Search results

1. Falconet

AR10 pi mid driver repair

finding original tweeters if the current tweeters can not be restored to their original condition, is going to be a next step. but that will take time as I can not afford them now. there is a pair on Ebay right now for 275 USD. there is also a pair of the original mid drivers for for 375 USD...
  2. Falconet

indeed. do you know how am I going to access the switches' interior? as for the recap I am going to make a list of the exact caps needed for the best performance based on the info on Classicspeakerpages thread and share with my tech. based on what I read, I would have to use electrolytic caps...
  3. Falconet

the distortion has nothing to do with the tweeters though. they sound fine. even though they probably don't sound like the originals.
  4. Falconet

btw aren't the tweeters on 10pi's supposed to have ferro-fluid? my tech said there are no ferro-fluids in these!
  5. Falconet

UPDATE: so I took the speakers to the only tech I kind of trusted. turned out he actually has been the second previous owners of these so he knew them well. anyhow he took the mid out. ran signal directly through it and there was no distortion. he took the mid apart too and found nothing wrong...
  6. Falconet

ok I did what you suggested and I think it improved the distorted sound. but it didn't disappear. wow, could a proper cleaning be all they need?
  7. Falconet

thanks, but unfortunately I don't live in the US.that's why I can't trust any tech that I know around here, with these speakers. they simply don't have any experience. I have seen that thread before and I actually made my tech take a look at that recapped cross over to have an idea what he is...
  8. Falconet

the ones simplyspeakers sell and the ones on ebay look different than the originals and some folks on classicspeakerpages.com seemed to be against the new genuine drivers claiming the tonal balance is different with these. that's why I thought I should be looking for the originals.
  9. Falconet

that's something I don't want to happen to them. I care about them too much to use an unoriginal driver.
  10. Falconet

hope this is the issue. how does one go about cleaning the L-pads?
  11. Falconet

can't desolder and I'm afraid to do that tbh.
  12. Falconet

hi AK. I have a pair of 10pi speakers that I bought a couple of months back. upon auditioning I did not notice anything wrong with them. they had been unused ever since, so that I would get my amp recapped before using the speakers. the 10pi's are also in their original form and not recapped...
  13. Falconet

question about connecting speaker wires.

agreed :beerchug:. unfortunately none of my gear are at the same league of my speakers. that's why I'm so concerned about damaging them.
  14. Falconet

sorry, I should have used the real pic. but I noticed the indications were the same so I thought it didn't matter much. I will use the actual pics from now on. thanks a lot for your help.
  15. Falconet

thanks for the clear explanation. my speakers (AR10pi) have attenuators that based on what I have read, depending on the various settings, could change the speakers's impedance! I guess I will change the setting the way it would be 4Ohms. but my question is, is it risky if I play with the...
  16. Falconet

thanks for pointing that out, but that pic does not belong to my amp. I only used it to clarify what I was trying to do. I attached a real pic(off the net) of my amplifier, it is a Technics SU-V8X. ok I will use the remote outputs but from what I learned from yours and the previous reply, it...
  17. Falconet

thanks for the input but B speaker terminals won't support 4 ohm. and I have done it before with another set of speakers and amp and it seemed to work (4ohm wasn't an issue then though. it was a pair of 8 ohm speakers back then) but I don't know if it poses any risk to either the speakers or the...
  18. Falconet

What's the ugliest equipment you ever saw?

personally my vote goes to anything by Wilson Audio. their designs look atrocious to me.
  19. Falconet

What's the ugliest equipment you ever saw?

this my favorite thread. I'm laughing at both how cruel some of you are to some equipment designs and how ugly some of the stuff truly are.
  20. Falconet

Hi AK, I have a dumb question. I tried googling it but I couldn't find my answer. I want to connect a pair of 4ohm speakers to a vintage amp. one of the ground binding post sockets on the main speaker terminals is broken. there is a selector which makes the main speaker terminals support 4ohm...
  21. Falconet

help me Identify these pair of speakers please

if only! :rolleyes:
  22. Falconet

I guess I would have to pass on then. especially considering that the drivers have remained unknown. I will miss that cabinet though.
  23. Falconet

I'm really curious too but would you pay 200 bucks just to gut them and see what's inside?
  24. Falconet

well, we do import them too :)), like that pair of Acoustic Monitors I saw a couple of months back. those specs can not be serious yea! the terminal is wrong on so many levels indeed.
  25. Falconet

anyone recognizes the drives? also price is 200 usd in case you wondered.
Back
Top Bottom