Search results

1. xbart

Anyone doing 4 channel playback these days? Found this cart today.

I was wondering if anyone is doing 4 channel playback these days? I found this JVC 4MD-10x today at a garage sale.
  2. xbart

Cart haul

Got a bunch of carts yesterday. A few nicer ones like the Empire, Grado Labs and some budget carts. There is a blister pack of 3 Pickering carts, I know the V-15 and seen a few variations. But not these, they are labeled V-15 HS / AT2, anyone have any info on them? The Shure and Pickering look...
  3. xbart

Interesting early Teac

I picked up this Teac TD 132 transport last weekend at a Estate sale ( it was the last day and it was given to me ). Looks unused on the insides and maybe still in the original crate from Japan? Almost no info on it that I can find and don't even know what amps would have gone with it...
  4. xbart

Does anyone recognize this transformer?

No markings on it at all, was brand new packed in original sealed plastic. I'm guessing it is a output transformer, small at about 3"x3"x2" This was from an estate sale with quite a few tube goodies. Looks Asian maybe Tamura? I know it is not a lot to go by, any ideas? -Brad
  5. xbart

Help with weak bias current

I have a solid state amp that I got from the recycler awhile ago and now going through it. I'm stuck trying to set the bias. I can only get 50 mA and instructions call for 200 mA. It is exactly the same on both channels and I'm looking for suggestions on where to look. This amp has 3 pairs of...
  6. xbart

New Old REK

This Rek O Kut came home with me along with a Dynaco ST70 from my local recycler. The amp was a bargain and the table free. The power cord was missing and with the help of the internet I figured how it was wired. I cleaned up the ball bearing and put some oil in the spindle housing. The platter...
  7. xbart

Found this Akai GX-F60R at the recyclers

I haven't had a chance to check it out, but has what looks to be a beautiful wood case. Anyone have any experience with these?
  8. xbart

A couple nice finds this week.

Hickok 800A at a garage sale today McIntosh C39 at the recycle facility earlier this week. Broken glass, but works great.
  9. xbart

C39 at the recyclers

I work right across from a recycling facility and I open the truck access gate every morning. I often find quite desirable gear there and get it for a song. They said they got 4 of these in at one time ( who would do that?). Was told they sold the other 3 for $1400 each. Looks like the worst...
  10. xbart

Shure estate sale find!

Looks new!
  11. xbart

Troubleshooting a B&K amp.

This B&K ST 202 amplifier came with a blown fuse on one the output board of the right channel. The amp uses 3 pairs of SK 1058 / SJ 162 mosfet transistors on each side. When I check for the current draw across the V- fuse, there is none and the V+ fuse is the one that was blown. The voltage...
  12. xbart

I found a nice Empire today.

Garage sale find this morning. It is missing the Dyna-lift mechanism ( I'm not sure how hard that will be to come by) It needs a new belt and lamp, but looks to be in nice shape otherwise. I did spend 30 minutes cleaning it up. I believe it is a Empire 398G and 980 arm.
  13. xbart

B&K Components -Help with a model ID and bias adjustment

I picked up a B&K power amp at my local recycle center and it is clearly marked ST-202 on the face plate and a label on the rear of the amp. In trying to figure out how to set the bias I realized that my amp looks nothing like the ST 202 amps I come across looking online. The insides of the amp...
  14. xbart

I salvaged these three from the the recycler today.

Anyone have any experience with the BK ST-202
  15. xbart

Is it worth putting money into this Revox?

I have almost no experience with tape and I’m looking for opinions on if my Revox A77 MK III is a good candidate for refurbishing. I picked it up several years ago and now need to decide if I keep it or not. It has as a few cosmetics issues, the heads show some wear (I’m not sure if it is...
  16. xbart

I rescued a nice cartdrige from the landfill today.

audio technica at14sa I knew it was a nice one the second I saw it, as I all ready own several.
  17. xbart

Brought home a Scott LK 72 today!

Here are a few pictures as I found it, except for one of the 6U8 tubes that tested very weak and I swapped out. The exterior looks like it will clean up very nice and who ever built this kit did what looks to be a very nice job.
  18. xbart

What Led Zeppelin II pressing do I have?

Looks like I have a very nice Robert Ludwig mastered copy. What do I need to look for, to help narrow it down further. I don't often spend much time trying to figure out what specific pressing of an album I have and decided to look at them a bit closer.
  19. xbart

#44 light bulbs

I need two #44 light bulbs for a B & K 500 tube tester. I’m guessing they are there for voltage regulation and what I’m finding online are Eiko #44 light bulbs and wondering if they will work, they have the same voltage and amperage but they are labeled as certified green and not sure what that...
  20. xbart

Big Tube Amp (do they get any bigger?)

This showed up in my local Craigslist, no price given. https://medford.craigslist.org/ele/d/talent-vtl-tube-amps/6949693491.html Ichiban Amps by VTL
  21. xbart

Electro Voice 15WK value?

Any thoughts on the value of a single 4 ohm 15WK woofer used in the Klipschorn and E-V folded-horn speakers? -Brad
  22. xbart

Power Transistor Insulators -What do I need to look for?

I haven't done much work on solid state gear and so I lack experience here. I ordered some new MJ15024 & MJ15025 transistors for my Technics SE 9060 and wasn't aware I would need new insulators. The datasheets list the transistor package as TO−204 (T0-3) Am I looking for mica insulators...
  23. xbart

Technics SE 9060 repair.

I have a pair of these dual mono DC design amps and one came to me with one channel not working. I opened it up to find a blown fuse on that non working channel. No obvious damage inside and after a bit of troubleshooting I found that one of the output transistors on the non working channel is...
  24. xbart

Fill in the missing album titles

I've figured out most of the albums pictured in an upcoming yard sale and looking for some help filling in the missing titles. Here are the ones I think I have identified. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits Mark Knopfler - Down The Road Wherever Little Richard - Here's Little...
  25. xbart

Buying from Thocom was perfect!

Great communication & packing, fast shipping and a super nice tone arm! I'm more than happy with my dealings with Tom!
Back
Top Bottom