Search results

1. pjf610

Pioneer CT F-1250 Calibration

Well, it took a while, but I was able to purchase a transformer for my other CT F-1250. Before I installed it i did a total recap of the power supply board, and the control board. I changed all the belts and rubber; I then installed the transformer and my 2nd 1250 came to life. I did some...
  2. pjf610

Transformer for an Pioneer CT F-1250

Hi all, I need help in trying to find the right transformer for one on mine 1250, I have one that has the fuse mounted to the back of the unit that I need it for. My other unit has the 4-fuse type mounted in the back of the unit that is an RTT-176 looking at the schematic the 120v,220v,240v...
  3. pjf610

Pioneer CT F-1250 Transistor Replacements

Hi all, looking for replacements for these, the 2SA999L-2SA733A can be replaced with KSA992 that was the easy one. I need help with. 2SC2634-2SC2320L 2SA934-2SA684NC 2SD837 Any help would be appreciated. Pat
  4. pjf610

Pioneer CT F-1250 transformers

Hi all, is there a difference between the RTT-176 transformer (CT f-1250) and the RTT-175-0 transformer (CT f-950)?? I have a CT F-1250 missing a transformer are any of their transformers interchangeable???
  5. pjf610

Cassette heads good or bad

Before I go through all the trouble of installing these can anyone tell if these heads are any good the first 3 are REC Heads the last 2 are PB Thanks
  6. pjf610

Pioneer CT F-1250 Solenoid Problem

Hi all, here is what is going on with my CT F-1250 I received this unit from a friend of mine and just replace the belts they were gone and now all that happens is the solenoids just keep clicking away. HELP
  7. pjf610

Pioneer CT F-1250 when I hit Play it goes right into FF.

Hi all, I just acquired and nice CT F-1250 from a buddy of mine which was his fathers and just had it laying around for years, anyway it needed all belts which I have just replaced, but I noticed that when I hit play it just goes into fast forward, reverse is fine when pushed and so is the FF...
  8. pjf610

What kind of environment does my test equipment need to be in??

Hi all, I hope this is the right place to post this thread! I am moving out of my shop where I have AC and my work bench, I am an amateur in the tech world and do it as a hobby, I plan on setting up a work bench in my garage and continue to tinker around with my electronics. I live in Florida...
  9. pjf610

Marantz 2270 and Bose 901

Hi all, Is this a good fit Marantz 2270 and Bose 901?? Is there enough power in the 2270 to get the 901's to sounding good?? Any thoughts?? I might be able to get a deceit pair for a good price so I would like to know if this would be a good match. Pat
  10. pjf610

Marantz 2270 main power board DC voltage

Hi all, I recently checked my power supply board P800 for DC voltage and can NOT get the 35vdc required the best I can do is 33.2 is this a problem?? and what can I check to correct it. Also I I now have a very weak left channel. Pat
  11. pjf610

PL-570 Cherry Veneer Finished

Hi all, well the Cherry Veneer PL-570 is done here are some photos of the finished product.
  12. pjf610

PL-570 Cherry

Hi all, this is the work in progress for the number 2 PL-570 which is done in cherry, more to come when completed
  13. pjf610

PL-570 Rosewood

Started this project about a month ago there are 2 PL-570 the first one is done in Rosewood the 2nd in Cherry. This is the rosewood, still have some tweaking to do on it.
  14. pjf610

Pioneer Pl-570 when to change out transistors??

So, when should one consider whether to change out old transistors when restoring a 40+year old TT, caps I am aware of, but transistors are they debatable??? This is the automatic TT with the fake wood vainer the transistors in question are the 2SC1279-S - 2SC372-Y 2SC945-P or-Q I was curious...
  15. pjf610

Pioneer Pl-570 when to change out transistors??

So, when should one consider whether to change out old transistors when restoring a 40+year old TT, caps I am aware of, but transistors are they debatable??? Some thoughts please. Pat
  16. pjf610

please help, how to remove headshell socket from tone arm

Hi all, I seem to be having trouble removing the headshell stock from the tone arm to replace the wires, I do NOT want to force anything but is there a secret to removing this??? I thought it would just pull out, but I am having NO such luck. Thanks Pat
  17. pjf610

PL-570 Tone Arm Wires

Hi All, I in the process of restoring 1 of my pl-570 tt, the question I have is there are 6 wires coming from the underside of the tone arm Red, Blue, White, Green and 2 black, where are the 2 black wires going too??? Thanks Pat
  18. pjf610

PL-570 Quartz Synchro Pulse Lable

Hi all, am about to refinish 1of my pl-570 TT and would like to know what you think of this label. I made this label using a couple of methods then printed it on my P-Touch Thanks Pat
  19. pjf610

Looking for some thoughts

Hi all, I have 2 Pioneer PL-570 TT that I am looking to start some work on not at the same time but do one then the other. My question is I need to change out the wires they are really getting old and brittle, should I just upgrade the cables and connect them in the original manner, or add RCA...
  20. pjf610

Akia GX-747DBX

Hi All, I was going through the service manual of the 747DBX and unlike the GX635 it does not list the capacitors they use, the manual I am using I got from HIFIENGINE, am I missing something??? Thanks Pat
  21. pjf610

Advice on restorations

Hi All, I own 2 Pioneer PL-570 TT, both have been recapped, approximately about a year ago. I am now looking to resurface them with wood veneers. My question to you experts is, Would you change the tone arm wires and the cables, or leave well enough alone.Does it or will it hurt the resale value...
  22. pjf610

PL-570 cable replacement

Hi all, I was wondering if there is any benefit in replacing the old cable on the Pioneer PL-570 and if so what can I replace them with??? Pat
  23. pjf610

2270 Rumble

Hi all, I noticed today that when I started my PL-570 I get a rumble out of the speakers then it goes away when the tone arm sit's on the record. I recapped this unit about 2-3 years ago have not had any issues until today. At first thought I though it might be the turntable, I swapped out that...
  24. pjf610

Acoustic Research AR2AX

Hi All, A friend of mine just gave me a pair of these speakers, he knows I am into restoring vintage equipment and said have at it. My question is whether or not to restore these, they sound pretty good,but I have not put them through it's paces. I am using my Marantz 2270 with a Pioneer PL-570...
  25. pjf610

Marantz 2252B No Lights No Meters

Hi all, just got a 2252B, on initial turn on (W- DBM) I noticed that there was no lights or that the meters was not working.The Stereo, Tape, Phono and Aux lights are OK. First thought was to replace the dead fuse type bulbs with some newer ones, and I realized that the bulbs were OK. I then...
Back
Top Bottom