Search results

1. P

Been a while since here

Hi All; Been a while since I've been here and a few changes in the set up Last year, FINALLY bought a new CD player and got a Denon DCD 600ne to which I absolutely love I also found a Marantz 1070 and now my reference amp, basically a stock amp with some repalced parts through Ring Audio here...
  2. P

Mac Mini m1

Hi all; So wondering who here has a Mac Mini M1 Just got mine 2 months ago and really like it My main complaint is no optical output or 192Khz as in my 2015 MacBook Pro Got a work around for that as use my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd generation mic preamp at 192khz, DRASTIC improvement over...
  3. P

Is there a Mac Mini M1 thread??

Hi All; I'm expecting delivery of a new Mac Mini M1 Maxed out the memory at 16GB and a 1TB hard drive Looking for a thread on this and hope to find one as many plans for this Thanks so much
  4. P

Radio Shack Accurian Amplifier as headphone amp

Hey all; I have a Radio Shack Accurian amplifier that I want to rresurect as a headphone amp Problem, no headphone jack Suggestions as it could be a great amp for such a project using both high and low impedance headphones I am a complete klutz in building an adapter and note the old 'Can...
  5. P

Denon DCD-600NE CD player

Hi all; I am looking at the Denon DCD 600E CD player. Does anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it as it seems excellent value for money in Canada I truly wished I had bought the Onkyo 7030, but it now costs $100 more than a year ago Currently using a Pioneer DV490 DVD...
  6. P

BeyerDynamic DT150 400 ogm with Marzanzt 2230

Hi all So I have a a vintage Marantz 2230 receiver and looking at a pair of BeyerDynamic DT150 400 ohm headphones Will there be a problem driving these headphones with the Marantz and also looking at the DT 100's as wel Yoyr advice is always greatly appreciated BTW, sorry for the typo in...
  7. P

Newer budget bluray players as cd player/transport and SACD capable

Hi; Much as I would love to have a new dedicated cd player i'm finding the price on budget players getting really high The Onkyo 7030 going for nearly $400 CAD Decided to pull out my super vintage JVC dvd player and take the optical output to my SMSL Samskrit 10 dac While not hires, a very nice...
  8. P

My first REAL dac

So back in June I finally got my first real dac based on what I could afford. An SMSL Sanskrit 10 through Aamzon.ca for $120 Did much research and my gut told me this one. Really love this dac for the money. Current source is the optical output of my Macbook pro to a pair of Presonus 4.5...
  9. P

Question concerning dvd players as cd players

You help is ALWAYS invaluable here so a huge question. I use a dvd player to play cd's with coax out to an SMSL Sanskrit 10 dac and Schitt Magni 3 hedphone amp with One Odio headphones which for the price sound incredible. As I listen to mostly classical music and 80's pop cd's I find that...
  10. P

Thoughts on used cd players??

Hi all; SO, I'm on a budget in Canada for a good used cd player. Most I can afford right now is about $100 and I find dvd players just don't cut it for music cd's as something is missing Living in Toronto, it's really hit and miss to find something decent used. IF I had the money, hands down...
  11. P

Headphones for classical music

Hi all; Okay, may have posted this early, so please update where needed. Looking at new headphones. Listen to all types of classical music on cd mostly and 80's pop Current cans are a pair of Sennheiser HD280Pro. When NOT using my Marantz 2230, I use a Schitt Mahni 3 Source is a JVC XV511BK...
  12. P

Tube vs solid state outboard phono preamps

Hi All; i`m completely planning to redesign my audio around headphone listening and that includes records. I have something I`m thinking about and may be a bit odd. Here`s my school of thought, if irecalll, most vinyl went solid state in the mid to late 1960`s and tubes prior yesÉÉ SO why...
  13. P

Powered monitors

SO, i'm not sure if this falls in here so please move where needed. I have a pair of active Presonus Eris e4.5's For what they are and how I use them and price point, they aren't bad. BUT one wonders what would happen if there was a parts upgrade and some cabinet work done. A great little...
  14. P

New generation cd players

So I have a large collection of cd's well over 1000 and pln to continue buying physical media. Looking at new generation cd players and have certainly come a long way. My goal is to put together a headphone based cd listening system around $1-$2.5K Canadian at some point. SCAD is a must in the...
  15. P

Need some ideas here

It's almost certain I will be buying an Emotiva cd transport balanced or unbalanced based on budget, building a pure headphone system, currently using my Scitt Magni 3 and Sennheiser HD280 pro's. I had so people recommend the Topping dac and read an interesting comparison between that and the...
  16. P

Wondering about best external drive as transport for Macbook pro

Hi all; I'm wondering if anyone knows of a BETTER drive than the Mac 'Superdrive' for actually playing cd's without ripping them. Looking for recommendations on a good external drive to be used with the Macbook pro as I'd like to build a playback system for cd's based around that Hope this...
  17. P

New generation 78 rpm tables

Hey all At some point when I get rich again, I want to get back into 78's. I have a Lenco L75 in good shape, BUT I can't help but wonder what a direct drive table would do for 78 reproduction. I note an Audio Technica AT lp120 and it has variable speed like the Lenco. What are your thoughts...
  18. P

New 78 rpm turntables

I've had a huge interest in 78's from the time I was a child with my dad's old recordings. Still have several recordings on 78 and wondering about new generation gear to use, of course the 78 stylus and cartridge combo I'm familiar with as have a Lenco L75 and GE VRII. Stylus made in England by...
  19. P

Verdict on ART DJ PRE

So after 2 weeks of running the ART DJE pre phono preamp, I'd say we have a winner. For what this is and it's price, it's tough to beat. it's tonally neutral and just gives gobs of detail with my Thorens TD160, stock arm and Shure ME95HE cartridge This is running through a Focusrite 8/18 DAC...
  20. P

Record cleaning

Now that I'm listening to records again, BEST EASY, SAFE way to clean lp's please I'm tempted to try the Tight Bond wood glue thing Especially useful to know on those second hand finds Thanks
  21. P

Thorens TD160 page

Hi All; Just wondering now that my Thorens TD160 is back up and running, is there a dedicated page for this table?? Thanks in advance
  22. P

ART DJ PRE II

Hey all; I bit the bullet and bought the ART. Right out of the box NO ISSUES, except silly me, I discovered I had the 'pan settings' in Scarlett mix control in mono and thinking WT.... Fixed that and I'm IMPRESSED So far so good. NO HUM whatsoever, good punchy, dynamic, neutral sound with my...
  23. P

ART DJPRE II Phono Preamp

Hi All; I was reading a post in the ART DJPRE II Phono preamp posted here a while ago For those that posted, how is it stacking up these days. I'm using a Thorens TD160 T/T with a Shure ME95HE cartridge into a Marantz 2230 with the Marantz giving some issues of late. I'd like to archive lp's...
  24. P

Saying hi from Toronto, Canada

Hi all; Was on here a few years back and just haven't been on for a while so reregistered My system is a Marantz 2230 with a Thorens TD160 T/T and shure ME95HE cartridge feeding a pair of Athena S3's and Koss Pro 4AA titanium headphones. Of late my source is a Macbook pro using a Focusrite...
Back
Top Bottom