions and Joseph Long, a retipper in Connecticut, has had success in replacing suspensions. There are options available to keep an original stylus in use. Shure used the be cantilever so that the resonance would be above 20 khz...
  12. T

V15V-MR Replacement Stylus

I know of at least one retipper who can replace the rubber suspension in a stylus, if necessary. But I have 4 Shure v15xmr styli from the 90's and the suspensions are fine. There are also methods to rejuvenate hardened suspensions.
  13. T

Grado Green ,Help please!

I think what you are describing is the so called "Grado dance". The usual recommendation is to reduce tonearm/headshell mass, not increase it.
  14. T

Anti skate apparently not connected

Yes, it seems to be playing fine.
  15. T

Well, I zero balanced the tonearm and it drifted rapidly to the outside, toward the tonearm rest. Nothing I did to the a.s. dial made a difference.
  16. T

No, that's why I was asking if anyone knows what's involved in getting to the a.s. mechanism to check it out. It probably has either a disconnected spring or one without proper tension. I was wondering if anyone had replaced the spring on another table, like the ATlp120, and what is involved.
  17. T

I know that the early Audio Technica lp120's had a problem with non functioning a.s. and the Numark is essentially the same Hanpin made table.
  18. T

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. I'll try zero balancing the arm as suggested to see if there is any outward deflection with a.s. set to max, but I doubt it, since even at max setting of 7 grams the arm just goes straight across (toward the center) on the ungrooved track on the test record.
  19. T

AT120 LP-USB Anti Skate "Work Around"

I would like to second the request for more info on this alternate anti skate setup. I know this is an old thread!
  20. T

At the risk of being castigated for using a "cheap Technics knockoff turntable", I need some advice those with experience. I recently came to realize that the anti-skate on my Numark tt100 does nothing at all to affect the movement of the arm across the record, even at it's max setting of 7...
  21. T

SAE 1000LT/E blowout sale on the bay

I received my lt several days ago. I've listened to 3 or 4 albums so far, and I have to say, it's the best sounding cart I've evet had. I have many mm and mi carts (881s, 681eee, ADC xlmII, v15v, several v15rs carts, and more). This is my first mc, and I don't think I could have started with a...
  22. T

ADC stylus elastomer

That's what I thought. So if you want to treat the elastomer to make it more pliable, that's where you would apply the liquid?
  23. T

ADC stylus elastomer

On ADC vlm and xlm carts, is the elastomer only in the stylus itself or is there also some in the cartridge body where the cantilever inserts?
  24. T

What movies have great music backgrounds/soundtracks?

I agree with 90% of your choices. Film music today can rarely equal that which was composed during the "golden" age. And the last of the great film music composers, John Williams, is about to retire from film composing.
  25. T

Adc xlm cartridge current availability and confusion

DaCapo Audio in Denmark has original ADC styli for some vlm and xlm carts, and others. I have bought three and the suspensions are fine, even considering their age.
Back
Top Bottom