Search results

1. caddisgeek

Caddisgeeks new room

Well I've been here for 6 years and it's about time for me to show off my system I'm moving into a new house and finally have a room big enough for my big JBL's (some of you may remember them from this thread http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222390) A little while back 70's...
  2. caddisgeek

Infinity RSb and vintage Yamaha amplification?

Hi, I have a line on a Yamaha CR800 receiver that I plan to pair with my RSb's. Anyone have experience with this combo (or similar), or even an opinion to throw in? Any comments would be appreciated
  3. caddisgeek

Cartridge alignment tools

Hi All, just wondering what cartridge alignment tools you were using. Up until now I've been using the basic protractors, but lately I've been thinking about one of the fancy mirror doohickeys what are you using?
  4. caddisgeek

Goldring 1042 or Ortfon 2M Bronze

Afternoon all, a quick question. I'm looking at replacing my old DL160 and have currently lined up the above two options (I have a line on both, second hand can be had cheaply with low hours). Will be mounted on a Rega RB250, modded with Incognito silver rewire and Mitchell Techno weight...
  5. caddisgeek

Arcam Alpha 9 CDP Service Manual

Hi All, I recently picked up an Arcam Alpha 9 CD player with bulging caps and a buzzing noise, anyone out there know where I can pick up a service manual?
  6. caddisgeek

MC for Crown SL-2?

Hi All, I've just recently purchased a Crown SL-2 preamp and have noticed that the phono pre has adjustable gain, anyone know if this is suitable for MC carts such as the Denon DL 103? Cheers Steve
  7. caddisgeek

Flexy Rack for TT?

Morning all, hopefully someone out there can help me with a question. I'm going thorugh some upgrades with my system and gave decided its time for a proper rack, problem is, I'm a tightwad, so I'm looking at building one of those flexy racks My problem is that in the instructions on the TNT...
  8. caddisgeek

DL301 or DL301R

The title pretty much sums it up, I have a new amp on the way (Audiolab 8000a, replacing my Quad 44) which has MM and MC phono inputs. My trusty old Denon DL160 has quite few km's on the clock, it would be at least 5 or 6 years old now (and I think I've dropped it more than once :nono:) so it's...
  9. caddisgeek

Best VTA for RB250?

Hi all. I've lined up a Rega RB250 tonearm (modded) and was wondering if anyone has any experience on the various VTA adjusters out there, and their opinions Cheers Steve
  10. caddisgeek

New Crossover for JBL S8R help please!

New Crossover for S8R Olympus Hey all, I’m after some advice on upgrading the crossovers on my JBL S8R Olympus speakers. The current crossovers are LX5 and N7000, but it don’t want to recap and they are sealed and I’d rather keep them as they are. I’ve found this proposed network for a single...
  11. caddisgeek

Allow me to reintroduce myself

Hi all, I'm not new but have been away from AK for quiet a bit, some of you may remember me, most will not. I've been prompted recently to poke my nose back in. I won't be able post as much as before as I'm going to be real busy until the end of January 2013, but I have a couple of projects in...
  12. caddisgeek

My new to me JBL's

So there’s this second hand store near where I work that sells all manner of music related items form music to LP’s and CD’s, instruments, merch and audio gear. I pop in there usually at least once a week on my lunchtime thrift shopping and often pick up something cool. What I like best about...
  13. caddisgeek

calling Ray Charles experts

Hi all, anyone out there thing they know all there is to know about Ray Charles' discography? I'm after some info about an LP I picked up today It's titled "Stompin' with Ray Charles", an Australian only release (picked that up on the liner notes) on Atlantic. I beleive it was released to...
  14. caddisgeek

Been waiting 20 years...

..... and yesterday I saw Iggy and the Stooges. :banana: I never thought it would happen I only cried a little bit :D
  15. caddisgeek

Dada Electronics Quad upgrade kits

Hi all, I have a Quad 44 preamp which I'm sure is ready for a freshen up. I've seen these kits here from Dada Electronics http://www.dadaelectronics.eu/shop/quad-upgrade-kits/quad-44-mki-diy-upgrade-and-revision-kit-deluxe-opa604 anybody used one of these, if so how did they find it? Easy...
  16. caddisgeek

What is best reissue of Sticky Fingers?

Morning all, After years of trying to find a decent vinyl copy (I have three warped and scratched shitty sounding Australian pressings) of the 2nd best rock'n'roll album ever made I give up. Well, not completeley, but I am willing to settle for a digital version for the time...
  17. caddisgeek

70salesguy

Big thanks to 70SG for helping me finally aquire some amplification more suitable for my JBL's. Top bloke in every sense :thmbsp: Cheers
  18. caddisgeek

Counterpoint headphone amp - info please

Hi All, I just purchased a Counterpoint Chai headphone amp, and cannot find any info on it apart from this http://www.audiophile.com.au/product_counterpoint.html I can't find much at all on the company, anyone have soem info? Cheers Steve
  19. caddisgeek

One for the GT-2000 lovers

GT-2000x http://hifido.co.jp/KW/G0301/P0/A10/E/0-50/S0/C10-50619-58138-00/ serious looking piece of kit
  20. caddisgeek

Nice garage sale haul, mostly jazz

I was out doing a few jobs this morning and chanced upon a garage sale, I thought I'd pop in and have a quick look. About an hour later after going through about 2000 LP's I came up with the following Dave Brubeck Quartet "Jazz at Pacific College" Svend Asmussen "Skol!" "Satchmo at...
  21. caddisgeek

Realistic power meter, how do I hook it up?

I just picked up a Realistic APM 300 power meter. Can anyone tell me how to hook this up. Do I put it in line between the speakers and amp? (no out only in though) Or do hook both the meter and speakers into the same outputs, or do I hook the meter up to the B outlets? Any advice would be...
  22. caddisgeek

Anybody got "Valleys of Neptune" yet?

Just bought the "new" Hendrix on my lunch break, have to wait till I get home for a listen :grumpy: Will report back tomorrow on my thoughts anyone else got it yet?
  23. caddisgeek

What amp drives your Infinities?

Hi All, Just wondering, what does everyone here drive their Infinities with?
  24. caddisgeek

That was very cool indeed

Just watched a mates sister win gold in the freestyle aerials at Vancouver Good work Lydia!:tresbon:
  25. caddisgeek

Yamaha KX-393 Score

As some of you know my K-960 has recently developed problems, leaving me without a decent deck for recording. I must be doing somthing right because as I was on my lunchtime walk (I go for a walk every lunchtime, as I sit on my arse all day, anmd there are a bunch of thrifts/second hand storeand...
Back
Top Bottom