Search results

1. mccalljd

vac-o-rec rubber roller-where can i find replacement part?

The bristles are mohair so I don't see how they could possibly scratch anything. Still using the vac-o-rec and a Watts Parastat, and my records look great with no scratches.
  2. mccalljd

Calling all Realistic SA-2000 Owners

Thank you so much for the explanation. It confirms what I thought might be the right way to do things. I'll give it a shot. Again, my thanks,
  3. mccalljd

Thanks for that, but I'm not sure exactly what they mean by "with the speaker output at 2.82v RMS at 1kZ." Does that mean I hook a speaker up to it while making the adjustment? How do I generate 1kZ? Where are the test points for the voltmeter?
  4. mccalljd

I did clean it-very little dust. I could replace caps, but I don't know much about setting the bias. I'm not sure what equipment I would need to use to measure it with.
  5. mccalljd

I recently bought a Realistic SA-2000 amp, one I have wanted since it first came out but could never afford. so far it's been great, but I have a question for those who onwn this amp. It seems to put off a lot of heat, even when simply being used for the television. My SA-1000 and SA-1000A...
  6. mccalljd

vac-o-rec rubber roller-where can i find replacement part?

I've used one for years and my records are as pristine as when I bought them new. Anyone telling you the small mylar "fingers" damaged their records is spouting nonsense. It works great on new records, but of course it won't remove embedded dirt on old dirty records.
  7. mccalljd

Pioneer PL-520

If I remember correctly, 1979.
  8. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

The voltage in Korea is 220V. Assuming that the voltage switch does like most and halves the voltage when flipped to the lower scale, it should be 110V for the units, meaning our 115-120V should not be much of a problem.
  9. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

I am amazed at the number of external fuses on this setup. Ten, between the three pieces. The capacitors are all Samhwa caps, a Korean manufacuturer that seems to make capacitors exclusively.
  10. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

As promised, some pics of the cassette deck.
  11. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

That is the one part that doesn't impress me much. If turned up much past mid-way, it distracts more than it adds to the listening pleasure.
  12. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

It sounds comparable to my Realistic SA-2000 amp, which I like a lot.
  13. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

Not sure yet. There's something intriguing about the old style black buttons. Sort of like an old Sansui back when they and others used the black pushbuttons. Plus, it's such an oddity I almost hate to part with it.
  14. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

That's not the back panel on my unit. I cleaned mine.
  15. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

Here is the inside of the tuner. Not terribly impressive. Looks rather empty, but they used the same shell as the amp to house the tuner, so there was a lot of room left. The dial was a bit creaky feeling before I sprayed it with some dry lube.
  16. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

I was concerned about that at first until I saw this. And the guy had been using it over here for years on our voltage.
  17. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

Here are a couple of pics of the back of the unit.
  18. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

I'll take some more pic showing the back this weekend.
  19. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

All the non-English markings on the back are Korean. I'm not so sure a military PX in Korea would source Russian goods.
  20. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

I will try to post pics of the cassette deck. The record player was so pathetic I can't imagine it was made by the same company as the amp. I pitched it almost as soon as I got it home and had a good look at it. Heavily built and made to mimic a decent table, but the tonearm came with a crappy...
  21. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

No manuals and no info anywhere on the web. Supposedly 120 watts, but whether that's true RMS watts or peak, I don't know. The tuner is fairly heavy, but I haven't been inside it yet. When I do, I will post pics. I suspect it could use a re-cap. With a simple dipole antennae, it brings in...
  22. mccalljd

Odd Duck or Rare Bird?

Here's something I bet no one on this fourm has ever seen, other than when I posted about it several years ago. Six or seven years ago, I answered a Craigslist ad because I thought a gentleman had a good fixer-upper turntable he had bundled with his stereo system. When I got there, the...
  23. mccalljd

Stanton 681EEE and PL-518 advice

Forgot to mention, if you have the old stylus brush, replace the new brush with the old one. The new brushes are not as good as the original Stanton brushes.
  24. mccalljd

Stanton 681EEE and PL-518 advice

The one critical factior would be the overhang (not to say other alignment considerations aren't important). Just remember the stylus tip has to be 49 mm from the tip to the backside of the rubber washer on the headshell where it plugs into the tonearm. Everything else you can eyeball...
Back
Top Bottom