Search results

1. M

AR-2ax pots vs l-pad

I recently restored a pair of AR-2axs and found my pots to be in questionable condition. So rather than take the chance of putting it all together and having them not work and to save money over buying new pots I purchased and installed l-pads. I've been using the speakers for a couple of months...
  2. M

Technics SL-D3

What are some thoughts on a technics SL-D3 with a Pickering xv-15 cart? I've read some decent stuff and it looks like the Pickering is a decent cart. This will be my first turntable so I have nothing to compare it to.
  3. M

AR EB 101

A local guy is selling an AR EB101 with a blue point cartridge. He said it is well taken care of and by the pictures I believe him, it's very nice looking. He is asking for offers. Any thoughts where I should start?
  4. M

Technics SL-Q2 no 45 speed

This may be difficult to answer since I don't currently have the TT in my possession and am not sure what happened. I am looking to purchase this turn table and the seller says that the 45 setting no longer works. Any ideas as to what may cause this and would it be an expensive fix? Any...
  5. M

Vinyl Mecca?

I was talking to an older fellow today at work and got on the subject of vintage gear and vinyl. He told me of a place in Lafayette, IN, home of Purdue university. This place is huge yet unassuming. My coworker said that he has yet to name a group and album that they don't have. It is called JL...
  6. M

DIY speaker stands.

Sorry, my mistake
  7. M

AR-2ax repair

I am currently bidding on a pair of AR-2ax speakers. My current bid is $27 though I'm sure it will go up before auction is over. I know that they work although I'm not sure if all mids and tweeters work. I know they need re-foamed and the grill material is a bit stained. I know that these...
  8. M

Paradigm 11SE MK3

I understand that the sound of a speaker is somewhat subjective and different people like different speakers for different reasons. I have a chance to get a pair of paradigm 11se mk3s for pretty cheap. Just wanted to know if anyone has owned these and what you thought. Also, paradigm is not a...
  9. M

Feeling humbled

I am suffering system envy after looking at a number of the systems being used by members here. I almost didn't post my system but I think that in the "Bang for Buck" department for a system that is a great compromise between movie surround and music, I've done pretty darn good. Yamaha RX-V661...
  10. M

Onkyo 10-352 tweeter

I have a vintage pair of onkyo fusion av s-89 tower speakers. I can find zero information on them anywhere. I have a tweeter that is not working, P.N. 10-352. I have searched the internet for several days and have found no reference to this number. I can find 10-354, which my towers also have...
Back
Top Bottom