Search results

1. Adam N.

Snell EII manual

I've reloaded my copy of the Snell EII manual so that others cans find it here.
  2. Adam N.

Hazen mod for Clementine Amp.

Well, I performed the Hazen Mod to the amp. I am not sure I can tell the difference. It's impossible to A/B test them but I am fine with leaving it modified. Using other tubes besides EL34s would make the mod moot anyhow. So, no harm done and it still sounds great to me.
  3. Adam N.

Check out the Hazen Mod. It's an interesting experiment for under $1.
  4. Adam N.

But it shouldn't blow up the amp. This is the supposed secret behind Decware.
  5. Adam N.

I have a little Clementine Amp that I like quite a bit. It's the 6L6 version and pins 1&8 are jumped for use with EL34 tubes. This photo is from the ad from US Audiomart two owners before me. I'd like to try the Hazen mod from Decware where a .1uf cap is placed between pins 1&8 which are jumped...
  6. Adam N.

EL84=6P14P=6P15P-EV in a single ended amp?

Thanks again for your sage advice. It's a fun little amp to mess around with. Adam
  7. Adam N.

EL84=6P14P=6P15P-EV in a single ended amp?

Hi I have a triode wired single ended amp from the Ukraine. I bought it as a "el84" amp but it has russian 6P14P tubes in it. Can I safely run EL84s or 6P15P-EVs in it? Thanks Adam
  8. Adam N.

Hi, Do you still have the document about running Dynaco amps in triode mode? If so, please...

Hi, Do you still have the document about running Dynaco amps in triode mode? If so, please send it to me. I want to experiment. Thanks Adam
  9. Adam N.

Dynaco MKIII hum, again. Could it be quad caps?

I think I may have the culprit. I have an eBay variac as my house current can get over 225. The vairiac itself has a really cheap outlet. It's just loose. I think that's what the problem is.
  10. Adam N.

To be honest, that mess of wires behind the cadenza is a problem. Anytime that the cadenza is moved plugs could get lose. There's more than one power strip, a variac. I live in an 1870s house so all the wiring is suspect. Mostly, tough, I would imagine that the bundle of wires produces some...
  11. Adam N.

It's only ever happened with the JJ rec tubes. Maybe the switch to gold lion will fix it? I have inrush current limiters that I thought I might install. I wonder if maybe the actual plug to the wall is loose and that's sloppy connection is causing a rapid on/off cycle. Maybe it needs a new...
  12. Adam N.

Amps are off. New can on order.
  13. Adam N.

I have a pair of current production Gold Lions going in there now. This has happened more than once to me. We don't listen to music very loud.
  14. Adam N.

Hi all, I own a pair of dynaco MKIII amps and one of them has developed a hum. I noticed the left channel was messed up and it was humming or buzzing. Earlier in the week if flashed a rectifier (I am never using JJ rectifier tubes again). Now there is a buzz coming from that amp at the...
  15. Adam N.

Active crossovers

MiniDPS all the way. Undreamed of flexibly. You didn't know you needed it until you got it.
  16. Adam N.

Do you all have a favorite banana plug?

I've got to admit I don't really get the banana plug. Once the speaker is in place and the stereo is set up you're better off direct wiring through the hole in the biding post. Banana plugs are nice for swapping stuff but some speakers might sit for years in place and it's not like I have to...
  17. Adam N.

14kHz matter to the average middle aged guy, my DIY double blind experiment.

CCA to goes to 20 in digital output and is basically limited by the DAC.
  18. Adam N.

Part of this journey for me is that I got a SET amp and really liked it. It's not my primary system but it's something that I picked up and played around with. I then got a pair of Omega full range single driver speakers and a bit of 'you're doing this wrong' but I have come to really love that...
  19. Adam N.

That chart pretty much says it all. I believe, also, that very high frequency sounds attenuate faster as they move through the air for some reason. That little bit of synth and cymbal that creep above 14500 aren't going to be audible 30 feet away in the room. I really think that the 100 kHz...
  20. Adam N.

I don't generally listen to pink noise. So, if I don't listen to pink noise why would I test for it? Part of this is that I don't think there's much information there in normal recorded music, especially at dB that people can hear. This is a test of real world conditions. I am also not...
  21. Adam N.

The Kefs are supposed to be good to 28. Room EQ wizard shows them flatish to 20 anyhow. At any rate I feel like the vast majority of the information of mids anyhow. I mean, why would violin makers have designed instruments we cannot hear? It doesn't make sense. I also feel like If I can't...
  22. Adam N.

That is an amazing testimonial. My listening this evening suggests that there I will never be able to detect when my wife has changed the filters. Part of this is that I am happily experimenting with full range speakers and don't think that anything above 14K matters to me. I am amazed that...
  23. Adam N.

Do you have an emergency amplifier?

Lots of "emergency" speakers. For amps I go to another room.
  24. Adam N.

Do you all have a favorite banana plug?

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-banana-plugs/ monoprice 21916. No frills.Which is kind of the point?
Back
Top Bottom