Search results

1. ExcitableOne

Fisher RS-2007 dissasembly

I haven't used AK in a while, so please bear with me. I got an RS-2007 last night from a kind electrical engineer, he seemed to think one of the output STKs was broken, but I don't believe it is as the unit outputs fine into headphones. My basic question is how do I get the boards out of the...
  2. ExcitableOne

Paper falling off of output transformer. Any fixes?

Essentially just the title. I want to if I should just leave it, replace the transformers, or if there's any fix besides hot glue. Coils look fine. Pictures attached below.
  3. ExcitableOne

Concord MK10 tone control board not passing audio

The tone control on the Concord MK10 I'm fixing for my friend seems to not be passing audio. Coming off the preamp, I get about 2v on a 60Hz (most dependable frequency for my DMM) and at the output of the tone control I get 0.005, the same voltage I get when doing a straight short. I replaced...
  4. ExcitableOne

Concord MK-10, really just a Sherwood s-7100, blowing rectifier diodes.

So I'm working on a Concord MK-10, which from what I can tell is damn near identical to a Sherwood s-7100 non a version. I replaced all the c458 transistors as I ahve read they are really noisy and seemed to be at fault. I also recapped the audio signal. I forgot to trim some of the leads of the...
  5. ExcitableOne

Concord MK-10 FET amp no output

I am repairing Concord MK-10 circa 1960s receiver. There is a hum from the output. I have replaced some visually damaged and tested open resistors. I also had two diodes break while testing them, and therefore replaced. No service manual to my knowledge. Not sure what to test next, any ideas?
  6. ExcitableOne

JVC R-X400 no output and LCD doing some weird things

So I bought an untested JVC R-X400 on eBay kind of knowing this would happen. As of right now I'm getting no output, one of the fuse lamps is burnt out, but I know how to replace that. The spectrum analyzer is peaking at all but one frequency, and the display at that part I'm assuming displays...
  7. ExcitableOne

So my brand new JVC RX-517v from Goodwill is having a few issues...

Now to start this off, I don't even know if this is the right place to put this since my JVC isn't exactly "vintage". It's from 1993 and actually looks newer, so I honestly don't know. Second, I'm new here...as you can probably tell. Alright, now on to my problem. So a while ago my poor JVC was...
Back
Top Bottom