Search results

1. 0

Mystery Speaker (help?) KLH Model...Something Maybe?

I found these speakers at my local thrift store; there are NO badges, tags, or other indications of where they came from. However, on the back they had a weird single KLH-style jack (not two speaker inputs). They are made of very heavy wood and have an unusual? hatch pattern fabric pattern on...
  2. 0

Weird-looking big flat panel speakers? (Magnepan MMG)

I saw these weird tall flat kinda ugly whiteish "panel" speakers at a local thrift, they are something termed: MAGNEPAN MMG Loudspeakers. The plugins were for Amplifier and something termed Tweeter/Attenuator. I found them in an image search, pretty sure they are them: Anything to be...
  3. 0

Hooking up Speakers in Series to Lower Signal to 2nd Speaker Pair

Is it possible to hook up 2 sets of speakers in series, and will this lower the power to the 2nd set of speakers in the chain? This is what I want; I have 2 pairs of speakers hooked up to one amp and only one master volume control. The speaker sets are out of whack RE: volume, one is too loud...
  4. 0

Extremely light pressure fixes Extremely annoying problem... (help?)

Hi, I'm new to re-foaming/fixing speakers, and recently started off with an Ohm C2 I found locally for cheap. The woofer speaker foam was totally rotten but otherwise they were great. So I did it and one of them would up with a buzz. It's a mechanical buzz on the woofer; if I'm playing music...
  5. 0

Help me not ruin a pair of Ohm C2's

Hi I got a pair of Ohm C2's from a local thrift store for $20, the foam was all rotten and they looked a mess, but honestly the wood and everything was in great shape. I'm a total newbie but liked how they looked and they have a good reputation so why not? Dumb question: do the Ohm serial...
  6. 0

Loudness control on Cr-2040

Hi my CR-2040 got whacked in the past and the loudness knob is impossible to remove. It still works it just rotates a little off kilter. But my question is actually about what it does. What does it do? I have read the manual but it's not which direction does what. Why is the marking Flat...
  7. 0

Adjusting Offset/Bias and other basic? things on Cr 2040 (help?)

Hi all, The good people in the general board suggested I open one up here, in the dedicated Yamaha forum. This was my initial post, suggesting I test the offset and how to do it: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/help-an-idiot-not-destroy-a-yamaha-cr-2040.796319/#post-11023662 I...
  8. 0

Help an Idiot not Destroy a Yamaha CR 2040

Hi, I live in the middle of nowhere, with few options for fun, so when a post popped up on CL regarding a "barn find" Yamaha CR 2040 I was like, might as well look, the pictures are blurry but that's a beast to be respected. I ended up grabbing it for $75 because it was very dusty, very grimy...
  9. 0

Daedalus Speakers (SR-823 Reference Monitor Speaker System)

This is a quandary of sorts. These speakers seem to be extremely rare, were extremely expensive when new, and are likely extremely unavailable under normal situations: http://www.daedalusmusic.com/sr823.html My neighbor is willing to sell 'em (he got them directly from Lou Hinkley during a...
  10. 0

Lazy Cheapskate Minmally Upgrades

I'm working around 2-3 full time jobs right now so I have, for once, money but no time and I realized, while working at my computer, that since time is precious I should not squander it surrounded by garbage. I had grown tired of the lovely circa 1995 cheap bottom-of-the-barrel combo stereo/cd...
Back
Top Bottom