Search results

1. CoolCanuck

80's Technics Integrated Amps

Thanks Baily. Will have to check the relay area. BTW- it turned on again earlier this evening and ran as if nothing had happened. Strange, as it hasn't started up for like 2 months... it probably knew that I needed my Floyd fixxx... Also started to go down Baily's rabbit hole- just bought...
  2. CoolCanuck

So, my beloved SU-V4X has died. No more of that Iovely great sound coming out of my speakers. No sound comes out of the headphone jack either. Now, when I turn the unit on, first the class A logo light up and the the right orange "safety operation" light starts to flash, then after around 5...
  3. CoolCanuck

STK-0050 replacement for SX-780 and others

Peter, can you get me a set of these boards please?
  4. CoolCanuck

OK, I checked both of the little fuses near the relay and these are both good. I was able to open the relay today after getting over my angst to do so... cleaned both of the contacts. It appears to operate just fine. I found one solder pad connecting R375 to TH301 had lifted from the PCB...
  5. CoolCanuck

Back about a year ago, I posted re some issues on my Technics SU-V4K (Post 229-231). I've looked over the PCB from both sides, but have not been able to find a loose solder joint. I used DeOxit on the switches / pots (sprayed it in through the little openings Unfortunately, today the right...
  6. CoolCanuck

STK-0050 replacement for SX-780 and others

Do you have any of these boards left? Looking for a pair for my Technics SU-V4K...
  7. CoolCanuck

Thanks. Will have to open it up in the next days, as time permits. What do you think of the wire wrapped components- should I spray clean (or wipe with alcohol), then solder ; or just leave them as is? The speaker protection relay beside D602 // R609? Are there a lot of bogus STK8050 's...
  8. CoolCanuck

Hi guys 'n gals... been visiting this site more and more lately and decided that I'd better join the group. I've owned a bunch of Technics audio components that I had bought in the early-mid '80's whilst I was stationed in Germany. Started off with a SU-V4 amp with the peak-hold power meter...
Back
Top Bottom