Search results

1. ddude003

MC152 and a few other questions

Your MC452 has "McIntosh Sentry Monitor and Thermal Protection power output stage protection circuits ensure the MC452 will have a long and trouble free operating life. Built-in Thermal Protection Circuits guard against overheating." Has it ever gone into protection mode when running, as you...
  2. ddude003

MC252 and preamps

Your Shindo Monbrison and MC252 will sound delicious... Just do it and your done...
  3. ddude003

MC252 and preamps

Voodoo, Synergy or Basic Electronics...
  4. ddude003

My owners manual shows... Input Impedance 22,000 ohms Balanced and 22,000 ohms Unbalanced... I do not think this is a typo... Block diagram shows common between Balanced and Unbalanced where the switch does not show switching one leg off and the other on... The amp is designed as fully...
  5. ddude003

MC252 and preamps

Yes, rule of thumb is Input impedance of the amp should be roughly 10X higher than the output impedance of the preamp... My concern is that the posted specs may not be accurate or match this example of this particular preamp... Things may have changed since his preamp was built and Shindo Labs...
  6. ddude003

MC252 and preamps

Do you have the spec sheet for the Shindo Monbrison??? What is the output impedance??? The spec on the Shindo Labs website sez: "Output(RCA Pin Jack ) Impedance:5V/1KΩ X 2."
  7. ddude003

Sibilance Issue

Not knowing much about your listening room acoustics, treatments and/or eq, could it be the unused set of speakers effecting the acoustics??? If you are playing both sets of speakers at the same time then there could be some other issues to look at with something like Room EQ aka REW...
  8. ddude003

MC252 and preamps

Seems the Shindo Monbrison may be the better of the two being a dual mono design... Remember to check the matching preamp out to amp in impedance... This Shindo tubed pre and McIntosh ss power amp sounds like a delicious combination...
  9. ddude003

Bi-amping a set of Martin Logans with McIntosh Tube Amps

I think you are looking for a DSP that will do crossover, filtering and EQ... Have a look at the MINIDSP devices at https://www.minidsp.com/applications/digital-crossovers/digital-crossover-basics for some ideas... You can try a few Horizontal Passive Bi-Amplification combinations with without...
  10. ddude003

@mg16listener - No confusion on my part... Only sharing my personal experience with my MC152 in my environment with you... Hurling 150 Watts of power thru 60 pounds of copper (read autoformers) into your blue charged listening space will be epic... 8^)
  11. ddude003

@twiiii, et al... I spoke to both McIntosh and Martin Logan about what MC152 speaker connection would be best to use 2, 4 or 8 ohm... Funny thing... They both said the same thing... Try them all and see which one you like the best... The McIntosh guy did say to check if there was any...
  12. ddude003

I have had a MC152 for about two years... It is a very nice piece... I turn it on in the morning and off at night or when I leave the house... It only takes a few minutes to warm up and sound its best... I trigger mine on and off from a pre/pro... As techguy said, try the 4 and 8 ohm...
  13. ddude003

MC152 Burn Time

I've one of these MC152s for a while now (2+ years)... It is a very nice amp... It did not need much run in time... Now it warms up and sounds just right after about 10 mins of on time... I have a PrimaLuna Dialogue Pre the MC152 with a pair of MartinLogan ESLs... The sound is holographic...
  14. ddude003

Bass! How low can you go!

Hi Spicy... If your speakers are 122" apart your sweet spot would be 122" or a bit less from each speaker... Think triangle... Your left "wall" is really a window that is at your first reflection point while the right wall is so far away it will not have a first reflection point... Hope you...
  15. ddude003

McIntosh c2600 vs Primaluna Dialogue Premium (Preamps)

If I may be so bold as to suggest that the preamps under consideration are two very different beasts... The McIntosh C2600 is a PreAmp and DAC with Phono MM and MC phono stage... The PremaLuna is PreAmp and has an add-on Phono stage (and no DAC)... The C2600 uses 2 tubes per set of stereo...
  16. ddude003

McIntosh c2600 vs Primaluna Dialogue Premium (Preamps)

Hmm... It looks to me like the specs are available on the PrimaLuna web site... I am very happy with the performance of my PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium PreAmp... This PreAmp fronts for a MC152 power amp and a pair of Martin Logan ESLs... I have rolled in Golden Lions all around and a pair of...
Back
Top Bottom