Search results

1. TomB19

List of best cassette decks ?

[snip]
  2. TomB19

Polk RTi A9 - anyone upgrade the crossovers?

Warm up the flame throwers. :D My RTi A9 have beautiful spectral balance and massive power makes them bring the thunder but they are not as pleasant in the mid and high part of the spectrum as some other speakers I have. I won't bother to list the other speakers but a couple of them are...
  3. TomB19

MX-600 / MX-630 -> how similar sounding?

Thank you for the confirmation. Appreciate it.
  4. TomB19

MX-600 / MX-630 -> how similar sounding?

Has anyone compared the MX-600 and the MX-630? I would appreciate comments regarding SQ comparison. The schematics look nearly identical, right down to the components. I've only found a couple of variances on a quick scan. How similar do they sound?
  5. TomB19

I'm trying to find a FLAC copy of a Brazilian band. Any ideas?

I'm looking for a CD or FLAC download of a Brazilian band. I do not speak Spanish or Portugese. Any ideas on vendors for Brazilian music? It's not on HDTracks in any format. The album is available from 7digital in mp3 format. It is probably similar to CD quality but I'm kind of a FLAC snob...
  6. TomB19

3d printed TPU anti-vibe feet

Yes. Heated bed.
  7. TomB19

Here are a couple of more experiments. I added a 1.25" thick granite slab with sorbothane feet. So far, I have tried both with and without the TPU pads. Adding the granite is either the same or a tiny bit better than just the table on sorbothane. If it is better, it's not much. In this...
  8. TomB19

TPU has decent damping characteristics. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0926669020305355 Also, my blocks are substantially softer than the 70 duro sorbothane but I can change the density of my blocks with slicer configuration. At this point, I have no plans to make a...
  9. TomB19

Not sure what to say about slicer settings. The forum won't allow me to upload .3mf files. All I would say it's pretty much what you might expect? Filament = D3D Sigma TPU (Shore 91A) layer height = 0.20 temperature = 228C wall line count = 3 top layers = 4 bottom layers = 3 fan = 40% (I...
  10. TomB19

OK. I just finished some testing of sorbothane (1/2 thick x 1.5" dia x 70 duro) vs 3d printed TPU pucks. For rumble, they were similar. I would need to do a lot more testing to come to a conclusion with regard to rumble but both essentially solve the problem. With regard to skipping when I...
  11. TomB19

Thank you, ripblade. I appreciate the comment. Printer is a mostly stock Creality CR-10S Pro v1. Print job is near perfect but you can see the aligned Z steps. The pads are turned so the z line is at the back. Not much can be done about it. I appreciate your comments on the rack sway. It...
  12. TomB19

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The best D&S album, IMO.
  13. TomB19

I just tried adding a heavy butcher block platform between the soft polyurethane feet and the TT. The idea was ripped off from other setups in this forum. You can see the TPU pads bulging from the weight. It helped a lot. It will still skip on a heavy foot step but is better in every way...
  14. TomB19

Extending phono cables?

If I needed more cable, I would be inclined to swap my table to female RCA jacks, like any other deck, and then use a good quality set of patch cables. My old table has some pretty flimsy wire that I am confident doesn't impact the SQ but looks cheap next to the fat interconnects I use on...
  15. TomB19

As an experiment, I 3d printed some pads out of my softest TPU. I want to say shore 88 but my memory isn't great. I'm having problems after moving the system to a room with a sprung floor. It isn't ideal for a vinyl system. The pads are as squeezy as a slightly moist sponge. They can pinch...
  16. TomB19

Yamaha MX 600/800/1000 (and probably others) RCA repair part

I don't have an enclosure, either. I have a big piece of plastic that I think was originally a wrapper for a new microwave. I drape it over the printer for abs and petg and it works fine.
  17. TomB19

The type of RCA connector used has a solder tab on a washer that is clamped by a nut when the connector is installed. If the material creeps, it will loosen the clamp on the washer and could cause either elevated impedance or a ground disconnect. ABS has the best creep properties, including...
  18. TomB19

Very neat and elegant solution, Rottalpha. Are those the plastic washers that come with the case mount RCA connectors?
  19. TomB19

I designed a part for the purpose of repairing RCA connectors on MX series amps. I have a couple of these amps where the ground sleeve has pulled off the RCA jack when I pulled the RCA cable. This is working fine as a repair part. Print in ABS to minimize creep, turn off the fan, and print as...
  20. TomB19

Would appreciate help identifying these vintage speakers

Thank you, gentlemen. :)
  21. TomB19

Would appreciate help identifying these vintage speakers

Sorry for the frivolity of this post. A friend and I are musing over the brand/model of these speakers from the 1978 film, "FM". Thank you!
  22. TomB19

Resistor load Q

I see there are 500W, 8 ohm, resistors on eBay. I'm going to build this up, as is, and perhaps v 2.0 will use higher power components.
  23. TomB19

Resistor load Q

I picked up a couple of 200W, 8ohm resistors from eBay, several years ago. These resistors predate my ownership of an MX-1000. I thought they would be sufficient. At the time, I tossed them in the parts bin and didn't look at them until a couple of days ago. One is about 8.4 ohm. The other...
  24. TomB19

Soldering sub board connectors on MX series

I thought about the AIXUN T3A but ordered the KSGER T12 V3.1S, as there seems to be far more known about it on the eevblog forum and the maker community. It is a 100W iron that takes cartridge style tips with heaters near the hot end. I also picked up chisel tip for good heat transfer, as I...
  25. TomB19

Soldering sub board connectors on MX series

Adding a pic for visual interest.
Back
Top Bottom