Search results

1. A

New plastic domes for POLYDOME K

Looking at the bay the other day and I noticed a seller selling new plastic domes for the polydome k. Clear very flexible plastic domes to repair polydomes with. There is also that guy gluing new black paper domes on your old polydome for $85 too much IMO but the new plastic domes seem to be...
  2. A

Cambridge Audio 840c needs a new cd drawer belt

Does anyone know if this is a fix I could do myself if I was to get the belt or is it something a repair tech should do. I live in the south of boston area if anyone knows a good repair facility in the area. Thanks
  3. A

Auto Polydomes 3inch

Theres a pair of these on that auction site ....I am wondering if anyone out there knows if they would replace a kappa polydome they look to be an identical match but with a black carbon dome or perhaps the dome could be swapped and placed on an existing polydome magnet if the domes have...
  4. A

Nakamichi Dragon cd & DAC

How do you think these older units would compare to say a Cambridge 840 cd player...Very Different in build quality but they are old by todays standards...Do you think the newer technology would be an improvement especially since the NAK would be triple the price???
  5. A

Kappa series 2 center channel

Quick question...I am currently using one of these as a center channel on my tv ...I have recently acquired another as a spare but am thinking of using both at the same time..I am not sure of the speakers impedance load. My center output is rated at 4 ohms. f I were to use two of these speakers...
  6. A

Heads up Beta's on the bay

If anyone is interested there is a beautiful pair of IRS Beta's on the bay for sale. They seem to be in perfect condition too. As Usual Not Mine ,but I wish I had a room big enough for a 2 column speaker system. I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that the k-9 is about the biggest my...
  7. A

Technics sb k-40 ? Speaker

I found my very first pair of speakers in my basement the other day, I took the grills off to see the condition of the drivers and they look as new. I don't see any surrounds on any of the drivers. These are 3 way 12" woofer 4 " mid and 3 " tweeter. I am thinking of maybe using them for rears...
  8. A

???? Nak cd 4

Anyone out there know what this is worth in good working condition???
  9. A

Fyi

Infinity epsilons and rs2 on the bay.....Just incase anyone is interested...The usual..Not Mine. But I would like to see an aker getem
  10. A

Used Kappa 9's

FYI Just spotted a pair of Kappa 9's on Walnut Creek California's Craiglist GOING CHEAP>>>>NOT MINE but I hope someone here snags them....If I were closer I would......Worth more for parts alone!!!
  11. A

Balanced vs unbalanced

I have recently purchased a Cambridge Audio 840c cd player it has both balanced xlr and unbalanced rca output connections in back....From the reviews I have read it is slightly better using the balanced outputs. My question is my system / preamp is only unbalanced rca If I were to use an...
  12. A

Marantz SA8003 or Cambridge audio 740-840

Has anyone out there heard these players both look like quality machines though the marantz is less $$ ? Just looking for opinions from people who know as I may be forced to make a change in the future.....
  13. A

MSB Technology Link DAC III

Just wondering...I am new to the dac thing and came across this MSB Technology Link DAC III for sale at $200.....I know it went for more when new but how does this dac compare with newer ones now available and would it be a fair deal at $200
  14. A

Tubed dac or not

Kind of like the tube idea but has anyone out there heard the Maverick and a Beresford Caiman that could possible shed some sort of comparison? They are almost the same price but very different designs???? Curious about the sound quality?? Or are there better dacs out there for a little more...
  15. A

New DAC....Like the idea of TUBES!!

I was thinking of getting a new dac if my new to me cd player ever gets straightened out. I love the idea of using tubes to smooth out the digital cd's. I see there are many out there and was wondering if some of you would suggest some of the dacs you have experience with. Looking for a good...
  16. A

Enlightened Audio Desings DSP 7000 DAC

I am wondering in anyone out there has one of these. I have seen a couple of used ones for sale and am curious. I know they were highly regarded when they came out but that was in the 90's. Would I be better off spending 4-500 on one of these or save the money and buy a newer model dac. Reviews...
  17. A

Maverick tube magic DAC1

Just noticed a thread on this sorry
  18. A

This is the mother of all cd players!!!

On the bay Nakamichi Dragon cd player and DAC ( Not Mine ) Unfortunatly and way out of my price league...This is one beautiful piece of machinery. I hear the sound quality is unmatched!! Heres the link its only up on the bay for 2 more hours...
  19. A

Nak Dragon on the bay!!

Not mine way out of my price league!! Looks nice no cart though!!
  20. A

Newbie tube question

I have a tubed DAC that uses either 6922 or 6DJ8 tubes, Either one is specified by the manufacturer. My question...What would the difference be between the two? & How long before I should change the tubes out ( I have never changed them, 2 yrs now ) Thanks
  21. A

Infinity RS-1 on the bay

Not mine...They look great...All original come with crossover....I wish I had a bigger house I would buy them in a minute...Unfortunatly only have room for one tower for each side....and can't possibly fit two:tears:
  22. A

New life for my Dead Denon

I sure am glad to be a member here. I had purchased a Denon 3560 cd player that supposedly worked fine but when I got it this was not the case. I had high hopes for this top of the line player. After about a day of listening bliss the laser had started to die. Eventually the player just would...
  23. A

Dead Denon 2560 Fix or buy better Denon

As you can tell I have a dead denon 2560 cd player ...I am torn between fixing this one or just buying a 3560 that is in good condition. Does anyone know what the 3560 is worth? I know the laser is the same and it goes for $150 used. I am debating fixing my 2560 with a new laser and possibly...
  24. A

New old stock Sony mdr v6

I just picked up a pair of these new in box old stock headphones for $58.00 with shipping......Any thoughts on these ( Good or bad ) and did I score or get hosed??? Thanks Augy
  25. A

If you had your choice Nak PA-7 Or Sae 2401

If you had your choice between these two great vintage amps ( Nakamichi PA-7 or a SAE 2401 ) which one would you go with???
Back
Top Bottom