Search results

1. AngelAT

The Fisher 180 Static Noise

I have a beautiful Fisher 180 which developed a static, popping noise. This was present once the unit warms up- after 20-30 mins. It was present on all inputs and even with volume down. The first thing I always check in such cases are the small transistors. Comes out that the 180 has the...
  2. AngelAT

Luxman L-308 Volume Pot

Can smo pls confirm that this is a 50k log stereo pot? Thanks!
  3. AngelAT

Luxman L-308 Volume Pot

Mike was super friendly, but comes out they cannot help...
  4. AngelAT

Luxman L-308 Volume Pot

Thanks for the tip! Do you by chance have any contact details?
  5. AngelAT

Luxman L-308 Volume Pot

Happy new year, guys! I found a nice looking Luxman L-308. Someone has been in, as the filter caps are replaced. Nothing else seems to have been touched besides the volume pot. There are some remains of a pot which is not the original as it is on a small board and misses the balance section...
  6. AngelAT

Luxman LV-105 idle current issues

Right channel both outputs are dead short (in circuit) - between all pins
  7. AngelAT

back to square one... funny thing is, I was listening to the LV 105 for a few weeks now. So it was ok-ish. ...or probably not:confused:
  8. AngelAT

Now sth strange just happened... J115 at the right channel just exploded. Some time ago all was ok. This is the picture I took a few minutes ago when you asked and as it looks now. Excessive current through the source.
  9. AngelAT

Hey @llwhtt , Thanks for stepping in! I believe with the same:
  10. AngelAT

I am calling in all the smart heads at AK! This LV-105 is giving me headaches. I was able to make it work after replacing the bridge rectifier, but now I cannot set the idle current at the right channel. The maximum I get on the right channel is 30-ish going down 20-ish mV. This results in a...
  11. AngelAT

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Niiice setup - enjoy!
  12. AngelAT

Nope but my wife is not happy. And this wall is not helping…
  13. AngelAT

This is the bigger part of my collection. Mainly Marantz, some McIntosh, Pioneer, Tandberg, Fisher, Luxman, HK and Revox. Currently listening to a Dynaco ST70, Marantz 2270, McIntosh C29, Thorens TD 160 and JBL 4410s.
  14. AngelAT

Phonosophie Bi-Amp 1/4 Info needed

Guys, I am ready! Last night I finished and hooked the Phonosophie. I can tell you this thing sounds A-MAY-ZING!!! The only speakers I have at home that allow bi-wiring are a set of small bookshelf B&W CM2. And even with them the sound I get is incredible. I have heard quite a few amps and...
  15. AngelAT

I then plan to recap the whole unit - I do not trust the philips caps. I just wonder if I should also replace the small orange drops...
  16. AngelAT

A quick update: The other day I finished checking and replacing components on the faulty 3-rd amp. Did connect the power amp board and we have sound!!! Now I will order the proper parts (just used what I have at home) and will finalize the power amp.
  17. AngelAT

Can you please help me identify the values of these?
  18. AngelAT

This is how much the caps drift: The second picture is of a new Philips cap - 10uF The third is of a new Nichicon...
  19. AngelAT

As it took quite some time and I was not able to find the schematic, I decided to start the fix without it. Took out the board and started removing what is left of the faulty components. My plan is to check this faulty channel from top south. The two outputs are gone, the two Philips caps are...
  20. AngelAT

Thanks @TimF for stepping in! What do you suggest I replace the tantalum caps with? This is a good idea with the German forums - will check there. Cheers!
  21. AngelAT

(Yet Another) Marantz 4230 with FM Problems

So at the end it came to be a broken wire between JG09 and JD12. Ground wire, as you proposed. Fixed and now the FM and general sound is great! Thanks @dankik for the support! I bought an aftermarket faceplate. Upgraded it with LEDs. Some pictures of the finished product:
  22. AngelAT

Thanks for the advise @ivandezande! Will stick to Nichicons - they did a good job for me so far. Do you happen to know where from can I get the schematic?
  23. AngelAT

Now, this is what I call a good signal level and reception: Using just a jumper cable all looks great- also the Stereo lamp.
  24. AngelAT

The last advise might be very useful I have 3.5 kOhms to chassis ground from j810. This is what I found I think this one comes from the slider pot. Will come back with updates soon.
  25. AngelAT

Hey, no info whatsoever? There should be some info somewhere...
Back
Top Bottom