Search results

1. Rotoplooker

Another speaker project - Wharfedale TSR 112.2 in need of help !

OP has second variation of the 112, the 112.2. IIRC there are a few differences but are similar sounding. 112 as posted by The Fuxtor are original series and have different bass drivers as well as 6 ohm impedance, the OP has 112.2 which is the next version and an 8 ohm model. They also replaced...
  2. Rotoplooker

Accuphase P-250 schematic needed

Did you ever get your P-250 schematic and get it working? What was the problem if so?
  3. Rotoplooker

Hello, I am a long time owner of an Accuphase E-202 and am in the process of buying a P-250...

Hello, I am a long time owner of an Accuphase E-202 and am in the process of buying a P-250. Checking in to confirm these are still available and if you need to know version/serial numbers of either amp.
  4. Rotoplooker

Heart DreamBoat Annie

Check the deadwax. They are likely the same, so condition dependant. My take is go for the one that plays best. Theoretically, the CDN copy may play quietest as a lot of US vinyl of this era were hit with the oil embargo crisis and big companies compromised vinyl purity.
  5. Rotoplooker

CEC Turntable Owner - come to this this thread

Coming to this thread as I just picked up an old CEC ST520. I sold this very model back in 1980. I was in audio retail and sold CEC turntables back in the day, from about 1980 to 1984. They were surprisingly reliable and we sold lots. As a matter of fact, they had a higher feature and cost vs...
  6. Rotoplooker

Sansui G3300 amp protection light won't shut off

Hi Sansui gang, Long time member, first time poster to the Exclusively Sansui board. I just found out my old friend passed away and was just talking to his son, who inherited his dad's stereo. My friend had been ill for quite some time and gave his stereo to his son some 10-15 years or more...
  7. Rotoplooker

klipsc la scala date codes?

OK, I'll thank you on behalf of the OP. What's the legend for decoding the Klipsch date codes?
  8. Rotoplooker

Gillian Welch on vinyl

Soul Journey is a revelation on vinyl. It's spooky how good it sounds. Next stop: The Harrow And The Harvest.
  9. Rotoplooker

Why No Love For Technics 1200 By Audio Stores and Audiophiles?

A Project Debut platter rings like a bell. A 1200 platter does not.
  10. Rotoplooker

Klaudio kd-cln-lp200 experience and machine cleaning suggestions

Nice review, thanks for posting. Would love to see the screen pictures.
  11. Rotoplooker

Ortofon 2M Black Cartridge review

I posted this on someone else's thread on another site but now feel I should have just started my own. So here goes. Opinions are my own but I welcome discussion. So I spent 2 hours mounting my new Ortofon Black over the weekend. All the conditions were right: No kids, no girlfriend and we...
  12. Rotoplooker

Any Harbeth users here? What speaker and what amp?

I moved my Harbeth C7ES3 from a restored Accuphase integrated in a dedicated sound treated room and dragged them up into my living room on my second system consisting of a nice table and a junky little mid-fi Luxman R113 receiver. And they still sounded glorious. I eventually added an Adcom...
  13. Rotoplooker

Perplexed by inability to wet-clean marks off of records, using...

That kind of looks like pressing damage or post pressing damage. Sorry if it's already been said but do you recall it not playing that way? Otherwise, it might be possible that it was subjected to pressure during storage or transportation, etc., possibly even while in the jacket.
  14. Rotoplooker

Simple Mach 1 project went off the rails... a bit.

Love that basement workshop! How old is the house?
  15. Rotoplooker

Harbeth Speakers

I have Harbeth C7ES3 and I have developed a real love for what they do. I'll try to make this very long story very short. Keep in mind that this revelation took place gradually over the course of a couple of years. I own a number of speakers and my go to for many years were a late 70's/early...
  16. Rotoplooker

Upgrade bug.... thinking about Harbeth

I love my Harbs but I think the C7ES3 are going to have a more neutral presentation than those 3 way ADS. it's been 10 years since I heard the 630's but I did sell the entire ads line back in the 90's. Nice speaker.
  17. Rotoplooker

Totally committed to the 50 bucks.

Totally committed to the 50 bucks.
  18. Rotoplooker

Wanting to improve Wharfedale TSR 110's

Those are definitely electrolytics.
  19. Rotoplooker

Original Paradigm Atoms

I have a set of these 1st gen Atoms. Pretty much all of them will require a refoam on the woofers. Kits can be had off the bay for cheap. Really nice speaker. Mine are white.
  20. Rotoplooker

Wanting to improve Wharfedale TSR 110's

Great speakers. I posted a Wharfedale TSR 110.2 overhaul project here about 10 years ago. Try searching for it, it might prove helpful. I replaced all the electrolytics with good quality Solens as well as replaced the OEM tweeter level pots which had become too noisy. I love these speakers and...
  21. Rotoplooker

Advice needed...Harbeth,Neumann,Revel?

It's been almost 6 months...so, how are the speakers..working out for you?
  22. Rotoplooker

Problem with my Rega P3-24

Glad to hear. Sometimes the path of least resistance is the path to take. Enjoy that Rega table!
  23. Rotoplooker

Thorens TD165 / TP-11 anti skate.

Very cool. If you have difficulty with the string and weight, I've noticed the Project tables seem to use the same setup. You might be able to buy those parts for little $$.
  24. Rotoplooker

Hum only when playing lp at high volume. please help

Turn off your speakers and listen via headphones. If it's not there, it's feedback and you need to isolate your turntable and speakers better. Or at the very least, move your speakers further away from the table.
  25. Rotoplooker

Problem with my Rega P3-24

I doubt a P3-24 really needs a relube. Most likely it's just the belt IMHO. Remove it and wash it it in warm soapy water, dry in a paper towel. Clean the pulley guide and subplatter rim with isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip and reassemble gingerly, so as to minimize the amount of oils transferred...
Back
Top Bottom