Search results

1. G

What is your dream vintage audio setup?

Dream bigger.
  2. G

What is your dream vintage audio setup?

Mine is Linn LP12 Turntable Pioneer Spec 3 preamp Pioneer Spec 2 PowerAmp 250watt per ch Yamaha NS-1000 Speakers. Total price is around £4,000 or £3,000 for bad condition. My current set up is: Cambridge Audio CD Pioneer SA-9500 II amp Kef Concerto / LS35A(fixing) speakers.
  3. G

Kef Concerto - whats an upgrade?

I want to upgrade my speakers, recommendations please. The amp is Pioneer SA-9500 II Source is Cambridge Audio CD36 / Youtube Amazon fire stick / was Dual Cs505-1 record deck.
  4. G

How do Ls3 / 5a sound compared to Kef Concerto?

Sound quality between LS3 /5A and concerto? Pioneer HPM 100, ditton 66 & Yamaha NS-1000 are other options.
  5. G

How do Ls3 / 5a sound compared to Kef Concerto?

Is it worth upgrading? Will they sound better and have more detail? They both have the B110 & T27 but the Kef Concertos also have a subwoofer B139.
  6. G

How do Kef Concerto sound compared to Pioneer HPM-100?

I some times listen to dubstep / electric / nightclub music is the HPM better for that?
  7. G

Which sub? The bass from the subs i tried cover the extra detail. One sub i tried was 4 ohm in parrell with another 8 ohm speaker it blew up my amp. Now I have a Pioneer SA-9500 II which i dont touch.....
  8. G

Really? But on ebay the Kef Concerto sell around £150 and the Pioneer HPM-100 sell around £500. Which amplifier (s) have you tested them with?
  9. G

Is it worth the upgrade? I like to hear detail in my music espeacially in the mids and accuracy to real life.
  10. G

Kef Concerto Recap - what is a 7mfd capacutor in uf?

Done. Surprisingly it was £9 cheaper than Alcaps on ebay! (Incl postage). Plus ebay some alcaps were out of stock. I went for Alcap 2% low loss. Since they are kef concerto licence holders their option is good enough. Maybe try Jantzen next time. On the page it does not say UF values just...
  11. G

So 7mfd is 7,000uf ?
  12. G

Ordering some new capacitors for my Kef Concertos (I have 3 pairs). This is called recaping speakers.... The capacitor values on one crossover are: 5mfd 5mfd 7mfd 60mfd 80mfd. What are these in uf? Are they the same values? I am going for Alcap capacitors.
  13. G

I Opted Out of Ebay Global Shipping Program

I think GSP is only for ebay personsl sellers not ebay business sellers? Any how I use InterParcel or ParcelHero.
  14. G

Let me tell you how to do international shipping. Rule number 1 - never give a buyer a shipping qoute of more than £27. Do you think a buyer will pay £70 shipping to buy a £100 item? No chance. Your item price has to be £50 higher so you will incl abit of the international shipping price...
  15. G

How come my thread got closed? - 'How many ebay seller accounts do you have?'

How come my thread got closed? - 'How many ebay seller accounts do you have?'
  16. G

Is there anything of value in this photo of 70 hi fi items?

Its here if you want it - https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Job-Lot-Of-Stereos-Tape-Players-Amplifiers-and-Music-Systems/183072316385?hash=item2a9ff5dbe1:g:NbgAAOSwgeBagq3K Ebay item number - 183072316385
  17. G

I did the same calculation but in pounds 70 items £10 each £700. Most likely everything will sell between £10 - £40 on average. £3,000 max. But then i calculated working time to test each one, photos, list online, packaging, shipping labels etc. Its 100+ hours of work almost a months work...
  18. G

What was your biggest score on ebay?

Really? I've tried that too but search results are terrible will have to go through 1,000 to find anything....
  19. G

Ebay alternatives to buy vintage audio?

Alternatives and other sites recomendations please espeacially if they are cheaper.
  20. G

Is Vinyl revival mean record players have become popular again and prices shot up? Since what year has this happened? I'm surprised I sold 2 vintage record players for around £150. Dual CS-505 1 and Technics BD22D.
  21. G

Wow me & you have a lot in common!! Me and ebay are also enemies because of bad buyers. Over the years I must have opened dozens of accounts and got immediately closed down. Now I finally know how to fool ebay into thinking its not my account. Current account is 11 months old steady trading...
  22. G

Mine was Rotel RX-802 I was the only bidder no one else bid. Got it for £30 excellent condition, its worth £150 - £200 no idea why no one else bid maybe it was one of those days when ebay had low visitor numbers..... One meter bulb was out but thats minor issue.
  23. G

5 different areas of expertise.....
  24. G

Which one is that? I think I see two of those one has a dust cover.
Back
Top Bottom