Search results

1. thefraze1020

Ground Wire Adapter?

I ended up doing this as well. Seems to work just fine, no buzzing whatsoever.
  2. thefraze1020

Ground Wire Adapter?

I would lean toward that sort of setup. To verify, that is a 3.5mm female to open end wire, correct? If so, what is a good source for a wire like this? And is there a version of that with only one wire coming out of the 3.5mm end?
  3. thefraze1020

Ground Wire Adapter?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is a DMM?
  4. thefraze1020

Lafayette LR-500B

Here are the innards. It is extremely clean inside. I have very thoroughly blown all the dust out of the inside.
  5. thefraze1020

Lafayette LR-500B

So my next question, is this receiver (or the similar LR-500T) a decent unit? I know Lafayette wasn't one of the power hitting brands in the 60's and 70's like Marantz, Sansui, etc. But from first impression, this appears to be a pretty nice little receiver.
  6. thefraze1020

Ground Wire Adapter?

Attached is a picture of this wire, stranded with the RCA jacks. Another thought I had was leaving this wire alone and mounting a new ground wire to a screw on the turntable, and put a spade connector on the other end, for connection to the receiver.
  7. thefraze1020

Yamaha P-25

Yes, I looked there, and found almost every other Yamaha turntable except the P-25. Attached are a couple photos of this turntable.
  8. thefraze1020

Lafayette LR-500B

Yes, I've noticed that there is information out there for the LR-500T, but not for the LR-500B. Attached are two photos of the unit I purchased.
  9. thefraze1020

Lafayette LR-500B

Hi, A few weeks ago I purchased off eBay a Lafayette LR-500B receiver, which is part of a stereo system I'm setting up for my younger brother. I've searched online everywhere, and cannot find any information on this unit. Does anyone know any details about this receiver, such as where I can...
  10. thefraze1020

Yamaha P-25

I recently purchased at a thrift shop a Yamaha P-25 turntable. I've been searching everywhere online for more information on this unit, and am coming up empty. Visually, it is identical to the Yamaha P-500 turntable I already own. Does anyone have any info on the P-25? Such as a manual, years...
  11. thefraze1020

Ground Wire Adapter?

This turntable does have a regular 120v ac wall plug. I plugged the RCA jacks into the reveiver, powered up the turntable and it worked like it should. The only issue was a buzzing sound. When i touched the wire which i thought was ground to the ground screw on the receiver, the buzzing went away.
  12. thefraze1020

Ground Wire Adapter?

Hello, I am currently setting up a vintage stereo system for my younger brother. I purchased at a thrift shop a Yamaha P-25 turntable, and I am planning on connecting it to a Lafayette LR-500B receiver. The receiver has the usual ground connection on the back of it, a screw that accepts a spade...
  13. thefraze1020

How did you first fall in love with Fisher and what was your first model?

I'm a youngster in this world of vintage electronics. I was born in 1992 (I am 25). When I was young, my parents had a Fisher TV from the 80's. That thing lasted for years. And my grandpa bought a pair of Fisher speakers in 1986 when his current house was built (I now possess and use these...
Back
Top Bottom