Search results

1. gelmhirst

Lets See All Them Axes

Regretted selling my PRS CE22 bolt on, flamed top with dragon II 's (to fund an amp upgrade…), so found a local Standard 22 with Dragon II's, a Goldtop this time, use it with a Fender Blues JR and a Dunlop Super Badass distortion pedal. It is a badass trio.
  2. gelmhirst

The search is over!

Looking good, be prepared to hear your entire collection of music for the first time.
  3. gelmhirst

McIntosh solidstate on Klipsch Cornwall III

Robert, what's your source material been in both examples and whats your cabling?
  4. gelmhirst

McIntosh in the House - Yippeee!

That's a great amp. Nice clean rack going on at your place.
  5. gelmhirst

Pics of your listening space

Nice ASR integrated :drool:
  6. gelmhirst

2010 Jetta passenger weight how much, too much

Ridiculous. And how would she know/did she know one of the wheels was spinning at a standstill. I'm assuming someone was standing outside the vehicle saying, "hey one of your wheels is still spinning".....hmm
  7. gelmhirst

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Had a Benz Micro LO4 installed on my 1200mkII this weekend. I'm enjoying it more and having more fun than the Clearaudio Performance SE with a Maestro cart I just sold.....incredible.
  8. gelmhirst

External power supply for turntables

I've had success using and hearing the difference of an external power supply with a previous DAC. For turntable use I noticed on the KAB website they offer an external power supply for turntable use. I'm not having much luck finding that many external power supplies for tt's. What are you guys...
  9. gelmhirst

Audiophile Turntable??

YEP...if you like music, enjoy vinyl playback and have a turntable that sounds satisfying to you, then you have an audiophile turntable. Any more thought than that prepare to go mental....and broke!
  10. gelmhirst

brichter, Simple Green yes but only a dish type soap. Smaller store and wife was in a hurry....no TR3 though, bet a bigger 'crappy tire' would have it!
  11. gelmhirst

Butch, I first looked for brichter's TR3 and Simple Green at a smaller local Canadian Tire but with no success, so went next door to a Wallmart and found Weimen's Heavy Duty glass cook top cleaner. Similar consistency to Maas metal polish cleaner but with a rubbing type compound component to it...
  12. gelmhirst

Anyone know how to decode the serial #'s? My 'new' one is AG7918F115..according to the KAB date checker the A stands for the month of Jan? 1979 though?
  13. gelmhirst

Butch, great idea, I'll check it out, thx.
  14. gelmhirst

Klipsch heresy ii with a small corner nick....HELP

You beat me to it, I came back to further edit my remark and remove the word hate, I was kidding of course but wanted to make sure I wasn't taken seriously, what a riot!
  15. gelmhirst

My first SET amp.

Looks like a Howard Hughes edition! Like it a lot.
  16. gelmhirst

The crayons are essentially wax, you can 'build or pack out" the filler as you need it, to get into the nooks and crannies etc. Once you 'fill' it in, the strength of the dried filler will prevent further injury. The higher quality crayon the better, beware of cheap 2.99 alternatives. p.s. I...
  17. gelmhirst

Find a mainstream local hardwood floor store and see if they have the wax crayons their service staff use for warranty jobs for sticks of flooring, hardwood stair risers and treads sort of thing. We used the crayons on stairs a lot after home owners would move in and gouge the stair treads with...
  18. gelmhirst

brichter, I'll try your ideas before I break out the sandpaper, good ideas. Thanks for providing the options. My fear wet sanding is I take off whatever exterior factory finish there is, and the final uneven finish looks even worse. Thx again, Greg
  19. gelmhirst

Has anyone heard of using wet sanding, starting with 1000 grit paper, to remove or cut through more stubborn oil staining left on the surface deck of our 1200's? So far I've used automotive wax and Maas metal polish. Some success based on the crud that was removed but I still see a healthy...
  20. gelmhirst

No experience myself with anything above the mkII, but as far as weapons of choice go I recently sold my Clearaudio Performance SE and I am just as satisfied with the 1200mkII's performance!!
  21. gelmhirst

You got a screaming deal at 150.00, nice score.
  22. gelmhirst

Thanks Rob, it looks like an automotive wax product yes? Good idea. I'm in Toronto too, I'll go to Cdn Tire today. My last 1200 set the bar pretty high, it was mint. This one is rough. Getting a wicked buzz off the phono this morning as I fiddle around setting the anti skate and tonearm...
  23. gelmhirst

I picked up another 1200mkII tonight, (seller was calling it black and to my surprise when I picked it up it was the same grey as my last one, which is amazing as that is my preference). My question has to do with cleaning the finish of the main deck. It has very heavy what appears to be...
  24. gelmhirst

Sherlock Holmes Owns Mac - Elementary !

No kidding, I agree. It's a great show.
  25. gelmhirst

What is the Maximum sample rate of McIntosh MX119 DAC?

Thanks for your help Ron
Back
Top Bottom