Search results

1. Coopergang

BA A400’s: Replacing Ferrofluid in the Midrange - Advice Needed

Recently I have discovered that the Boston Acoustics A400’s have a ferrofluid cooled midrange, something it shares with the A200. I came across this information through a combination of the BA facebook group, and official documentation that I will link below. I was wondering what the best way...
  2. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics A400 Front Removal

Hi, I was looking to repaint the front of my A400's as the black paint has some minor scratches that are unsightly. I was wondering if the front of the speaker is able to be removed, and or if anyone has any better ideas on how to repaint it.
  3. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics A400s

Recently moved into a new apartment and was able to properly setup my A400's. I have them about 6 feet apart and the listening space is about 8 feet back. They sound amazing! I recently discovered the woofers were out of phase and after fixing that I genuinely cannot tell the difference between...
  4. Coopergang

Overwhelmed with options

Hi im currently in a bit of a situation, ive been looking for a power-amp or a pre/power-amp combo. I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of options and woud like help boiling them down. I have a pair of boston acoustics A400’s currently powered (bi-amped through extra channels) by a sony...
  5. Coopergang

Help with placement and room treatment: Boston Acoustics A400

I have a pair of boston acoustics A400’s on my back wall but i would like some tips on how to make them sound better/where to place them. Also would like help on room treatment. Here are some pictures
  6. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics A400: General Help/Info

Okay so I have made an abundance of A400 posts and Im just going to post whatever questions I have to this thread from now on as to not flood the forum. My first question is about the drivers in my A400’s. Everything in my A400’s suggest that they were made in 1986, but it seems they have...
  7. Coopergang

BA A400 Tweeter Ohm Rating

Can someone with some Boston Acoustics A400’s measure the tweeters Ohm rating so I can see if my tweeters are still viable. Since the A400’s are 4 ohms I assume that the tweeters will be too, but I have no clue as I am new to this whole hobby. Thanks in advance, Christian
  8. Coopergang

Boston AcoustA400 replacement tweeter

Does anybody here have any idea where to get a replacement tweeter for The BA A400’s? Im currently completely restoring them to their former glory and a replacement tweeter would help. I have looked all over and I cant seem to find one. Thanks in advance! Edit: wow i messed up the title.
  9. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics + Tube Preamp ?

Hi i currently have two a400’s for my fronts and a single a70 for my center speaker. As of now i have a denon dp-300f with the ortofon 2m red cartridge+needle. Would adding a tube pre-amp beneficial to my setup or should i get a solid state pre-amp? Thanks in advance! Btw: im running a Sony...
  10. Coopergang

External Pre-Amp for Denon DP-300F

I have a DP-300F with the ortofon Red cartridge installed, and I am currently using the built in preamp. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pre-amp? My budget is 0$ - 200$ Thanks.
  11. Coopergang

Boston Acoustics A70’s Series II

Hello, I am very new to the audiophile hobby and i have a few questions about a setup that im creating. As of now I have 2 Boston Acoustics A400’s for my mains and im thinking of adding an A70 series II for my center. Is this a good choice or am i misguided in terms of timbre and voice matching...
Back
Top Bottom