Search results

1. B

Technics SL M3 thoughts on all thoughts?

Picked up one about a month ago - not working - the two main power trans were gone - replaced - some detox on the var resistor that adjusts the pitch - massive flutter - took care of it. Got a new AT8008 Cart - was their TOL for p-mounts. Got it working - I find the tracking is VERY sensitive...
  2. B

Nakamichi Stasis receiver upgrades?

Been running a SR-4A for about 2 years - GREAT - yes the display is a bit dim - but almost zero FM reception in my area so no big deal. As for the remote - finally found the original - however remotes for the TA series will work (for radio and volume) as well - mainly use for volume control...
  3. B

Bought Technics Sl-ma1, looking for stylus replacement/upgrade

I just managed to pickup a Technics SL-MA1 that came with heads for both the P-Mount and 1/2 in. Mount.! Without question this is a high end turntable but I wonder why they supplied a P33S (conical) stylus and not one of their other high end ones? Still waiting on a step-down transformer (Japan...
  4. B

DBX 20/20 Equalizer Microphone

Old post but wanted to comment on the microphone - I picked up a 20/20 in excellent shape - recapped the main board (lots of the 3.3uf were bad) - working great. BUT NO MIC - wanted to play with the auto cal feature. Lots of calibration mic but most require phantom power of +15 to +45 Volts - I...
  5. B

DBX EQUIPMENT

Get a user manual for the 400 - it has a lot of examples of how the equipment can be connected. Using the 400 you can have up to 3 sound processers - In this case the 3 would be the 4BX, 10/20 and 120x - the 400 manual will suggest in what order they be connected. The 224x control / connects to...
  6. B

Dbx 2020 eq display

I just picked up a DBX 20/20 and number on this unit stays fixed at the range you set it to. Check out some U-Tube Vids and you will see this is standard. On some of the other models the number changes with the input. I had the same question when I first started testing my unit.
  7. B

pskaufdio - Like you I am a big Nak CD fan - CD player 2, MB 2, MB 2s - and just got a CD Player...

pskaufdio - Like you I am a big Nak CD fan - CD player 2, MB 2, MB 2s - and just got a CD Player #1 - on its way - been looking for the MB 1 or CD Player 1 for over a year. I was wondering if you had the Service Manual for the #1 ? Also on the #1 do you recommend any Cap changes on the D/A...
  8. B

Starting a Nakamichi SR-4A rebuild

Just picked up an SR-4, like new - EXCEPT for the fluorescent display. On FM all the segments are dim, except for one segment on one digit. On AM same except the AM display is bright. My guess is that this is just a normal with these and can not be fixed. Anyone have the same problem? Any...
  9. B

Nakamichi Stasis receiver upgrades?

Just got a SR-4A on the "Bay" - should get it in about a week - only know it powers on - no other test - been looking for one for a bit to replace/upgrade my current NAD 705 for my office.
  10. B

What NAD receivers are to avoid and what are a safer bet?

I also have a NAD 705. Been running it in my office for about 2 years. The only issue with it when I got it was the common display issue, 2 led bulbs replacements from a supplier on ebay took care of that problem, so far 100%. The remote works fine and I also found that the NAD 450 remote will...
  11. B

Some comments and observations on a Sansui AU-777A upgrade

Viewing the comments it appears I was not clear enough on what issue I was addressing - again -Yes, the best (most accurate) replacement for the 2SC485LG would be another 2SC485LG - all the specifications would match 100%. Yes, there are very valid arguments for not deviating from the original...
  12. B

Yes, the best (most accurate) replacement for the 2SC485LG would be another 2SC485LG - all the specifications would match 100% - but that is not the issue here. We are attempting to find an effective replacement that meets the original part's general specifications. As noted in my original post...
  13. B

Best 80's Nakamichi CD Player?

I have both the Nakamichi MB-2 and MB-2s. Both units had all the belts replaced - not an easy task but look to spend 2 or 3+ hours - lots of frustrations on the side belt - hook - drop - hook ..... But when done should be good for several years. With the MB-2 you need the remote which allows...
  14. B

Substitute for 2SC458?

As for the ZTX1051 - never used it - but pulling up the specs. It is listed as a Low Noise Audio part, but the actual Noise level is not listed? Other specs would indicate it would "work" but may not be the best match to the 2SC458 This looks to be used in a higher current application with the...
  15. B

I am the original owner of my 777A which I purchased back in 1970. A few years ago, I felt it was way past time to address the 50 year old caps – prior to the puff of gray smoke! Two years ago, taking advantage of the excellent “xmas break rebuild” posting from smurfer77, I started with the...
  16. B

Substitute for 2SC458?

Check the specs on the KSC1815Y, you will find they exceed the specs of the original 2SC485. Currently they are only made (best I could locate) with the Y - hFE range (120-240). I recently used them on a 777A upgrade. Ditg-Key sells the ON Semiconductor version (part # KSC1815YTACT). On the...
  17. B

Jim - I noticed your extensive posts on the DBX 3BX systems. I am currently working on a later...

Jim - I noticed your extensive posts on the DBX 3BX systems. I am currently working on a later Series 1 3BX (without the 9 boards). However, while I have been able to find several Service Manuals for the Series 1 - all appear to be for units with the additional 9 boards. Do you know of a...
  18. B

Strange AU 777A Power Transistors

Simecity - I agree that most likely it is the same part under a custom number, but it could also be a "lesser" tran used to hit production schedules, there was one other sub, one of the 4, 2SD143's had a Motorola HESPS5019 (again could not cross ref). So they could have been hitting the bottom...
  19. B

Strange AU 777A Power Transistors

I have been recapping a 777A I purchased new in 1970. All has been going well - especially thanks to several posts covering 777A upgrades! Checking the power trans was my last task and in removing the back cover came across an unknown part number: DMT707 where I expected to find the specked...
  20. DMT707

DMT707

Power Trans found in AU-777A
  21. B

HI - I am also working on a AU-777A I have owned since 1970! I noticed you used a BC107 to...

HI - I am also working on a AU-777A I have owned since 1970! I noticed you used a BC107 to replace the 2sc283 - how did that work for you? The originals appear to be working - but they are almost 50 years old so as long as it is apart might as well cover them as well. Thank Bill
  22. B

Yes have done some tube HAM systems, always start with the power supply and work out. likely...

Yes have done some tube HAM systems, always start with the power supply and work out. likely will take several months - I will let you know how it goes.
  23. B

Smurfer77 I was reviewing your postings on the AU777A rebuild. I also have one I picked up back...

Smurfer77 I was reviewing your postings on the AU777A rebuild. I also have one I picked up back in 1970 I am planning on re-caping and making some minor mods. I was wondering if you have any changes from your original suggestion or things you would have done differently? Thanks for any...
Back
Top Bottom