Search results

1. Rubbertoe81

Sansui 9090 driver board issues

Last week I finally bought myself a 9090 receiver locally. After a quick inspection and audition I handed over my dollary doos. However when I got home and set her up it quickly became apparent that there was an issue with the left channel, audible crackling/popping/humming that I didn’t notice...
  2. Rubbertoe81

Marantz 1152dc high dc offset

My 1152dc is reading very high dc offset in the left channel from the speaker terminal. It climbs to almost 1vdc within a few minutes with the trimpot at minimum position, the right channel is ok. So far I have replaced all 2sa872 & 2sc1775 transistors on the main amp board with closely matched...
  3. Rubbertoe81

Pioneer SA-1000 high bias issue

I have an issue with my Pioneer sa 1000 where I am unable to adjust the right channel bias low enough. The manual calls for 100mv across the pair of emitter resistors for each channel, which seems quite high though I have read posts here where people suggest 50mv across the pair instead. I can...
  4. Rubbertoe81

AU101 Distorted/Crackly sound

I recently purchased an au 101 that had a few issues, one of which was that the balance knob didn’t function correctly. Upon further inspection I discovered that someone had soldered a small jumper wire on the pcb behind the balance knob between L and R channels. (Photo below) Once I removed...
  5. Rubbertoe81

AU101 humming issue

So I recently purchased an au101 with the intention of restoring/recapping etc, when initially testing it I discovered that once switched on the speakers immediately started humming and pulsing on every input regardless of the volume position. I checked the bias and am getting around 8mv at the...
  6. Rubbertoe81

Sansui AU555A Phono Issue

So I bought a little sansui au555a a while back and ever since I bought it the phono section has had a strange issue where it sounds like interference coming from the right channel, there seems to be no bass at all from the right channel and the occasional popping sound from the speaker. I...
  7. Rubbertoe81

Sansui au555a phono issue

So I bought a little sansui au555a a while back and ever since I bought it the phono section has had a strange issue where it sounds like interference coming from the right channel, there seems to be no bass at all from the right channel and the occasional popping sound from the speaker. I...
Back
Top Bottom