Search results

1. EngineerNate

High gain opamp based preamp for low output MC cartridges.

I believe this is correct. https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=8ad913ba15 Can the missing wirewound resistor be replaced by a metal film with the same resistance or is a wire wound necessary there?
  2. EngineerNate

Hey Wyn, I had looked over that post as well as the links in post #1 of this thread and it was still unclear to me which mouser links pertained specifically to the v1.0 boards. Went back and I think I found it, buried in the link to my own Dropbox.
  3. EngineerNate

Hey all, long time no see. I (well, my wife) had a baby. Audio took a back seat. Somewhat suddenly. :D I've gifted one of my v1.0 boards to a friend who had an interest in both vinyl and electronics projects. Can someone point me towards the right BOM for v1.0 boards in the MM config? Thanks...
  4. EngineerNate

KLH 23 Score

Happy Thanksgiving all! I've been a bit of a ghost in these parts. With buying a house, making a Rugrat, and changing jobs, we've been quite busy! We're having family and friends over today and the aforementioned friends' toddler thought the exposed dust caps on these was too tempting last...
  5. EngineerNate

My Garrard Lab 80 Obsession

Agreed.
  6. EngineerNate

Piezo-Azden-Acutex Thread

Recently scored an LPM M312 stereohedron stylus on eBay, just need to grab a cart for it. (And get my turntables setup in the new house!) Is there any difference between the different LPM bodies I need to be aware of?
  7. EngineerNate

Pioneer PL-7 - I like this table-Thoughts please!

Rust is bad, I'll take it off your hands for you, no charge. :D
  8. EngineerNate

Happy Birthday EngineerNate!

Thanks everyone! I know I've been a bit absent around here later, but I still love this place! Life's just been moving real fast the last couple of years.
  9. EngineerNate

Pioneer PL-250 Resto

Blast from the past! This was the first TT I ever owned or worked on. Simpler times. Glad you enjoyed the thread. :)
  10. EngineerNate

JVC QL-A2 Resto:Auto-Return and 33 RPM Speed Fix

Good to hear! Deoxit fixed mine as well.
  11. EngineerNate

Harman Kardon HK 330B recap, restore and upgrade BOM part list (kinda)

Yeah it's most likely just variation in part tolerances you're seeing.
  12. EngineerNate

Hi Rotco, there's another thread here that details a fix for the 33 rpm issue on this series of tables if the deoxit doesn't work: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/jvc-ql-a2-not-locking-speed-at-33-rpm.671402/ I didn't end up having to do this but a similar fix might sort yours...
  13. EngineerNate

Can you verify that all of the Leds in the strobe are lighting? If one went short circuit the voltage pulse could be not dropping far enough to make the rest flash. Do you have an oscilloscope? The strobe circuit connects directly to TP4. If tp4 is reading the correct waveform we can narrow...
  14. EngineerNate

Let me take a gander at the service manual and I'll get back to you. It's been ages since I worked on this so I'll have to take a bit to re-familiarize myself.
  15. EngineerNate

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

I was supposed to make some updates to that spreadsheet but real life happened and I've been out of the audio hobby a bit. You guys have full permission to do whatever you want with it. If it needs anything specific changed or added let me know and I'm happy to help still, things are calming...
  16. EngineerNate

Road & Track Magazine's 2020 Performance car of the Year is....not the new mid-engine Corvette

Sections of I-5 in CA are the worst for this. The trucks absolutely hammer the right lane so it's THUNK THUNK THUNK THUNK the whole time if you stay in it. Even worse when you're in a 3/4 ton truck. I'm a firm proponent of "get your butt back in the right lane as soon as possible" but I get it.
  17. EngineerNate

Road & Track Magazine's 2020 Performance car of the Year is....not the new mid-engine Corvette

Hyundai (and the Korean car industry in general) has come a very long way since the tiburon was designed.
  18. EngineerNate

I was planning to film my build (when I get around to it...), that might help generate some interest. I'm going to be setting up to film another phono build for a friend who sent me the kit for free, so it'd be easy to do both at the same time/one after the other.
  19. EngineerNate

All, I have added a PDF of this page of the thread to the dropbox under a new folder called "measurements". I moved the original measurements document into this folder as well, and added Wyn's commentary and distortion measurements to that file. I added the pdf of this page of the thread to give...
  20. EngineerNate

Just unexpectedly won a Rek-O-Kut B-12-H (!!)

Not very many times. Soaking the wood with CA glue can help. Successful use of inserts will depend on the plinth design. If you want a "form fit" setup like in the pic above it's going to be harder to pull off cleanly, especially if you're trying to keep everything natural wood. A bigger plinth...
  21. EngineerNate

IIRC there are some posts your supposed to grab on to, I used mini-grabber leads to do it. The service manual should have the locations indicated. Beyond that you'll need someone with more recent experience with this table to direct you, this table is now with @Onebean AFAIK and me memory of...
  22. EngineerNate

Boat Restorations - Upgrades - Tips & Tricks Post Your Outings !!!

Seafoam Deep creep should do you well there. If that doesn't work hit it with some heat. Well after all the volatiles have flashed off of course.
  23. EngineerNate

I think I spent about $100 on my parts kit. Wyn has the boards and is selling them very reasonably.
  24. EngineerNate

Boat Restorations - Upgrades - Tips & Tricks Post Your Outings !!!

Subbed. We had a little Wellcraft Eclipse 196S for a short while when I was a teen. It was supposed to be a wakeboarding boat for us but if I'm honest I enjoyed driving it more than I ever enjoyed the wakeboarding. It had a 305 mercruiser in it and would show up all the direct drive ski boats...
  25. EngineerNate

Setting up my electronics bench is next on my list of house projects... Hopefully I'll have an update on my build in the coming months. Lord knows we all need some leisure projects to distract us from current events! I promised my wife when we moved into the new house I'd not be doing any...
Back
Top Bottom