Search results

1. miket1117

TD-124 found; what have i got here?

yes. as a 55+ year-old unit myself, i totally know the feeling.
  2. miket1117

hi all... thanks again for the help! very much appreciated! the platter spins freely when turned off... but i'm leaving well enough alone and not about to do any maint. on it... i'd find a way to mess it up... have the pics, but i have to get them down in size... limited to 1 mb, so need to do...
  3. miket1117

thanks all for the replies so far, and insight on the refurbish. again, not buying the thorens. just trying to understand what we have. i did take pictures, but they're on my phone and will upload later... but i DID plug it in, and the platter did not turn. i figured out the "brake" switch on...
  4. miket1117

probably why the owner of that store got so excited... we dont want to gouge folks or overprice something... but we dont want to give it away either... just want what's fair... i'm sure it would please the owner greatly to know that we figured out what he had and sold it at a fair price to...
  5. miket1117

thanks! not much else equipment-wise, but he has a vintage marantz 2215b and some awesome loudspeakers i need to research... of course i'm going to look around a bit more closely now...
  6. miket1117

it has all those... dont think it has a cueing lever... i'd love to keep it, but it will stay with the estate... i just want to be sure we accurately describe what it is, if it works, and establish a fair value. we're not going to be one of those who puts it on ebay and asks for $5k or...
  7. miket1117

hi all.... new to this forum and joined because just yesterday evening i discovered a Thorens TD-124, there might actually be a second one (path to it is blocked). my wife agreed to organize an estate sale for this gentleman, and she told me he had several thousand record albums and "a bunch of...
Back
Top Bottom