Search results

1. P

Benz Micro Glider SM SUT/Gain recommendations

Hi, I am looking for recommendations and advice for a SUT to be used with a Benz Micro Glider SM (0.8mV) that will be paired with a VTA PH16 phono preamp I am looking at the K&K audio Basic MC Phono Step-Up and have read 26db of gain working for others with this combination and being on the...
  2. P

Marantz TT15s1 isolation platform

Has anyone who owns a Marantz TT15s1 turntable incorporated an isolation platform with it? Wondering if anyone has any feedback/comments on what has helped or not helped for them I see quite a few acrylic platforms available that look nice but want to see if anyone has experience with them and...
  3. P

Another Allied 435 recap and restore

Bumping a pretty old thread here but can anyone confirm the amps and volts for the panel illumination fuse lamps used in the 435? Thanks
  4. P

Recommendations for a reliable electronics repair person in Chicagoland

I have had positive experiences with both Casper at stereo rehab and Dave at Chicago Audio and would recommend both. Chicago audio recapped a 9090 for me and seemed very knowledgeable on Sansui gear. Casper at Stereo Rehab worked on an Akai r2r for me but had several Sansui units in the shop at...
  5. P

Receiver/Integrated recommendations for current hungry speakers (Vandersteen)

Are you using 2wq subs in your setup? If so any tips for setting the w-2 crossover with the au-919? Thanks
  6. P

Did you try at all biamping your Vandersteen's with the Crown and your 919 using Y adapters on the preouts to the main ins?
  7. P

Thank you for the responses and recommendations, going to try out a Crown XLS just for fun with the AU-9500 as the pre while still searching around for other options
  8. P

Hi, looking for anyone's recommendations for Sansui receiver/integrated models that would be a good pairing with Vandersteen speakers (Model 3's). My understanding in that they thrive off higher current, higher power amps. Hopefully models that are reasonably attainable...an au-x1 seems like a...
  9. P

Reference Studio Monitor Crossover Questions

bumping an extremely old thread here but it is the best discussion around recapping RSM's.... When others recapped theirs, did you replace the 6uf 100v capacitor that is on the mid/high adjustment panel? If so, is there a specific cap and source you'd recommend, seems like the 6uf rating is not...
  10. P

g-5000 will not power up, previously running fine

Anyone have any additional troubleshooting steps I can take to try and figure out what could be wrong with the unit? Summary is that it will not power up at all, was previously running fine. It is passing power through the switched rear outlet, the 4 fuses test OK when checked out of series, I...
  11. P

AU717????

For anyone who's heard both, aside from the power differences, how do the 517 and 717 sonically compare?
  12. P

AU-517 not powering up, previously running fine

Thank you very much for the help I just swapped the main power fuse and the unit is back up and running now, why it blew I am not sure though
  13. P

I am not sure how to do that but would be up for trying, how would I check that?
  14. P

It does not visually appear blown but I just did not get a reading on my multimeter for it when trying for ohms or current
  15. P

I do not have the original service manual but when looking at the one available on hifiengine I believe it is not the XX model
  16. P

Not that I am aware of, believe it is just a regular AU-517, not sure what the xx model is though?
  17. P

They all look to be good I am not getting any reading on my multimeter when testing out of circuit the 7a amp fuse that is on the back of the unit though
  18. P

correct, measuring ACV at FO1, FO2, FO3 and FO4 and getting nothing; measuring by placing one lead on the fuse and the other on the metal chassis
  19. P

yeah the switched and both of the unswitched are passing power
  20. P

I did confirm that the rear outlets are passing power through
  21. P

Thanks for the replay, I am comfortable with it and have basic experience with working with live AC enough to be able to use the correct cautions
  22. P

definitely not just a wall power issue or burnt out LED, it is not powering up; checked all inputs, speaker outputs, headphones, preouts Thank you for that advice, is there other checks you could recommend for someone inexperienced with any situations like this/working on amps?
  23. P

Any advice on troubleshooting a Sanusi AU-517 that is not powering up? It passes power through the rear power outputs. The fuses that I can find all appear to be OK. Measuring with a multimeter it looks like there is no voltage at the fuses. Is this pointing to a transformer issue? The unit had...
  24. P

g-5000 will not power up, previously running fine

[/url][/IMG] Life got it in the way..finally getting back to working on this... Reading at the 125v fuse (F 604) is 14.7, still getting nothing at the other 3 fuses, not sure if any of these pictures help at all, thank you [/url] image hosting facebook[/IMG]
  25. P

Supercharged - Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 DAC

Look at the picture in post #530, that should help you
Back
Top Bottom