Search results

1. Chaulk61

Speaker Recommendation

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention I have three cats, so the Vandersteen would not work. I will look more into the Tekton - Lore may work , however I am a little reluctant to buy from a internet only dealer. I have a set of high efficiency stand mounts from a internet dealer that...
  2. Chaulk61

Speaker Recommendation

Hi: I am thinking of new (or used) speakers: Room size: 27’ x 15’ Amp: Musical Paradise single ended tube 2 x 15W CD : Cambridge 650C Turntable: Rega rp1 Tuner: Pioneer TX 9100 Listen to mainly chamber, symphonic, and piano music with a dash of jazz and pop. Low to moderate listening volume...
  3. Chaulk61

Yamaha CA -800 Circuit Board

I ended up doing just that and have got it working. And a distinguished AK member has a replacement board for me as well.
  4. Chaulk61

The bottom right corner was completely snapped off. I have glued it back together, and resoldered the broken circuits. I tried it out, and it did fix the “no sound at all “ problem, but unfortunately I did mess something up , as now it blasts distortion when I turn the amp on, even with the...
  5. Chaulk61

CR-420 right channel issues

Yep.......perfect fit....and only took two days to get from Texas to Hamilton, Ontario. Great service from Mouser.
  6. Chaulk61

New relay arrived......soldered it in.....I am currently listening to two clear channels....woo hoo ! Thanks again for the help on my first repair
  7. Chaulk61

According to the service manual it is # NA 06503 but it looks more like 06680 written on the board....though it is not very clear.
  8. Chaulk61

I am trying to fix a CA - 800. It has a broken rear panel circuit board which I am attempting to repair, but this may be beyond my limited skill set. Other than e-bay, which I am monitoring, is there anywhere where else I can look for a used one to replace it? Thanks
  9. Chaulk61

Thanks avionic and electone......a new relay is on its way.
  10. Chaulk61

I have the same issue on my 420.....channels cut in and out when tapping on the relay. However, on mine , it does the same thing when using headphones. Does this rule out the relay as the problem?
  11. Chaulk61

CR-420 with left channel distortion

Don’t think so, meter seems to work fine for dc offset measurement on the Yamaha .....checked the idling current on another amp I have open beside it and I get a reading on that.
  12. Chaulk61

I am still fiddling with this amp....cleaned contacts etc again and I checked the dc offset and it seemed fine, but when l went to measure idling current, and get readings of 0 on both left and right. How can this be or what am I doing wrong? Red to tp1 - black to tp2 - receiver on for 10 mins...
  13. Chaulk61

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Yamaha cr 820 R: 11.8 L: 11.6 But I went to measure idling current, and get readings of 0 on both left and right. How can this be or what am I doing wrong? Red to tp1 - black to tp2 - receiver on for 10 mins, speakers off, aux selected, vol at Minimum
  14. Chaulk61

The one in my cr 420 has writing on the cover, so I was curious if the one pictured may have been a replacement. At any rate, I sprayed all the switches/controls that I could access and if anything I made it worse.....the distortion is now more pronounced with the tuner ( which was the one...
  15. Chaulk61

Does this relay look new?
  16. Chaulk61

Will do. I am a rookie at this - is there a way to clean the push button switches without taking the switches apart? Spray deoxit in from the front?
  17. Chaulk61

I have similar issue with a cr 820 I just got. Distortion in right speaker. Very noticeable using aux and tape inputs, a little less with phono and hardly noticeable using tuner. Distortion goes away using headphones if both a and b speakers are turned off. The unit is very clean inside and I...
Back
Top Bottom