Search results

1. phishterr

Dynaco ST-35 Red Plating, Please Help

alright new boards are being ordered immediately. I may call dynakit and see if they have any clue if they’ll be getting new more any time soon before I go eBay. Thanks everyone for your help.
  2. phishterr

One more from the top
  3. phishterr

here’s some photos of the amp. They’re focused on the problematic tube socket. Sorry for the late reply as I’ve been working like crazy but I have some time on my hands now and want to get to the bottom of this. Thanks to everyone for your input...
  4. phishterr

Ok yeah, shoulda started with a picture of the amp, I’ll take a couple now
  5. phishterr

So I just had this thing completely rebuilt with all new caps, power supply, everything. New matched tubes. Get it back, use for an hour or so and the right channel drops out and one of the tubes is red plating. I immediately contact the tech who rebuilt it. He says he used it for an hour or...
  6. phishterr

New to tubes, looking for recommendations

Dude. I’m with you. This dynaco was free too. Belonged to a buddy of mine who moved to an “off grid” situation and didn’t see having the power for something like this. I’m loving every minute of it and not looking back. I’ve got the 2016 Animals remaster on as I type this and it’s never...
  7. phishterr

New to tubes, looking for recommendations

So I recently added tubes to my system for the first time and I’m pretty sure I wasted the first 32 years of my life with solid state. It’d always been a vintage amp guy and owned pioneer, marantz, technics and more marantz. This Dynaco st-35 makes them all look like a joke. I’ll never go...
  8. phishterr

Sx-727 phono input issue??

AT pro 12e which is 4.2mv and a 2m blue which is 5.5mv. No change on phono #1 output.
  9. phishterr

Thanks I’ll give a bath tonight and see what happens.
  10. phishterr

Marantz, Onkyo or Realistic? (yes, seriously)

Then by all means go for it. I am also basing my opinion having owned 1 bad receiver. I shouldn’t judge the brand just on that. Also you can always get it and save and flip it in 6 months for at least what you paid and get yourself something nicer.
  11. phishterr

or maybe it’s not an issue and it’s just me? So I added a second turntable and had previously been only using the phono 1 input. I started up the new tt in phono 2 and the output was much quiter. I would say it’s about half. It’s doesnt sound bad, just quiet. At first I thought it was the...
  12. phishterr

Got a cartridge alignment dead on first try today.

Can’t believe the hours I’ve wasted on the internet and haven’t come across that one
  13. phishterr

Thanks boys. At least someone understands me.
  14. phishterr

So I got a Technics SL-23 as a second TT. Long story but I got it for 20 bucks, so yeah, that’s cool. Anyway in the interest of keeping costs down I opted for an OM 5e to replace the old cart it came with. I shit you not, I mounted it, popped the headshell on, dropped it on the protractor and...
  15. phishterr

Marantz, Onkyo or Realistic? (yes, seriously)

In my experience stay away from the realistic unless money is a big factor. If you have the cash you’ll be happier with the marantz or pioneer. You’ll enjoy the sound, reliability and aesthetics more than the savings. I’ve had a realistic sta-820, a marantz 2238 and pioneer sx-727. The...
  16. phishterr

Technique to test stylus sans body?

I think you’re screwed. If you do however figure that out yes, please let me know too
  17. phishterr

Pioneer PD-202 CD player scroe

Just snagged one of these at goodwill for $10.20. Sounds fantastic and every function works flawlessly.
  18. phishterr

Pioneer sx 727 tuning needle light??

Thank you. I’ve actually done some research and I’m going to have a local pro do it. I have limited skills and I’m not comfortable with much more than deoxit and changing standard fuse type bulbs. I figure I can have him check bias and give it a once over while he’s in there anyway.
  19. phishterr

Thanks ! I’ll email him now
  20. phishterr

I recently picked up an sx-727 and it just dawned on me that the little light on the tuning needle is out. Haven’t been able to find any info on how to fix it, so here I am. Anyone?
  21. phishterr

Pictorial how to: LED tuner bulbs in SX-x2x (727 used)

Hey this thread is pretty old but thanks to OP as well as all who posted. I recently replaced my realistic with an sx 727. Wanted to upgrade to leds, never worked on gear myself, found this thread, now I have a great looking receiver and I didn’t F anything up. Came out great, thank you.
Back
Top Bottom