Search results

1. MCL74

Love Child

good one
  2. MCL74

Yamaha YP-701 or Rega RP1?

That's a beauty ! I wound up passing along the YP 701 and amp to my friend and neighbor when he was locked up in quarantine this spring.In a strange twist of fate all 3 owners of the system sat around listening to it ....45 years later!
  3. MCL74

Love Child

An Altec 15 and a reference 3A where sitting around a nice old tube amp drinking red wine and listening to Europe 72 by the Dead. By side 5 the two speakers find themselves in a passionate embrace and from this unholy union a love child springs forth....... What do they name the "new" speaker?
  4. MCL74

Ongoing Pioneer PL-530 project

Thanks for the thread. A friend has just inherited this deck from his father as well as 1200 albums. He for sentimental reasons wants to make it work. i for sentimental reasons want to help him. will let you know how it goes
  5. MCL74

Went with a Denon 103r cartridge from CAM. It's on it's way. Any thoughts on the best protractor for a YP 701 alignment?
  6. MCL74

Thanks Reydelaplaya. Again really appreciate the info. Will keep you posted.
  7. MCL74

Thanks for the great info. Kinda figured I was missing something:) Have you any experience /input on using a Denon DL 103 with this turntable? I have a Jolida phono stage that can be adjusted down to 0.25mV input feeding a Jolida 502 tube amp this can then go on to either a pair of Altec 15's...
  8. MCL74

Just "inherited" a YP 701 and I have kinda fallen for it. Looking to upgrade the cartridge and found this thread. The manual for the 701 says to use a cartridge between 11g and 27g. From what I can tell the DL 110 weighs only 4.5g?
Back
Top Bottom