Search results

1. C

Fuselier Driver ID

Hi, I recently came across a pair of Fuselier 3-B5 (or maybe BS as it is handwritten). Anyway, I was curious about the drivers so pulled the woofer and the midrange dome to see what they were. It looks like anything that might help identify is gone. I have read he used Peerless and Vifa...
  2. C

Henry kloss

Thumbs up for Cambridge soundworks! I have had a CW surround system with SW and it was awesome! Oh, and my computer speakers and subs were CW too. Very great sound and a great value! I had a colleague who claimed he had one of the larger SACD collections of Jazz music in my state and I was...
  3. C

Audiophile tropes

I agree that there are probably a lot of threads.. I think I have asked a similar question in the past. I guess my thinking was that things posted in a thread 5 years ago... is it still the same today? Have people had new experiences that may be relevant? Just wondering if people change their...
  4. C

ADS??? You have to see these!

Maybe post these in the Dollars and Sense forum. Thanks
  5. C

JBL 075 function

Ok, thanks for the replies! I was measuring resistance and they both were hovering about 7- 8 ohms but I think the hovering was more a function of my hardly used multimeter. Thanks also for letting me know how to use the second crossover! It sounds like things are looking good for me to start...
  6. C

JBL 075 function

Greetings! I have a long term project where I bought some 4505wx that were in great working order and along with that came some 075 bullet tweeters. The cabinets have knockouts for them so adding them would be easy and I was told that I could get some N8000 or n7000 crossovers and add them to...
  7. C

Age and weight of a system

Thanks for the responses! I enjoy switching things around a bit.. sometimes I like to listen to my old McIntosh amps and bigger speakers.. sometimes it is low watt tube amps and more efficient speakers. I do notice a difference in how easy it is to move things around but was curious to see how...
  8. C

Just to add some context... I have an McIntosh 2 2100 amp ( 60 ish lbs each,) Mc 112 tuner preamp.. heavy, and then some JBL speakers over 100lbs each, AR speakers 150 lbs ish... You get the idea. I am tired of moving all this heavy awesome stuff..
  9. C

Hello! I didnt mean about the age of a system.. sorry for the headline. I meant as WE AGE. I tried searching for something about this and failed.. but has anyone else chosen a path of a system that is lighter weight/ easier to move as they age? Just smaller, lighter, easier to manipulate Just...
  10. C

OLD vs. NEW: JBL 2216 (LE15B) vs JBL 2216ND-1 in L200s

Sorry I missed chiming in on this sooner! I got a pair of ND 2216ND from Melissa last January or so... I ordered last fall and got one right away but the second misshipped... Anyway, they replaced my original 2216 in 4505 cabinets and I couldn't be happier. They are impressive looking as per...
  11. C

done with tubes

I will let you know once I get up the courage to ask Schiit about it.. it was a free repair under warrantee the first time but we will see what it is now. Stay tuned... A
  12. C

done with tubes

I am experiencing similar trauma with my Schiit Saga +, but it self inflicted! I recently sent my Saga + back to Schiit since it had some problems and they promptly repaired it and sent it back for no charge. They are awesome to work with. In anticipation, I had purchased a new Electro...
  13. C

Heresy help

Hi, So how do you have them placed? I have seen what BigL suggests - on the floor, in corners to help with bass. I bought a pair that actually had ports cut into the back ( never heard of that before) and I am still playing with them to see what works best. Just seeing what worked best for...
  14. C

Eastman Sound Speakers??

doctorolds is the master of this.. but my Martin USA Gamma SSS (super spectrum slope) use Eastman drivers...
  15. C

Gear Enthusiasts/Collectors, what is your minimum standard for buying a pair of speakers?

I am on the same page as Beobloke... there are so many different types of speakers (2 way, 3 way, full range, omnidirectional, horns, planar, etc...) How do you know what you like best until you try them all? :) A
  16. C

Stacked speakers vs. the high end

Lol... I wouldn't even have a clue how to hoist that 2nd pair up there.. they are like 150 lbs.... A
  17. C

Stacked speakers vs. the high end

Not my image, but I love my AR tsw-910s and would love to stack a couple more!
  18. C

So who is stocking up on tubes?

I have some 2A3 Sovtek tubes arriving tomorrow... not sure how I feel about it though...not sure sending them back would solve anything since I bought them from a US source. A
  19. C

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Cats are playing..
  20. C

JBL Cinema speakers for home?

I will have to see if Santa is still available for me, lol. I figure they can always rock the garage! Andy
  21. C

thanks for the feedback!! I think the cool thing is that they are pretty shallow overall - would that help with placing them close to the wall?? Enjoy all! A
  22. C

Hi, I am currently enjoying my JBL 4505wx speakers with both tube and SS amps. I ran across a listing for JBL 3678 small cinema speakers and was just curious how they may play out as part of a home stereo. I know Altec is the VOTT and are highly sought after, but are more current cinema...
  23. C

Klipsch Cornwall values

Ok, thanks all! A
  24. C

Klipsch Cornwall values

Hi, I am looking for a pair of Cornwall IIs, and I don't mind too much if the cabinets are rough. What would be a fair price assuming the drivers are good? thanks! A
  25. C

Epicure 20

They look very nice to me, and Human speakers has a great replacement, I would be happy to have them. Actually, I sold my my pair of 20+ with the original blue cones and that has been my only seller regret... :) A
Back
Top Bottom