Search results

1. T

Sansui 990 receiver protector flashing red.

Don't have a dbt if that is a dim bulb tester.i have a multimeter. You can't check dc volts at the speaker outs if won't come out of protection or can I ? And you can't check dc volts at speaker outs or set bias with driver board out and receiver on or can I ?
  2. T

Yes unit comes out of protection with driver board out. Can't check or set bias if it won't come out of protection except with driveroard out.
  3. T

Replaced 10 fuseable resistors reinstalled driver board No go still flashing red. Pulled the driver board back out and checked as much as I could and noted at least 7 resistors with open links. ( not fuseable ones )Now what to do ? Do you guys think a driver transistor shorted out taking the...
  4. T

Went back to Digikey and ordered the flame proof Vishay BC metal flim resistors. They were there just didn't see them the first time Thanks all.
  5. T

Will I have to check the DC volts and adjust bias on VR-1 Tru 4 ?
  6. T

Will I have to check the DC volts and adjust bias on VR-1 Tru 4 ?
  7. T

Might have been looking at metal foil ?
  8. T

Ordered 10 resistors from Digakey didn't have the foil ones in stock so ordered the carbon ones. Hope that's ok. 2 10 ohm 1\2 w. 2 22 ohm 1\2 w 2 390 ohm 1\2 w and 4 4.7 ohm 1\2 w. Now we wait. Thanks LBPete.
  9. T

Must have taken it out of service for a reason. Been stored 25 years But can't remember. Haven't tested output nor am sure I can with the ? With the driver board removed to keep from going in protection mode. Will recheck the fuseables to see if they are in spec.
  10. T

Help with my Sansui 990 receiver. Been sitting idle 25 years. Plulled it out powered up and protector flashes red. Someone told me to pull driver board and check fuseable resistors. Pulled the driver board out and powered up red red green came out of protection mode. Thought I was on to...
Back
Top Bottom