Search results

1. pastic

Alternative 8V 60mA indicator lamp

See poll. The specs for the lamp to be replaced is 8V 60mA.
  2. pastic

My first Marantz 2226B (Help with knobs, please?)

Nice job! Is that with new LEDs or new lamps?
  3. pastic

2226B : crackles when powering on

You have convinced me to address the power switch. I looked at a few youtube videos and it is definitely arcing noise that I hear, which then settles after a short while. I have the European model (N-type of S001) so it has a different power switch than the US version, and comes with two caps...
  4. pastic

[post deleted] contained incorrect assumptions as basis for question
  5. pastic

I have not yet taken any action on the power switch, but I wanted to address a big 'thank you' to everyone who participated in this thread. All music destroying crackles seem to be gone after the cleaning of the pots, I have listened for at last four hours today and not heard a single crack. On...
  6. pastic

Yes! Well, not really flicker, but unstable light intensity while the noise is occurring during power-on, and at the same moment as the noise disappears the lights gain full intensity and stay stable. Also as soon as I depress the power switch to turn off the noise appears - note that this is as...
  7. pastic

(Yikes, this is fun but I can't afford another hobby...) I cleaned the potmeters for the big knobs (according to instructions in the thread The Idiot's Guide to Using DeOxit) and tried to inject some product in the power-on push switch. I don't know if I am fooling myself but I have the...
  8. pastic

We don't have Deoxit readily available here in Sweden. Only one audiophile online seller who wants around 45 dollars for it. A more readily available alternative seems to be Taerosol PRF 6-68 for cleaning and PRF 7-78 for lubrication. The former contains naphta and is seems to have good...
  9. pastic

Hello, Yesterday I picked up my first Marantz, a 2226B from a second hand store. I payed 65 euros with option to return in five days if I am not satisfied. I love the sound, but am fearing it may be defective. I have never restored vintage electronics, so I wonder if I just ought to return it...
Back
Top Bottom