Search results

1. E

Pioneer PL-400 Oscilloscope calibration issue.

So, If anyone should have the same problem in the future and stumble upon this thread, the problem was capacitor C4. The datasheet marks it as a 0.1uf capacitor, but in my PL-400 it's a 0.15uf capacitor (of the mylar/polyester type) I've replaced this with a new polyester capacitor and the...
  2. E

Pioneer PL-400 Oscilloscope calibration issue.

I've got a Pioneer PL-400 that seems to be having some speed wobble issues. I got this turntable several years ago and it was not working at all. One of the large caps for the motor driver had failed (C10, C11, C12, one of those) as well as the trimpot for 33rpm had broken (VR1). The trimpot...
  3. E

Acquired a Pioneer PL-400 turntable - Some questions

Thanks very much. I do have a old analog dual trace scope packed away. I'll dig it out and see if I can dial the speed in some more.
  4. E

Good to know about the brake. Does your PL-200 have a minor strobe wobble or is it dead on?
  5. E

Hi, I recently bought a PL-400 cheaply with the speed running slow. I fixed the speed by replacing the trimpots on the motor control circuit board. It seems to be working fine now. I had some questions about the behavior though. When the turntable stops, is the platter supposed to freespin...
Back
Top Bottom